EAST Tenn. TGO members interested in a ______ get together?

Guest LiLBucket

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
.22 update:

Talked to her dad who has had it since the move from Michigan, he says he has since taken it out and sighted in the scope and that it is quite accurate. I'm actually looking forward to shooting it myself :P.

Cool deal. Sounds like your ready to go then.

My wife has dropped out. This really isn't her cup of tea, and since we're going to be gone pretty much all day (Gun show, lunch, range), she won't be to happy by the end of the evening and will be ready to go home.:D So I talked with her about it and she is going to sit this one out.

Phantom6, still waiting on your response. Come on big guy, let us know what all we need to prepare for.....thanks

Guest Phantom6

I was hoping not to have to do this but we are going to have to move the shoot portion of Saturday’s activities to the range at Norris, TN which is located just east of Clinton. A fellow that works for the land owner that I lease the land from was doing some tractor work for us on the road up to the range and as it turns out he was drunk last Friday and tore up the road, the drains and a portion of the range itself. :up::mad:

It was my intention to get the mess cleaned up and have y’all out there this weekend but due the rain last weekend and the torn up drainage system along the road I ended up getting a 3 ton dump truck loaded with 7.5 tons of gravel stuck on the road. It actually partially slid off the road and up against some trees. Six trees, a ruptured fuel tank (mis-judged the height of a stump that I left :( ) and three days later I finally got the truck unstuck and moved off the road yesterday. Now the road looks like a tank course at the US Army Armor School at Fort Knox and I will not have the mess cleaned up so as to access the range by Saturday.

Here’s a photo of the range at Norris. Through the trees on the left is the pistol area. Good high berms. One of the best kept secrets in the county actually.

RangePhoto.jpg

Norris Range Directions

From Big Ed’s

15 min. from Oak Ridge

• East on Oak Ridge Turnpike (Hwy. 95)
  • Just East of Oak Ridge 95 turns into Hwy. 61
  • Continue East on Hwy. 61 through Clinton
  • Cross over I-75 and go to the intersection of Hwy. 61, Norris Rd. and US 441 (2nd light after Interstate).
  • Turn Left on Norris Rd.

• Go North on Norris Road
  • At the circle just south of the Middle School bear Right and travel on Circle Rd. past front of Norris Middle School.
  • Directly ahead of you, you will see the Norris Fire Department/Police Department. You must stop there, fill out a range waiver and pay a fee of $10.00 each. You will not need to pay the $1.00 deposit for a range key as I have one.
  • Left out of PD parking lot on Reservoir Rd

• Pass Elementary School on your right.
  • At Red Hill Road turn left
  • Go 25 yds. & turn left on Upper Clear Creek Rd. This will turn to gravel after about 500 yds. Continue on Upper Clear Creek for about ¾ mile + or – and look for Range sign on your right.

---------------------------------------------

Boomhower wrote:

Phantom6, still waiting on your response. Come on big guy, let us know what all we need to prepare for.....thanks

Sorry. Between trying to dig the damn truck out and two groups of shooters to qualify this week I've neglected this thread. The range itself has target stands complete with target backers. I will also bring 8 target stands complete with target backers and a bunch of B27 targets.

I will provide my cell number to everyone at Big Ed's so that if anyone gets turned around getting to the range you can call and I can talk you in.

Sorry for the change in plans on the range. See everyone at Big Ed's at 1200 then, eh?

Guest Boomhower
Sorry. Between trying to dig the damn truck out and two groups of shooters to qualify this week I've neglected this thread. The range itself has target stands complete with target backers. I will also bring 8 target stands complete with target backers and a bunch of B27 targets.

I will provide my cell number to everyone at Big Ed's so that if anyone gets turned around getting to the range you can call and I can talk you in.

Sorry for the change in plans on the range. See everyone at Big Ed's at 1200 then, eh?

Not a problem. Hope I didn't sound pushy. Wasn't meaning to. As for moving the range, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm just looking forward to meeting you guys and shooting some. I was looking forward to this new range, but maybe another time. The one in Norris will be closer for me anyways, and finding out where it is will be great:) . I'll see most of you at Big Ed's at 12!!

Guest Boomhower

Hey guys....I just ran across this information. Hope it's not to late and we are still able to shoot. I'll try to remember this while we're at lunch tomorrow in case some of you don't get back here to read this before then.

Norris Watershed Rifle Range

Permits issued at Norris Police Station Only

494-6468

$5/day $20 annual$10/day, $25/yr (each person)

40yd pistol range with 2 benches in covered area.

50, 125, 225 yd open range with 6 benches in covered area.

Not Automatic Weapons allowed. Open all year except when Quota deer hunts are going on. Closed Thursday from 9am-11am for cleanup.

Dir.

I-75 exit 122. Turn east towards Norris Dam State Park. Go to the Red light just past the turn for the Dam and make a left. Go approx 1 mile, you'll see the middle school on the left and the police station up in front of you.

Sorry I can't make the festivities tomorrow. I have met Macho some time ago and Towerclimber today over lunch. (He bought! :devil: )

Both are good folks.

Y'all have fun!

Mars, it was my pleasure to buy! It was worth it just to talk to ya....not to give you a big head or anything :up:

I hope that when I'm back home the next time we can go shooting.

then again...I've got my eye on that consignment '91 over at mikes...its just that I have a kimber, another m1a2 and 2 pistols to buy before I MIGHT be able to talk Julie into letting me get it.

:up:

*sigh*....I REALLY do only want one of each.

Guest LiLBucket

Yeppers!! Sounds good to me!

