How old do have to be before you stop doing...

jtmaze

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it's just stitches, and not further damage. Probably time to invest in a leatherman (or similar). Knife and screwdriver (and other stuff), at the ready. No reason to use the wrong tool. ;)

One more question... Is the blade ok? When I did this with my buck folding knife, the tip sheared off forming a perfect screwdriver!

632cbc07-c3c5-83d3.jpg

Hahah, there is no age, I was using my Kershaw for a pry bar,and mine is a slight boo boo compared to yours . I get what I deserve for using a Kershaw for a pry bar ,lol. Mine has healed about 4 days.

Edited by jeepbus

I've got an identical scar on the same finger just above the middle knuckle. Been pretty lucky the last few years but even as I type this I know I'll get bit again one of these days.

I can't help but laugh looking at most of my scars. Reminders of childhood stupidity.

Guest cardcutter

All of life's lessons are paid for in blood! Your's or somebody else's, but somebody had to pay for being the first to do anything.

Hopefully we learn from their mistakes.If not ,we bleed again.

I prefer to watch others do the bleeding.

You just have to ask yourself " can I bleed doing this?"

If the answer is yes , then DON'T DO IT!

Edited by cardcutter
Guest Grubbah

Been there - done that. couldnt find my broadhead wrench one day so I tried to remove it without using the wrench. something I've done dozens of times with no ill effects. Well, not that time, I slipped. 9 stitches later across two fingers and I figured that it would have been quicker just to find the proper tool.

...I just didn't want to scar the wood with a pry bar.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

Makes sense. After all, your scars can heal. Scars on a piece of wood won't. (Just tryin' to help you out with a little justification there.)

• 1 month later...

He did it again! And with the same knife too! This time opening a shotgun shell so I could see what's inside. No stitches required this time. Even thought hmm, I've gotta be extra careful…

Sent from my iPhone way back in the woods…