colt defender 45 acp

Guest nj.piney

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CleanSeries80

i've not heard anything BAD about them. the best 1911 info/forum i've found is www.m1911.org

check out that site and SOMEONE there is bound to have one and talk about it

Guest CleanSeries80
great gun, but your buying the "Colt" name... and you will have to spend a little more money to make it run good.

why is that? Both of my Colt's run just fine. Hell my government model never gave me a problem after the 100 round mark, and it's well into 2,000 plus range. The only reason my Commander has any problems is because it was made in 1974 and has the original extractor that is just worn out.

Guest nj.piney

i looked at the new agent, but thought i might miss having sights.not counting the lack of sights both guns are about equal. price ,size, and weight are about the same.

rashgunner , where do those grips come from ?

Edited by nj.piney
Guest CleanSeries80

from what i understand and read about the new agent is the trench sights are odd at 1st but you just need to put where you want your bullet to land in the center of the trench. supposedly after you get used to it, it's a fairly accurate gun for it's size. there is a detailed review on it at m1911.org

Guest 2Old
great gun, but your buying the "Colt" name... and you will have to spend a little more money to make it run good.

I've owned several Colts over the years and while I have made a few modifications on a few of them, I've never made one that was really necessary.

Guys Im really a 1911 guy... really....and I love my colts, but I bet you guys are running range ball ammo thru them. If ammo wasnt so high I'd suggest going and getting about 500 rounds of corbon and hydra shock then let us know what it will do. All my colts were fine with ball, it was the hp's that gave them a few problems after a while. But hey Im a perfectionist too. If a gun of mine ever fails... I have to fix it and prove to my brain I can depend my life on it or find it a new home. So besides the ramp work I also have trigger work and polishing done to make them ultimately reliable. There really is a difference in a range gun and a tac gun you are depending your life on.

Guest CleanSeries80

both of mine have fed all ammunition i've put through it reliably. gold dot 200grain jhp. TAP 230grain hydra-shok etc. the ONLY thing one didn't like was some cheap remington jhp's when i 1st bought my govt. also, yes i think a Colt can atleast run as well as any kimber, SA, Sig or whatever other manufacturer you want to compare it to. i've heard more problems out of SIG 1911's than ANY other make minus the Auto-Ordnance. a 1911 doesn't need al those beaver tail grip safeties, ambi thumb switch, oversized mag releases or slide stops and definately doesn't need a slide to frame fit thats so tight you have a hard time even hand cycling the gun. you see bells and whistles are just that. the 1911 worked great long before people started to mess with it and make them "better"

no i can't produce a 2 inch group, because quite honestly i'm just not capable of that kind of marksmenship, but i bet someone on this board can.

btw there is nothing wrong with a Gl*ck, they work. just not my cup of tea. we Colt guys just tend to be elitest pricks just like you plastic pistol lovers

Edited by CleanSeries80
Guest bluecanary25

^^^ Like what he said!! :eek: "Colt guys..."

I enjoy reading the merits of the different manufacturers of 1911's.

It will be another 6 months before DA BOSS, will let me buy another gun :D

So I read and hopefully, learn.

Guest CleanSeries80
^^^ Like what he said!! :eek: "Colt guys..."

I enjoy reading the merits of the different manufacturers of 1911's.

It will be another 6 months before DA BOSS, will let me buy another gun :D

So I read and hopefully, learn.

Then ya need to get a Colt next. you'll love it! keep an eye out and you can get a nice colt beween 600-800 if you shop around.

this place always has atleast a few Colt's on hand

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_141

Guest readyornot

I really like my defender. It carries well and shoots even better. The Hogue grips really make it comfortable.

Guest nj.piney

i carry a star pd45 and use remington 230 gr. hp ammo, never fails. im looking for a gun of similar weight and size for range time. the pd is for carry and the colt will be for practice,i hate a grip safety.my opinion.