zombies and electricity

Guest ochretoe

Guest ochretoe

I have never seen electricity used on zombies. Would high voltage kill them again? If the virus or whatever is in the brain and the brain needs to be damaged electricity should work. Fry the brain stem drop the zombie.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Dead Island (video game), electricity was used very effectively. Not so much by taser but by herding them into shallow water and then electrifying it. I really don't know if this is a real-world solution...I wonder if Myth Busters has covered this.

Also, it's not going to be voltage that does the trick. You can withstand pretty much any voltage. Non lethal stun batons are up around a million volts now.

Amperage is where it's at. Hit ANYTHING with as little as a few hundred volts but with a high amperage and you will boil the fluids out of the body and char the flesh down to charcoal. If one could generate about 500 volts at about a thousand amps......walker problem solved.

Hmmm, a gigantic Tesla coil that would ground out on the walkers in a given spot........that would be frickin' cool!

Winner.

When eliminating zeds, entertainment factor cannot be overlooked. Survivor moral is ever important.

Mmmm... it takes less than 1 amp to kill a live person. I do not know the math formula to figure out how much amerage it would take to fry a zombie. Reasin stands that if they are made crispy enough they would just fall apart when trying to walk away. :)

Mmmm... it takes less than 1 amp to kill a live person. I do not know the math formula to figure out how much amerage it would take to fry a zombie. Reasin stands that if they are made crispy enough they would just fall apart when trying to walk away. :)

Yep, 1 amp will kill any one of us. Add 999 more just for good measure. Can't be too careful with walkers.

...............oh sweet Jesus.......the smell :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I guess the question would be whether it is a "Virus" zombie or an "undead" zombie. For an undead zombie, the flesh is dry and falling apart/decaying as is. My guess is due to lack of fluids they would not be able to conduct electricity to fry themselves. For the virus type zombie I would assume it would be a pretty effective method.