Truck owner shoots at suspects stealing his truck at WalMart in Chattanooga

They have a poll up on WRCBTV.com (third down page in middle section) that is showing big favor to shooting at vehicle thieves.

I'd say the Ford [spit] owner will be justified in the shooting. Lots of folks the thief could have hit in that parking lot.

if that is a crime, we need to build some high-rise jails.

I was kinda thinking that was NYC, no guns, seems rights have been taken away

be nice to ford, they made me a lot of money :P

$2 -> $10 jump I think during the auto bailout, all the way to 15 over a longer period but I got in and out pretty quickly.

Keep in Mind, Ford didn't take a bail out and did just fine. I got in at 4 and sold around 10 myself, while I lost my Ass to Government Motors. I made enough on ford to cover my GM lost, pay taxes and have a little pocket money.

He will...

least he will get is discharging a firearm in puplic..IF he is.lucky..

they need.to charge him with being a dumbass

How do we know he is a dumbass exactly? Did you get a look at the police report or something?

I find it highly unlikely he's going to be charged with anything... Again we don't know the facts... but one thing is certain he wasn't cited, or arrested at the scene, and the statement from the police PIO doesn't seem to indicated they are considering charges at this time.

• Moderators

The DA would have to be a genius at jury selection to get a conviction. I hope he did hit what he was aiming at. As long as he had a clear line of fire, I say throw as much lead at the bastards as possible. I really would like to see our state laws changed to more closely resemble Texas. As far as I am concerned, defense of property should be a justified reason to use deadly force.

• Like 2

I am all for defending my property...but if someone wants to take my truck and steal it in a walmart parking lot..go for.it..Inam not going to go to jail or risk shooting someone by accident in a occupied.parking lot..They can have my truck..thats what i got insurance for....Now..on my own property..different story..they need.to come down a long driveway..If they makenit that far..

• Like 1
The DA would have to be a genius at jury selection to get a conviction. I hope he did hit what he was aiming at. As long as he had a clear line of fire, I say throw as much lead at the bastards as possible. I really would like to see our state laws changed to more closely resemble Texas. As far as I am concerned, defense of property should be a justified reason to use deadly force.
This idiot should be in jail...putting lives in danger to save his truck...give me a break.

THe DA won't have any problem getting a conviction unless the jury is a bunch of idiots like the jerk that did the shooting.

I wouldn't shoot anyone stealing my vehicle if they weren't endangering me.

I wouldn't either. My gun is to protect me and my family, not my truck. I'm not saying I would sit back and watch someone take it if I could do something about it ( :bat: ), but I wouldn't use my gun unless the thief was a threat. In this story, I would say the shooter will be lucky if he is not charged unless there are other circumstances.

Edited by Batman

Well, knowing I keep a gun in the truck, I would have to assume he had my spare gun and was a danger to everyone around me. If he has my keys, he has the means to get to my sub-2000 and 6 15 round mags full of 40s&w jhp. That to me is my justification to attempt to stop him from becoming armed with my gun.

• Like 1

+1 on the vibe. I think it's all the homeless people. I have been there between 3 and 5 am and there are people sleeping on the benches and have seen people sleeping in folding chairs in the camping section. I asked a cashier about she said they are fine as long as they don't start begging or bothering shoppers. Last time I was there was November so it may be different now.

plus one. this wal mart is a war zone, day or night. i can see it from my office window. when they were building it i had high hope that it would not turn into @#$%. but it did. i would go on, but i want. don't want to seem to be on the wrong side of the "pc" police.

Well, knowing I keep a gun in the truck, I would have to assume he had my spare gun and was a danger to everyone around me. If he has my keys, he has the means to get to my sub-2000 and 6 15 round mags full of 40s&w jhp. That to me is my justification to attempt to stop him from becoming armed with my gun.

While I never keep/store a firearm in my vechicle on a regular basis there are times that I lock my work gun in the truck temporarily, especially while I am running errands and such, so anyone stealing my truck during one of those times has to be considered "armed" as I would have no way of knowing if they had discovered the firearm that was locked in the truck at that point or not.

Maybe we should pass legislation making it unlawful to steal stuff? That would solve this potential problem all together.

Maybe we should pass legislation making it unlawful to steal stuff? That would solve this potential problem all together.

Personally, I'd like to see Tennessee adopt Texas style legislation making it perfectly legal to use deadly force to protect property.

• 2 weeks later...

without looking did anyone see that the truck was found, because a neighbor of the crooks saw the bullet holes and had it checked out?

So the crooks found, truck recovered, and shooter let off with hopefully a stern yelling at, I love a happy ending.

I am all for defending my property...but if someone wants to take my truck and steal it in a walmart parking lot..go for.it..Inam not going to go to jail or risk shooting someone by accident in a occupied.parking lot..They can have my truck..thats what i got insurance for....Now..on my own property..different story..they need.to come down a long driveway..If they makenit that far..

Yep, not in a crowded public place like that, that's irresponsible, now on my own land that's another story because i'm secluded enough where no one else but me and the perp will know what happened. If some POS is breaking into my tool shed I wont just start shooting but I will confront them with gun in hand, I think Tennessee's Castle Doctrin allows that, then it's up to the POS perp how he wants the confrontation to end.