AR Barrel Profile?

Oh Shoot

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware MILES was still being used, are manufactueres really continuing to producing the barrels for something that was so circa 1980? lol

Well it's been more than a decade since I've touched MILES gear, and I would assume they would have new stuff by now, or at least a better version. I still remember using the bulletproof bush for cover and turning my M16 into an infinite ammo M60 by smacking the top of the MIILES on my rifle.

I would open the programming cover then short the "D" or "E" terminal using a piece of comm wire on the M60 MILES setup. I would touch the other end of the comm wire to the weapon. This grounded it, turning the beam on constantly. And because it was a constant beam you could see it easier through NV. I would just wave the beam back and forth across a group.

This made "killing" an entire platoon or convoy pretty easy especially considering not a single shot would have be fired from the gun. It was always pretty hilarious hearing the MILES of 25+ people go off in conjunction with each other. Or watching them all look around at each other with a WTF look. But the funniest part was watching the procession of "dead" soldiers head to HQ to get keyed.

Dolomite

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.