Libia (Spanish) Browning Vest Pocket copy

Tennjed

Local shop has a little 25 Browing Vest Pocket copy/clone. It is a Spanish model called Libia. They will let me have it for $75 OTD.

I have a soft spot in my heart for small guns and European guns. At this price I am not expecting much in the quality department, but for that price I am interested "just because". Shop has an inhouse smith that guarantees it works. The finish on it is maybe 75%.

Can't seem to find much on the web about this. Does anyone have any more info on it. Is it at least a higher quality gun that a Jennings or Lorcin? Is that a reasonable price for what seems like an interesting gun?

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like it buy it. $75 is chump change in the gun world. Based on your public inventory list you already know this :ugh: If it works you have a bargin. If it fails stick it in the safe and forget about it. You will be able to sale it to a collector in 10-15 years for double your money.

Edited by Parrothead

If you like it buy it. $75 is chump change in the gun world. Based on your public inventory list you already know this :ugh: If it works you have a bargin. If it fails stick it in the safe and forget about it. You will be able to sale it to a collector in 10-15 years for double your money.

You are right for $75 what could it hurt. I got it and brought it home last night and cleaned it up some. I already had a bottle of Kleen-Bore Black Magic cold blue so I did a home reblue job on it. Here are the before and after pics. It is not as pretty as a Colt Royal Blue but I think it came out nice. I reload everything I shoot (except .22lr of course) so I stopped by today and picked up a box of Blazer 25 ammo. I was considering reloading for this also (maybe pick up another cheap 25 gun to justify reloading it) but my goodness is this a small bullet. I am not sure I will reload for it. If anyone does give me the rundown on it. Either way it should be fun to shoot this one and see how it works

7861052476_2d3ffa51d5.jpg

7861053790_7692bb8bef.jpg

7861066326_4a804ec052.jpg

7861055130_92c3a4819d_z.jpg