Jews burning books? sorta ironic, isn't it?

Rabbi, Not to be a smart ass but could you explain this one a little?

Does that mean the animal was alive when the limb was removed? Kind of like eating lobster, or eating an animal period?

Yes, the animal was alive, the limb removed from it and eaten. I've heard of people doing that but it's pretty uncommon.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chas v'shalom.

I never understood the whole "only they are going to Heaven and those others are in for eternal damnation" bit. That sure isnt a Jewish idea. For anyone interested look up "7 Noachide laws" and that should give you some answers.

Thank you for the reference.

I don't want to come across as antagonistic, but number three states that you should not worship false gods. In your opinion, is jesus not a false god? I'm not trying to imply that you believe anyone that is not an orthodox jew cannot get into heaven, but I think that the definition of "false god" is really the crux of the matter. Is buddha a false god? Or Mohammed, or Vishnu?

I don't want to come across as antagonistic, but number three states that you should not worship false gods. In your opinion, is jesus not a false god? I'm not trying to imply that you believe anyone that is not an orthodox jew cannot get into heaven, but I think that the definition of "false god" is really the crux of the matter. Is buddha a false god? Or Mohammed, or Vishnu?

Mohammed was and is considered a prophet not a God.Likewise the enlightened Prince Sadarta became the Buddha. Buddha means "enlightened one". Now Vishnu is a God the supreme ruler of all(9000+) Hindu Gods.

Not antagonistic at all.

The Christian idea of the three part god is considered to be idolatry for a Jew but not for a non-Jew.

Muslims worship the same god we do. In fact the two religions are extremely close. I've had occasion to talk to a religious Muslim and the more we compare notes the closer it looks.

The Christian idea of the three part god is considered to be idolatry for a Jew but not for a non-Jew.

Thanks, that helps me understand a little better. So christians can still get into heaven, according to your belief?

Hmmm...if the Jews want to burn Bibles, I think it's their business. However, I think it's lousy PR, since they get their F-16s and M-16s and untold $$$ from a country that, for the most part, highly respects the Bible. Lots of folks blame Israel for our problems with Muslim terrorists, and burning Bibles probably just adds fuel to the fire.

:rolleyes:

BTW, my favorite Jew is Sacha Cohen. Sorry Rabbi, but this guy is a hoot.

Edited by deerslayer
Thanks, that helps me understand a little better. So christians can still get into heaven, according to your belief?

Heaven (whatever that is) isn't the exclusive property of Jews. Jews want one of two things from non-Jews: either join with us 100% (as Ruth said to Naomi) or leave us alone. Either one is fine.

Guest canynracer

Well, I for one have actually learned a lot reading this thread! I was raised Catholic/Jewish...my stepfather (Dad, because I never met my biological father) is Jewish, I lit the Menorah (sp?) for Channukka (sp?) and said the prayer while lighting it...and I also had a Christmas...

but, I have always been confused about some stuff. I am lost when it comes to this stuff, which is hard because as the "leader" of my family, I make sure we go to church, and I sit through, but I dont always agree (on the inside) with what is being preached...I do not force religion on my kids or my family, if nobody feels like going to church on Sunday, we make sure we stay home, and make it a family day....

but for myself, I just feel lost...LOL...so like I said, I have learned some stuff here...