SBR Questions

Guest twpayne75

Yes, I have done the same thing as well.

Just cut the top off the iron sight then clean it up with a file or die grinder.

Dolomite

Done it many times as well. I hate trying to get a gas block lined back up with the gas port. And besides, this way saves about $30.:

STAGCOMP016.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda on this topic as well. ive got a 9mm ar pistol ive built. ive been considering doing SBR on it. being that its already built...what are the steps i have to take?

Download this form and fill it out:

http://www.atf.gov/f...tf-f-5320-1.pdf

After filling it out have your local sheriff or Chief Law Enforcement Officer sign it on the back. After signing make a few copies, one for the ATF and one for you.

Have passport photos taken and attach one to the original form as well as a copy of the Form 1. I stapled mine in place and also wrote my Name, DOB and SSN on the reverse of the photo.

Either find a local Class III dealer for the correct figerprint cards or contact the ATF to get the correct fingerprint cards. Take those fingerprint cards to the same office that is signing the Form 1 and ask to have them fingerprint you. You need two sets done. They need to have a specific ORI number for the ATF and you must use the ATF's fingerprint cards.

You must also fill out one of these as well. It is a recent change to the process:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf

Then you put your two Form 1's, copy and original; two sets of completed fingerprint cards, Certificate of Compliance and a $200 check in and envelope. Mail the packet to the ATF then wait approximately 6 months for your paperwork to come back. You can call about a month after your check is cashed and check on the status. It will be pending or they will have no clue on the status. Calling doesn't affect the time it takes because you are talking to secretaries, not the examiners themselves. This can also clue you in to any problems.

After, and only after, you paperwork comes back stamped you can remove the pistol stock and attach a rifle stock. Do not have a spare rifle stock unless you have a receiver or completed gun that is a rifle.

For the reason I put "For any lawful purpose". The rest is easy. For the barrel length use the abrrel length you have now. DO NOT put multi otherwise it may get kicked back.

Dolomite