Bersa Thunder .380, it's a keeper

Guest earlybird

Guest earlybird

So I was looking for a CZ-82 (still am...) but saw the Bersa posted for sale by a local member. I thought about it for a week or so and the price dropped. So i picked it up. And I am very satisfied with it. So is the wife - THANK GOD. It has a low round count and very clean. A good buy, looks good in the case next to my EZ9. Hopefully I don't have to move it next to the Luger's (unused, collector section) in the safe.

No pictures of it, but it looks like every other Bersa Thunder .380 duo tone ;)

She was pissed about me picking it up and immediately fell in love with it. Fits her hand perfectly and has enough "pop" to keep her interested for a few hours at the range without getting fatigued. She originally wanted a S&W .38 special but the trigger pull was too much for her, she's left handed, and so was the hammer pull for s/a. She would only shoot a few rounds then get bored. She hates my EZ9 as it is too big for her hands and too much recoil or whatever, I don't even use +P's in it. Ehh, thankfully the Bersa worked out.

Only thing I can not stomach about the Bersa is the cost of .380 auto. Yeesh. Forgot how high it was when I had the Walther PK380. I'll be buying it in bulk of cheaper than dirt from now on.

I always forget about these guns when shopping for a smaller gun. It's small enough for me to carry and big enough for her to enjoy it. I recommend at least shooting one if you haven't. She didn't care for the Walther PK380 I had, but says this one is almost perfect. Glad I didn't pass this one up.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are very good guns, and under-rated IMHO. Its a lot like my makarov in every way that counts, which is one of my favorite hanguns, top 5 and I would have to think about it for a while to see if it makes #1 (would be close).

For those that complain about 380 cost but like the gun, makarov is same as 9mm in price :) And both mak and 380 reload for under $4 a box.

Edited by Jonnin

I have wanted a Bersa for some time. Haven't bought one, yet, but have wanted one. I really like their 380 cc. It is designed for concealed carry and is pretty much a 'dehorned' version of their regular 380. It feels really good in my hands. The biggest reason I don't have one is that I already own a couple of small .380 pistols that I like and don't really have a use for another.

My wife also has a Bersa .380. She handled a lot of guns but only the Bersa felt right in her hands. My favorite thing is the reliability. Based on the price point you would think "cheap" but its really not. So far it has been malfunction-free which is all you hope for in a self-defense handgun.