New range says NO to reloads

There are many insurance companies out there and there are MANY ranges that allow reloads

Dont be duped by an owner trying to capitalize on selling his own ammo for profit

Guns blow up even with factory labeled ammo,heck it happened to me on a 22 last year (GSG1911)

Reloads are not only all I use but more accurate than the factory mass produced stuff you buy

in other words...BOYCOTT

Like Sour Kraut said, buy your ammo wherever you want. Though there are several ranges in the area that don't have a "no reloads" rule, there are also a couple others that do. I only shoot reloads in my handguns so I probably won't use their range but I will definitely stop by and see what they have going on behind the gun counter. I'll just continue to shoot elsewhere. No big deal.

• Administrator
There are many insurance companies out there and there are MANY ranges that allow reloads

Dont be duped by an owner trying to capitalize on selling his own ammo for profit

Guns blow up even with factory labeled ammo,heck it happened to me on a 22 last year (GSG1911)

Reloads are not only all I use but more accurate than the factory mass produced stuff you buy

in other words...BOYCOTT

This is going to come off wrong I'm sure but that's a pretty dumbass statement in light of the facts as stated AND the fact that that this range is a premier sponsor of this forum and didn't choose to "boycott us".

Thanks for that.

4: Choose to open a fabric store as opposed to a gunshop/range because gun owners and shooter will bitch and whine about everything because they feel like they're being picked on and the world is against them.

Apparently, you have never sold fabrics in a fabric store. It just might be easier to run the gun store... ;)

Insurance, to cover your loan. How nice. Banking system screws you coming and going.

Yes, it is a safety issue, as someone will forget to properly measure the power, and shoot an overloaded shot, and boom. Bad thing happens. Stuff like this is reaction to things which have occurred before. Just like the majority of the safety rules and regs you run into on the job, or even buying items.

Look, why boycott the owner, when his hands are tied, and he does not really have a choice? Boycott the loan provider, for forcing the owner into unfavorable terms for his business.

Hmm. Indoor rifle range? Interesting... indeed.

Edited by HvyMtl

Like Sour Kraut said, buy your ammo wherever you want. Though there are several ranges in the area that don't have a "no reloads" rule, there are also a couple others that do. I only shoot reloads in my handguns so I probably won't use their range but I will definitely stop by and see what they have going on behind the gun counter. I'll just continue to shoot elsewhere. No big deal.

I hope they don't sell reloading supplies!

If they don't allow reloads, I'd shoot my WWB or UMC factory ammo, pick up my brass for reloading, and have to take my reloads to another range.

Apparently, you have never sold fabrics in a fabric store. It just might be easier to run the gun store... ;)

Insurance, to cover your loan. How nice. Banking system screws you coming and going.

Yes, it is a safety issue, as someone will forget to properly measure the power, and shoot an overloaded shot, and boom. Bad thing happens. Stuff like this is reaction to things which have occurred before. Just like the majority of the safety rules and regs you run into on the job, or even buying items.

Look, why boycott the owner, when his hands are tied, and he does not really have a choice? Boycott the loan provider, for forcing the owner into unfavorable terms for his business.

Hmm. Indoor rifle range? Interesting... indeed.

I hear about more people having an ND/AD than someone having a bad reload..Least that is my perception...

Its just sad that people wont even give it a chance to go and shoot on the range but rather just badmouth it before they even get to know the people who shoot there..We dont have enough nice ranges around here as it is..I worry more about having bathroom facilitys that anything else..( I HATE port -a- potties..lol)

My only question is HOW WOULD THEY KNOW what ammo you use?

Exactly. I don't know if that is the owners intent for patrons to read between the lines (stomp stomp stomp) or not, but certainly since he is not the one dictating the use of reloads I don't see them caring. But I don't know if "don't ask don't tell" is the intention here. It would make sense considering the silliness of the insurer's policy, as any reload hot enough to cause excess damage due to velocity would probably blow up the weapon it fired from anyway. Just a thought. I don't reload pistol ammo, but if I did I would probably take it in federal boxes and attempt to gauge the attitude of range operators by eliciting opinions on the policy.

Right now I'm using cast bullets that I bought from a friend who runs a business selling cast bullets that he makes. I've never seen store bought cast bullet ammo.

I didn't start this thread to bash one of our TGO supporters and I didn't want to see it develope into a "How to get around the rule" thread either. I had missed their post earlier that pointed out their rule against it. I don't care what the reason is behind the rule. If they don't allow reloads then don't expext to shoot them at their range! As has been stated, "Their house, Their rules" It really is as simple as that!

Right now I'm using cast bullets that I bought from a friend who runs a business selling cast bullets that he makes. I've never seen store bought cast bullet ammo.

I didn't start this thread to bash one of our TGO supporters and I didn't want to see it develope into a "How to get around the rule" thread either. I had missed their post earlier that pointed out their rule against it. I don't care what the reason is behind the rule. If they don't allow reloads then don't expext to shoot them at their range! As has been stated, "Their house, Their rules" It really is as simple as that!

Sure! There are several factory cast bullet loads. Problem is, most indoor ranges don't like cast bullets even if they are reload friendly. Indoor ranges are one of the many reasons the push for "green ammo" has come about. Unlike many things, I actually agree with it too. Lead fumes outside are a non issue, indoors though? Even with high efficiency ventilation, it's still a valid concern.

I hope they don't sell reloading supplies!

If they don't allow reloads, I'd shoot my WWB or UMC factory ammo, pick up my brass for reloading, and have to take my reloads to another range.

They did advertise on their website at one time that they were going to sell reloading supplies. I'll probably check them out, but I won't be getting a range membership like I wanted.

Exactly. I don't know if that is the owners intent for patrons to read between the lines (stomp stomp stomp) or not, but certainly since he is not the one dictating the use of reloads I don't see them caring. But I don't know if "don't ask don't tell" is the intention here. It would make sense considering the silliness of the insurer's policy, as any reload hot enough to cause excess damage due to velocity would probably blow up the weapon it fired from anyway. Just a thought. I don't reload pistol ammo, but if I did I would probably take it in federal boxes and attempt to gauge the attitude of range operators by eliciting opinions on the policy.

Your right on track TMF.

To many think if its my house my rules are right.

• Administrator

Frankly I'm more than a little appalled at the lack of integrity being displayed by those who suggest a person should just try to sneak reloads in and use them anyway. So much for gun owners being "salt of the earth" types, right?

On second thought, maybe appalled isn't the right emotion. Pissed off is. These guys have stepped up and supported this site at the highest level we make available to our vendors. Awesome way to welcome them to the community and thank them for supporting TGO.

It kind of defeats my idea of seeing if they'd like to host some organized events on their range and I hadn't even had a chance to approach them with that yet!

Again, thanks guys. Maybe THINK before posting in the future.