Enough is enough

daddyo

I will add this, the lines are a lot quicker now with the body scanners. I would say it is about as quick as one would expect it to be if we went back to the pre-9/11 system where you emptied your pockets and went through the metal detector. However, I am still not cool with the system where you have some mouth breather looking at people's nude projections all day long. I mean, I don't care if they're looking at my junk, but women should be allowed their modesty and I don't believe the body scanners allow for that. The alternative is to be felt up by some TSA chick, which is also intrusive.... so, thumbs down TSA. We really don't need it.

I think there's a reason the Israeli airport security system hasn't failed in 40 years. Like someone else said...profiling. It's a tool, not a form of racism. We are too politcally correct here for that, so we strip search kids and old ladies to prove we're not Islamaphobic.

The Israelis have no aversion to keeping suspects' luggage for 3 days, because they seemed suspicious. They have no problem pulling somebody that acts oddly aside to interrogate them. They don't care if you're offended and they don't cower at accusations of racism.

But they key to this being successful is you can't do it to everyone...just the potential threats, which they clearly have a keen eye for.

I think there's a reason the Israeli airport security system hasn't failed in 40 years. Like someone else said...profiling. It's a tool, not a form of racism. We are too politcally correct here for that, so we strip search kids and old ladies to prove we're not Islamaphobic.

The Israelis have no aversion to keeping suspects' luggage for 3 days, because they seemed suspicious. They have no problem pulling somebody that acts oddly aside to interrogate them. They don't care if you're offended and they don't cower at accusations of racism.

But they key to this being successful is you can't do it to everyone...just the potential threats, which they clearly have a keen eye for.

If we gave a damn about anything other than political correctness, we might be a lot safer. You said it well.

My son's friend works at a local airport, and says they take trashcans full of confiscated stuff and put them in the dumpster every day. Mostly bottles with liquids, but often times there are knives or tools that passengers have forgotten to stow in their checked luggage or are unfamiliar with the rules.

There are no options for keeping your stuff, short of forfeiting your ticket and walking away. I got to thinking about it, and it occurred to me that the post office sells those "If it fits, it ships" boxes for $5, $10, $15. How much trouble would it be for the TSA to have these boxes available for purchase at the check-in areas? You could put your item in the box, put your home address on it and hand it to the TSA agent to drop in the mail. Seems like a simple thing to do that would go a long way toward making passengers a little happier. I would gladly spend the $5 to ship my $80 knife back home, rather than see them toss it in the trash can.

• Administrator

I would gladly spend the $5 to ship my $80 knife back home, rather than see them toss it in the trash can.

Or... people could think ahead and empty their pockets and luggage of things they know will be confiscated before going to the airport. It still dumbfounds me that people get in trouble for trying to carry knives and even firearms through the screening areas because they didn't ####ing think about what they were carrying. These regulations aren't new.

I agree 100% about the need for profiling but race has nothing to do with it. The Israelis aren't looking for race, they're looking for mannerisms that don't fit the circumstances. They're looking for body language that's out of place.

The crappy part is that our government KNOWS this. They've been warned by the Iraelis themselves. Money and power drives the TSA. Bottom line.

Profiling is profiling and is a tool the the Israelis use effectively, yet the US shuns because of the race

baiters. the race baiters need to go. Profiling is automatically differentiating between lots of things, including race.

Don't allow limitations to a useful tool because of political correctness.

...I got to thinking about it, and it occurred to me that the post office sells those "If it fits, it ships" boxes for $5, $10, $15. How much trouble would it be for the TSA to have these boxes available for purchase at the check-in areas? You could put your item in the box, put your home address on it and hand it to the TSA agent to drop in the mail. Seems like a simple thing to do that would go a long way toward making passengers a little happier. I would gladly spend the $5 to ship my $80 knife back home, rather than see them toss it in the trash can.

God knows the USPS could use the revenue too!

Profiling is profiling and is a tool the the Israelis use effectively, yet the US shuns because of the race

baiters. the race baiters need to go. Profiling is automatically differentiating between lots of things, including race.

Don't allow limitations to a useful tool because of political correctness.

