REPORTS: Marines not permitted live ammo [in U.S. Egyptian Embassy]

logo-print.png

REPORTS: Marines not permitted live ammo

anne-patterson-300x224.png

Anne Patterson / Wikimedia Commons

BY: Adam Kredo

September 13, 2012 10:36 am

U.S. Marines defending the American embassy in Egypt were not permitted by the State Department to carry live ammunition, limiting their ability to respond to attacks like those this week on the U.S. consulate in Cairo.

Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson “did not permit US Marine guards to carry live ammunition,†according to multiple reports on U.S. Marine Corps blog spotted by Nightwatch. “She neutralized any US military capability that was dedicated to preserve her life and protect the US Embassy.â€

If true, the reports indicate that Patterson shirked her obligation to protect U.S. interests, Nightwatch states.

“She did not defend US sovereign territory and betrayed her oath of office,†the report states. “She neutered the Marines posted to defend the embassy, trusting the Egyptians over the Marines.â€

While Marines are typically relied on to defend U.S. territory abroad, such as embassies, these reports indicate that the Obama administration was relying on Egypt’s new Muslim Brotherhood-backed government to ensure American security, a move observers are questioning as violence in Cairo continues to rage.

©2012 All Rights Reserved

http://freebeacon.co...tted-live-ammo/

Edited by QuietDan

This isn't all that uncommon. I've been in many of the embassies and consulates in Latin America. They always have National Police or military for perimeter guards. The Marines I've seen always had empty weapons, with ammo & magazines locked up in a weapons safe somewhere near the main entrance. Bogotá Marines actually had empty S&W revolvers several times when I was there.

Cherokee Slim

Edited by Cherokee Slim

Sounds about right. You see, if you give Marines live ammo they will absolutely shoot people that need shooting, which is a bad thing if you are a weak minded liberal incapable of understanding that there are people out there that want to kill Americans and violate our sovereignty.

• Like 4

No, politicians like service members to be "pretty" and silent unless they specifically decide they are useable. Like you have a ten minute window to issue ammunition in the event of an attack. It is US soil. It should not offend anyone if they are armed. We do the dieing and in the meantime...

Soldiers and dogs stay off the grass.

Sounds about right. You see, if you give Marines live ammo they will absolutely shoot people that need shooting, which is a bad thing if you are a weak minded liberal incapable of understanding that there are people out there that want to kill Americans and violate our sovereignty.

I know a few Marines. GOD bless them, you are 110% correct. You give those boys ammo, they will kill people who act stupid or threatening in any way. It's what they do best and they are DAMN good at it.

Edited by Caster

I've known a lot of MSG duty Marines while I was in the USMC. They are some very well trained men, ready to do what they need to do to defend United States Property. Armed Marines stopped it once before, They would have done it again.

"They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with the really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," Which mean "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake." ~ Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia

Ridiculous! United States property should be defended like our homeland!

You'd think so. It probably was much better before this

latest bunch of hooligans Occupied the WH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typical.

The Ivy League elites who run the State Department look on Marines as Dangerous Kids (which they are) and as kin to cockroaches (which they aren't). I grieve for dead Marines, not dead politicians.

I'd go anywhere in the world with a squad of Marines and feel perfectly safe.

Guest CaptAhab

Ridiculous! United States property should be defended like our homeland!

Did you just hear what you said. I agree with what you meant but to suggest that we protect our embassies like we protect our borders would suggest that as soon as the bastards come across the fence, we don't shoot them but we just toss them back over the fence.

As I said, I agree with your intent, we should shoot the bastards...