the bull was doing. The farmer complained that the bull just ate grass and

wouldn't even look at a cow.The Banker suggested that he have a

veterinarian take a look at the bull.

Next week,The Banker returned to see if the vet had helped. The farmer

looked very pleased. "The bull has serviced all of my cows! He broke through

the fence, and bred all my neighbor's cows! He's been breeding just about

everything in sight. He's like a machine!"

"Wow," said The Banker , "what did the vet do to that bull?"

"Just gave him some pills," replied the farmer.

"What kind of pills?" asked The Banker

"I don't know, but they got a peppermint taste."

• Like 4

Jerry Clower tells one about a big Brahma bull being delivered to a farm. The 3 existing bulls watch as the trailer backs in.

The 1st says, "I've been here the longest and I ain't sharing my herd with him."

The 2nd says, "I ain't been here as long and don't have near as many in my herd as you, so I sure ain't fixin to share."

The 3rd says, "I just got here a few months ago and I ain't got but 4 ugly old milk cows in my herd. Ain't no way I'm sharin either."

As the rancher unloads the bull, they notice how the trailer is a swayin' and a bouncin' and the tires are nearly flat from all the weight. When he kicks at the inside of the trailer they see the dents he's done made in the metal. That beast comes trottin' out and he's forever more huge and mean lookin'.

That 1st bull says, "I reckon since I got about 40 cows and can't hardly get around to all of 'em as it is, I'll just give this new feller about half of them."

The 2nd says, "Yeah, I got about 25 all to myself, I can spare this feller about 10 or so. I prolly won't even miss 'em."

The 3rd starts to pawin' at the ground and commences to bellow and snort and charge the fence.

The 1st bull says, "boy you crazy, look at the size of that monster, you better quit if you know what's good for you."

The 2nd bull says, "that thing's gonna kill you. What're you thinkin'? Just give him a couple of cows and be done with it."

The 3rd bull says, "I don't care about that 4 cows, I just wanna make darn sure that big son of gun don't think I'm a heifer!'

• Like 2

Me too, Vontar. I have one of his albums on 8-track around here somewhere and several more on vinyl. He's good clean fun and gets me rolling every time not matter how many times I've heard his stories.

Edited by BigK