Thanks Phantom for all your hard work, time, and input!!

I plan to be there right at 1200 myself. Look forward!

Mars, it was my pleasure to buy! It was worth it just to talk to ya....not to give you a big head or anything :D

I can understand your pleasure. :D :D

I've got my eye on that consignment '91 over at mikes...its just that I have a kimber, another m1a2 and 2 pistols to buy before I MIGHT be able to talk Julie into letting me get it.

Just tell her you found a gun your really want and will have to postpone the wedding for a couple of months. Believe me, she will understand and love you for it. <diving for bunker>

Awesome shoot today and it was great meeting you guys. I especially liked getting to touch everyone's gun. :D

;):lol::D

Yeah I had a great time as well, as did Ashley. If this becomes a monthly thing we will definitely do our best to be there. Thanks again for lunch tower, let me know if I can make it up to you.

Guest Boomhower
:D:lol::lol:

Yeah I had a great time as well, as did Ashley. If this becomes a monthly thing we will definitely do our best to be there. Thanks again for lunch tower, let me know if I can make it up to you.

You already did.....He touched your guns....:D:lol:;)

I had a great time as well. It was nice meeting everyone, and I hope to again, soon, or else I will forget everyone's names....:eek:

Guest LiLBucket

Awsome time had by me as well!! All this talk about touching everyone's guns................. makes me want to do it again!! HAHA

Thanks again everyone for being so generous!!

I think EVERYONE touched my guns!!! I feel so violated! ;)

Nah!!!

it was Fun! I had a great time...

I think between just myself and Boomhower we shot over 200 rounds of 9mm....I think I shot perhaps 50-60 rounds of 22, 60 rounds of russian 9mm (thats all I could find to bring) and we shot the only 10 shells I had for the thunder5...

I shot perhaps 75 rounds of 8mm...thats all my shoulder could stand...

and I KNOW that between ALL the guys (and ashely) we shot about 100 rounds through the m1a2.

Today and late last night were all cleaning time....I STILL have 3 pistols to clean!

hmhmhmh next time I'm bringing just 1 rifle and 2 pistols...

:D

Boomhower, Thanks for being such good company on the trip to norris range..and thanks for driving man!

If anybody wants pics you can either ask Tungsten or you can drop me a pm with your email :D

Guest Boomhower
I think between just myself and Boomhower we shot over 200 rounds of 9mm.

We shoot a little more than that. The 100 rds. I brought were gone pretty quick. Thanks for letting me dip into yours.

60 rounds of russian 9mm

Man that thing kicked. Good shot though.

Boomhower, Thanks for being such good company on the trip to norris range..and thanks for driving man!

If anybody wants pics you can either ask Tungsten or you can drop me a pm with your email ;)

Not a problem. I enjoyed the company just as much as you did. Looking forward to the next time, and I don't blame you on limiting your guns. That would be a lot to clean up, but thanks again for sharing.

And thank eveyone for sharing. I'm glad I got to shoot several different types of guns. Makes me feel a little better about some future purchases....And tower, if you ever want to get rid of that BHP:eek: , let me know. I can find a good home for it....:D :D

We shoot a little more than that. The 100 rds. I brought were gone pretty quick. Thanks for letting me dip into yours.

NOT a problem! I enjoyed the shoot...I learned a few things from mike, and from you, while watching you shoot!

:D

Man that thing kicked. Good shot though.

Yep..its a nice little pistol..I didn't expect to hit anything with it at 50 yards...but out of 7 rounds, I managed to get 2 into our "plate" targets...

And thank eveyone for sharing. Ditto! I really enjoyed it!

Dotsun, let me know how that ar works out will ya?

..And tower, if you ever want to get rid of that BHP:eek: , let me know. I can find a good home for it....;):D

ditto for your ruger..thats a NICE little 22!

10 rounds at 50 yards..all 10 in the plate. NOT too shabby!

Guest Phantom6

Well, I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all. I enjoyed meeting all you fine folks and look forward to seeing y'all out on a range again.

Towerclimber, next time I fire one of those little .45 LC/ .410's I'm gonna step up a little closer to the target stand. ;) Two of those little balls center on the target and the third dead center through the side of the target stand destroying it. dope.gif

Also, that was one sweet shootin' M1. sniper.gif

Couldn't have asked for a better day. Thanks to all. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Boomhower

Alright guys. It's getting time for the next go round. Dates are starting to fill up for me, but I'm keeping the 3rd Sat. of my schedule open for now. That's the 19th. Tower and I were talking the other night about having this one up on his brothers place. I think he had some things he wanted to do first, but I'd like to see what every elses thoughts are before he goes through all the trouble.

Myself personally, I'd like to go up to the tri-cities area this time. There's a bunch of you other guys on here that I'd like to meet, that couldn't make the last one. I don't care a bit to drive, and would be more than willing to car pool with the guys from Knoxville area that would like to go. Give us your thoughts, please......

Towerclimber, next time I fire one of those little .45 LC/ .410's I'm gonna step up a little closer to the target stand. :D Two of those little balls center on the target and the third dead center through the side of the target stand destroying it. dope.gif

Also, that was one sweet shootin' M1. sniper.gif

Couldn't have asked for a better day. Thanks to all. :cool:

Mike, I enjoyed it immensely as well!

thanks for letting me shoot your .38!

I LIKE that pistol.

The M1 IS a sweet rifle...My brother tuned it up, and its match grade.

The next time you shoot the thunder5 I'll have some long colt ammo..not OOO buckshot.;)