Cameras to watch the cameras

piercedan

I actually have to say good for those people who are taking them down. I can imagine you would get tired of being watched constantly. It is pretty funny though that they are considering adding more cameras to watch cameras. Welcome to government waste. I also laughed when they said one had been set fire to. On a similar note, when I was down in New Orleans some people tried to carry off one of those police tower things like what they set up at malls. The next day it was chained to a telephone pole after the event.

Edited by gjohnsoniv

I had a customer come in and make a purchase from me actually driving 20 minutes extra because he does not do business in towns that use speed cameras. His thoughts were that I am paying taxes for law enforcement not cameras that can identify the bg after I am assaulted. He was a really nice guy and very adamant about his beliefs.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

I had a customer come in and make a purchase from me actually driving 20 minutes extra because he does not do business in towns that use speed cameras. His thoughts were that I am paying taxes for law enforcement not cameras that can identify the bg after I am assaulted. He was a really nice guy and very adamant about his beliefs.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

Funny.

People bitched about cops giving tickets instead of going after real criminals.

Now people bitch about cops not doing their job of writing tickets.

I'm sensing a pattern or something here... :lol:

Would be a good use for a flash mob.

Flash! Flash! unplug, throw away.

Love to see it done in the People's City of

Oak Ridge. Clarksville's cameras seem

to be reducing on my end of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I was in High School in the early to mid 90s when I started hearing about The City of London putting up camera's all over the place to watch people. I knew then it would hit over here and I knew I didn't like the idea one bit. I still don't

People just don't want to take responsibly for themselves,

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

--Ronald Reagan info-sm.gif

I take that to mean, protect us from Foreign powers that would do harm to us, but take some responsibility for your own actions.

Edited by vontar

Heck, strickj, the man who argues about

fairness in tips to waiters when the

person you're arguing with probably

pays them double, but based on service , at least you can talk to the cop.

I have more options arguing with you

than that spy camera. Also, we both get

a laugh. Kinda hard to laugh wearing

this darned brace, but :D

People just don't want to take responsibly for themselves,

I take that to mean, protect us from Foreign powers that would do harm to us, but take some responsibility for your own actions.

People do wish to

take responsibility for their actions, but

overloading laws against drivers and

changing rules to lay off a cop doesn't

work for me.

Hey, enjoy visiting the village, 32, just

remember, you can always check in.

but you may never leave! Sung lightly

enough to only make a point. :D

Laying off cops certainty shouldn't happen.

I just think it's more about bitching about getting a ticket than the "principle" everyone claims.

Red Bank recently removed (or are currently removing?) their cams due to public outcry. Thing is, people have complained about the lack of traffic enforcement for years in Red Bank. But with only ~three cops on the clockaroo at any given time, traffic enforcement really keeps them from pursuing serious stuffs, or vise versa. So, up went the cams.

But what the people of Red Bank really meant was: "We want traffic enforcement that people can fudge through un-ticketed". ;)

Heck, strickj, the man who argues about

fairness in tips to waiters when the

person you're arguing with probably

pays them double, but based on service , at least you can talk to the cop.

I have more options arguing with you

than that spy camera. Also, we both get

a laugh. Kinda hard to laugh wearing

this darned brace, but :D

What's that Cupcake?

:D

Edited by strickj

"We want more money from you, at less cost".

Nothing to do with safety. If you ever got to

listen to some of the city council meetings, you

might hear that side, sweetheart :D

Edited by 6.8 AR

Funny.

People bitched about cops giving tickets instead of going after real criminals.

Now people bitch about cops not doing their job of writing tickets.

I'm sensing a pattern or something here... :lol:

I was in the middle of mentally agreeing with your statement when I realized that I have never been pulled over in the state of Tennessee or have I received a traffic camera ticket. Been here 10 years and never an issue. Perhaps that is why I don't care about people or cameras enforcing the laws. I'm trying real hard to come up with a reason why traffic cameras violate a person's rights by issuing a ticket based on video evidence, but then again, WalMart presses charges against shoplifters all the time based on video evidence from their cameras, and their stores have hundreds of them.

• Like 1

This stuff has been argued on here, before, and

frankly, I'm high as a kite(legally), but I think it

got whacked as unconstitutional by a Cali judge, maybe another state, also. Questions about

accuser, etc.

Doesn't matter to some, but I don't care for this

constant encroachment on privacy, even on

public spaces. Some places are just silly and

others are to the point of watching every move

you make.

"We want more money from you, at less cost".

Nothing to do with safety. If you ever got to

listen to some of the city council meetings, you

might hear that side, sweetheart :D

That makes me chuckle too.

When going up, it's all about safety.

When they're coming down, they cry about the loss of revenue.

Doesn't matter much to me anyway. Tax the stupid or tax the working. Your choice. :)