Sig Sauer 716

Major Kong

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy at work just got one...I will ask him his impressions tomorrow.

As for talking you out of it, I will only say If you can swing approximately another grand, look at the SCAR 17. The magazine shortage is resolved. They are readily available.

Having said that, I would have been looking at the Sig too if the SCAR weren't on the market. I was an M1A shooter for years, but as much as I love them, the AR10 or SCAR gives you a lot more options.

I really like the options the 901 gives you, and I LOVE seeing technology develope. To me though, assuming I have another AR15, I don't see what the appeal of swapping uppers just to do with it what I can already do with my current AR15 is. I'd rather just carry two rifles to the range as opposed to one rifle and one upper. And if the defication collides with the rotating blade, I'd rather hand a buddy my extra rifle, instead of an extra upper.

I guess what I am saying is that anytime I have had a spare upper laying around, another lower has soon entered the equation.

YMMV!

Edited by atlas3025

very very good point atlas ...

I'll likely never switch uppers, and keep it a .308, but the option IS there :)

From all the reviews I've seen on the 716, its a great long gun. If I were just to spend that type of money on any type of AR platform, I'd prefer Colt over Sig :)

As I first reported, I have a buddy that just got one, and I just spoke to him about it. He LOVES it. He only has run about 50 rounds through it, but no trouble, and with winchester soft tips was shooting 1.5 or better at 100. He was sighting the gun in, and not trying for super tight groups, but is very impressed. I suspect it will be close to an MOA gun with quality ammo.

I've been thinking about one too. Get one and let us know how they are. My pusher has a black and an OD green one for $1769. You found them any cheaper?

Palmetto State has them for $1799 with free shipping right now. Would be $1829 out the door after transfer and background. Bill's Outpost had a couple in stock and I'd rather buy from them, but they were at $1899.

Guest The Dude

i go to bills as well, and has since he opened. he's a cool cat. thats where i finger banged one at. it seemed to have smooth action all around. havent shot the 716 yet, but i did get to shoot the 516. very smooth runner. i wouldnt think that the 716 would be any different. Sig does make a good rifle. Plus i like the piston vs. DI action. i dont know if the colt will offer anything more than the Sig does for the slight increase in price.