So I did it.

Backon4

I picked up a hi-point c9 for a bill at the local gun store. It's rough and ugly and when in doubt could be used as boat anchor but I had been wanting one to beat up on. So I took it out today. Grabbed a handful of some starfire and box of federal fmj. Put the target out at 7 yards and was shooting a 8.5 x 11 that I printed. Ended up shooting 74 total and not one hiccup. Shot amazingly well. The back sight is jacked up, it looks like it was run over, there are some rusted parts and some big scratches but it still shoots. I plan on beating the hell out of this thing but after round one all I can think of is I want the carbine now. Decisions decisions.

Have to agree. I'd like to run up on one of the carbines as well.

Highpoints in general are known for three things. One...they are big and butt ugly. Two...most seem to shoot and function very well. And three, their warranty and customer service has been awesome.

I got a C9 in deal several years back and had a few feed issues with it. Called them up and just asked a few questions. They quickly volunteered to work on it for me. I sent it out on a Monday morning and got it back Tuesday of the following week. The pistol had a new trigger assembly and barrel along with another mag. Everything worked fine.

Maybe I should've kept it.

You could sure spend more on a pistol that is far worse than these.

I have one. It serves as a gun of opportunity in my humidor against foes. After 400 rounds and zero malfunctions, I am on the hunt for another one in the $100 range. I am impressed for the price.

Edited by Xring04

I saw a video of a torture test on one of these on Youtube. It held up very well until they blew it up on purpose. Also, Nutnfancy had something on it and he spoke pretty highly about it being good, considering it wasn't intended to be anything more than a down and dirty reliable gun. Made me want one just to have around.

That was a pretty impressive video! I've never owned a pistol, but I have owned the 9mm carbine and it was a fun rifle to shoot., but only with HP magazines. I never had much luck with the after market mags. Plenty accurate too, minute of man at 100 yards, no problem. That would be all I asked of it. They are a PITA to breakdown, but as OS once said, "It's a High Point, why bother to clean it.".

Edited by Moped