War Sport’s New LVOA SBR

Defender

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the article did end with "this is going to be big". If only someone would come out with kits to make the 5.56 even LESS effective...oh wait...

+1

You take what was once a very effective weapon. Then shorten the barrel reducing the velocity, increase the bullet weight again reducing velocity. Overstabilize the bullets to the point they do not tumble and without tumbling they will not fragment. Not like it matters as most FMJ ammunition need at least 2600 fps to fragment anyways. Any gun with a barrel of 10.5" or less is going to give 22lr like wounds at anything beyond 50 yards. 12.5" barrels extend that to about 100 yards and 14.5" gets you to about 200 yards. This is with a 7 twist barrel shooting 62 grain bullets.

If they wanted the M4 to be more effective they would go to 9 twist with 62-69 grain bullets or 12 twist with 55 grain bullets. This would increase the effectiveness of the round by at least 100 yards because the bullets WILL tumble.

The 5.56 is a 300 yard cartridge and when the powers that be tried to extend that range they ruined all it attributes. I would rather have a very effective 300 yard caliber than a marginal 500 yard caliber.

If the military is insistant on having a shorter barrel they need to look at another caliber. There are plenty of other calibers that are appropiate to shorter barrels. 6.8 SPC, 300 Blackout as well as a few "wildcat" calibers would be far more effective.

Dolomite

Dolomite

• 2 months later...
Guest J.boyette
Guys,

If you have any questions about the production gun please let me know. I will do my best to cover any questions as long as the questions are not about sales or buying the rifle.

I am not a sales guy, I am a training guy. Lol

John
[quote name='J.boyette' timestamp='1353798569' post='850174']
Guys,

If you have any questions about the production gun please let me know. I will do my best to cover any questions as long as the questions are not about sales or buying the rifle.

I am not a sales guy, I am a training guy. Lol

John
[/quote]

Your post intrigues me. Tell us more.
Guest J.boyette
[quote name='Garufa' timestamp='1353801603' post='850186']
Your post intrigues me. Tell us more.
[/quote]

Sir,

The site is [url="http://lvoa.us/"]http://lvoa.us/[/url]

I have input on the design and testing of the system not sales. So if you guys want any area cleared up please ask away.

John Edited by J.boyette
Guest J.boyette
First batch just sold out.

Will be a bit before the door opens again.

http://www.warsport-us.net/War-Sport-AR15-Uppers-Builds_c2.htm

If any of you are close to NC the LVOA 14.5" will be my main carbine for 2013.

So if you want any trigger time on it come on out to a course and give it a run or two.

John
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest J.boyette

I love this thing, and in the morning, of to DPRC to give it a run during a pistol class. LOL

Extras include:

DD front and Rear sights
TLR-1s light
XTM Mix up rail kit
XTM hand stop kit
Troy VFG
War Sport Rail Bungee

IMG_0599_zpsf7d1da60.jpg

IMG_0598_zps25a0f768.jpg

IMG_0596_zpsb0abf34a.jpg

IMG_0595_zpsa3f35327.jpg

IMG_0594_zpsfa9634a5.jpg

IMG_0593_zps42d8dd70.jpg

IMG_0592_zps16c8be69.jpg

I am using my War Sport 18-GPR-L lower for now, will install the LVOA lower here in a bit.

This will be a iron sighted rifle for 2013, going back to the basics for a wile.

John