New 100 post rule

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
I don't think I'll ever get to 50!!! I don't have that much anyone cares to hear about!

Start an admin/mod flaming thread. That's usually blast. :mad::rofl:

Guest dotsun
The bad news is that people were already posting junk, fluff posts just to run up their post count anyway.

Amen. I'm not really sure why people do that, I guess they think it gives their posts more credence if they have a higher post count. Or maybe they're compensating for something. :mad:

Guest Boomhower
Amen. I'm not really sure why people do that, I guess they think it gives their posts more credence if they have a higher post count. Or maybe they're compensating for something. :slap:

Your just jealous because you can't catch up to me :P....And Mike if you don't slow down.....:mad:

Guest canynracer
Your just jealous because you can't catch up to me :slap:....And Mike if you don't slow down.....:mad:

And you cant catch up to me...LOL...

yeah Mike, slow down!!

I fear that the 100 post rule will get us less quality posts. Some just commenting to run their post count up. I do understand the logic with the requirement but wonder about the unintended consequences.

I think the post count should be discontinued; it serves no purpose and if eliminated perhaps we'd have fewer "me too", etc.

So I guess I wasn't the only person who got his pee pee whacked because I posted in the Trading Post before the required number of inane posts...cool.

I originally came here because I was looking for THAT pistol (which, btw, I found here and OMG!!! does it kick ass!).

I stayed because....heck...it's about guns....

Lets' see...this would be inane post #.....uh......gotta take off my shoes....brb....

So I guess I wasn't the only person who got his pee pee whacked because I posted in the Trading Post before the required number of inane posts...cool.

I originally came here because I was looking for THAT pistol (which, btw, I found here and OMG!!! does it kick ass!).

I stayed because....heck...it's about guns....

Lets' see...this would be inane post #.....uh......gotta take off my shoes....brb....

Excuse me, Sir. I'm gonna have to ask you to turn over the firearm to me right away. Once you've reched the required number of posts, you're more than welcome to fill out the necessary "Request To Have My Gun Back" paperwork. Once I've recieved the above mentioned paperwork, I will need a minimum of 120 days to determine weather or not you actually deserve to have said firearm returned to you.

Thank you for your full cooperation.

Hey 2old...you ever discharge your firearm at home?

Just curious because I used to live in Madison. Once, while teaching the daughter to shoot using a .22, the law stopped and axed me what the heck was I doing and did I not know that it was illegal to do this. Having looked it up, discharging a firearm in the General Services district of Metro (of which Madison is a part) is/was perfectly legal from sun up to sun down, unlike the Urban Services district where even shooting a BB gun is illegal and I quoted the exact code which stated this. They backed up a bit, obviously did NOT know this was so, and politely axed me to cease and desist. As the neighbors were coming home anyway, I politely complied. I think I got a chubbie from watching them stutter a bit though.

• Administrator

I don't know if this ever occurred to anyone... but there's always the chance that we tightened down the restrictions on access to the Trading Post forums because of "outside influences".

Just saying. :D

Guest canynracer
It's all good, Tungy. Don't sweat it. TGO is the shiznit, fo' shizzle.

Ummmm...Rabbi, we are gonna need translation here!! :confused:

Guest 2Old

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Old viewpost.gif

Most of the time I'd rather just read than to write... does that make me a bad person?

Short answer: Yes!

Long answer Yes It Does! :devil:

I doubt you really believe I'm a bad person, if you did you wouldn't be trying to make me angry... you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Hey 2old...you ever discharge your firearm at home?

Just curious because I used to live in Madison. Once, while teaching the daughter to shoot using a .22, the law stopped and axed me what the heck was I doing and did I not know that it was illegal to do this. Having looked it up, discharging a firearm in the General Services district of Metro (of which Madison is a part) is/was perfectly legal from sun up to sun down, unlike the Urban Services district where even shooting a BB gun is illegal and I quoted the exact code which stated this. They backed up a bit, obviously did NOT know this was so, and politely axed me to cease and desist. As the neighbors were coming home anyway, I politely complied. I think I got a chubbie from watching them stutter a bit though.

wow. Eman, you're a nice person. If I'm in the right, and running through a block of instruction, I'm pretty particular about when I stop...if it was legal for you to use your rifle, I would have told them respectfully, that I was in the middle of a block of instruction that they were interrupting and would they kindly come back and require me to stop shooting when the laws change.

Actually, it was only a dinky ol' Phoenix Arms .22 pistol. Firecrackers make more noise. I lived in a neighborhood with some fairly close neighbors and I had a little over an acre. I tried to shoot when they weren't around only because I once had a ricochet from my 7.62. The closest neighbors were coming up their driveway the day Mr. Law was there so I would have stopped anyway.

Guest db99wj
It all seems silly to me. Why don't we just stop counting posts? What purpose does it serve?

Because post counts give you status. Some abuse it, others do not. If you go to a site and you are new. You ask a question. You get a response that says one thing from a person that has 50 posts. You get a completely different answer from a guy that has 5000 posts. Right or wrong, the guy with 5000 posts has more "internet credibility".

If I wanted to buy a Beretta 92fs and found one on here from a member who just signed up this month, had 3 posts, in the introduction, and 2 on the for sale thread for $400, and there was also another member, lets say Towerclimber37 who has 1,987 posts, and has been a member here since Jan 2007 and his price is $450. The guns are identical in everyway. I have never met either person. I, myself, would buy from Towerclimber37 because, even though I don't know him personally, he has credibility on here. The other guy, might be the nicest, most honest person in the world, but he doesn't have credibility....yet.

But this is just me and my .02.