Please don't misunderstand me. P.C. BS needs to disappear from the security conversation 100%.

My point was simply that Iraelis don't have that issue and unfortunately we do.

The reason we have that issue is that politicians in this country are cowards when it comes to issues like this.

They will cower to the ACLU, Jesse and AL, the Southern Poverty Law Center and the rest of the troublemakers.

When someone stands up to the liberal BS political correctness, and start calling things what they are, we might

come closer to sanity. Political Correctness has infected this forum bad enough. Imagine how bad it is nationally.

You are right that Israel runs on a different set of rules.

PC BS needs to be removed from the entire conversation in order to have an intelligent conversation. It's funny enough

listening to a news anchor saying African-American when black would simply do, but go ahead and call me a racist for

using that as an example. I really don't care anymore.

Political correctness is not free speech. It is concocted crap speech.

Or... people could think ahead and empty their pockets and luggage of things they know will be confiscated before going to the airport. It still dumbfounds me that people get in trouble for trying to carry knives and even firearms through the screening areas because they didn't ####ing think about what they were carrying. These regulations aren't new.

This....

Why is it the TSA's fault that some dumb dumb left his pocketknife in his carry on... Honestly... There are only 1,000,000,000 signs at every airport reminding you that you CANT HAVE WEAPONS ON AN AIRPLANE!!

Oh, and on the Alex Jones video.. First off... Alex Jones is a moron...

Secondly, they can deny you boarding for anything they want to pretty much... And I don't see TSA people sniffing out passengers to kick off airplanes...

I can attempt to make it idiot proof:

If you act like a human being, you won't be denied boarding...

If you act like a dumb dumb... You'll be driving your big ass back to the house... Minus your fare that you paid and is not reimburseable...

Edited by G23FM

This....

Why is it the TSA's fault that some dumb dumb left his pocketknife in his carry on... Honestly... There are only 1,000,000,000 signs at every airport reminding you that you CANT HAVE WEAPONS ON AN AIRPLANE!!

Oh, and on the Alex Jones video.. First off... Alex Jones is a moron...

Secondly, they can deny you boarding for anything they want to pretty much... And I don't see TSA people sniffing out passengers to kick off airplanes...

I can attempt to make it idiot proof:

If you act like a human being, you won't be denied boarding...

If you act like a dumb dumb... You'll be driving your big ass back to the house... Minus your fare that you paid and is not reimburseable...

The root cause was a perception for a need to completely overhaul and put in place a governmental agency(new one) to oversee airline safety. Create another police force, in other words, for airports. Was that necessary? Argue about it til the cows come home, but I don't think so. With their track record, I don't really see how anyone could "feel" safer with the delays and the abuses, but whatever you want to think, go ahead. Tyranny is what that famous quote "Those who are willing to give a little liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" is about. Tyranny comes in bland packages some times and can be very deceiving if you're not looking. It ain't a time to let your feelings be your guide.

When you have so many alphabet police agencies in the federal government, who do you think they are protecting? Do you really think it is you, or your loved one?

Laws incriminate people by design. Laws have to be based on justice, not tyranny. We have too many laws that are nothing but tyranny and incriminate us to keep us from doing things that have no basis in justice. Don't let a fleeting moment of thinking security is there when nothing is to be gained from a particular law. Patriot Act and laws like it only restrict us, not criminals, but it certainly made a lot of us criminals. Filled the lake with more fish for their hooks to snag.

The same argument applies to my ability to own a machine gun. I have to pay an enormous price and pay a tax for a privilege of owning such to the federal government, when the 2nd Amendment already covers firearms. Yet, someone a long time ago, decided I was not fit to do so without the government's blessing? That's tyranny, but some are willing to play that game and allow the passage to close up the available pool by restricting ownership of certain devices made after a certain date. That set of laws tells you, as an American citizen, you are not as sovereign as you think, and are subject to being "ruled by a dictator" at the point of a gun.

When the government has the ability to outgun you, you gave up some of that "liberty" for supposed "security", also. Replace the word "security" with "prison" eventually.

Does that make you feel secure?

Edited by 6.8 AR