Lance Armstrong Banned for Life and Stripped of Titles

If Armstrong and his team doped, I don't believe he/they were the only ones. This is an American organization going after him, so it's not just the frog-eating Frenchies whining...this time. LOL.

If the USADA had authority to test other countries' athletes, I wonder if they'd find similar results. I'm not saying that makes it right to cheat. I'm just saying if doping is as widespread as it appears to be, why just him?

Didn't they test him repeatedly over the years? I think it's just a bunch of sour grapes from sissy Europeans.

:stir: Bunch o' jealous sissy frenchies and eurotrash pissed off having an American win "their" sport. :rant:

It's not the Europeans, nor the French, it's our own people/agency- the United States Anti-Doping Agency!

• Administrator

Or the guy is a complete A-hole that deserves what he got, and couldn't prove differently.

How does him being an ###hole (in your opinion) nullify the fact that the guy won SEVEN Tours de France? You don't have to like him, but the victories are irrefutable fact.

Guest Lester Weevils

How does him being an ###hole (in your opinion) nullify the fact that the guy won SEVEN Tours de France? You don't have to like him, but the victories are irrefutable fact.

Yeah I don't care about sports and maybe if the guy was taking dope it helped him win. But there are only a handful of people who could even get in the Tour de France. Most folks couldn't even get in the race even if they had all the dope in the world to take.

I trust that all, who are bad mouthing and slandering him. Will not accept, nor request money, from the Lance Armstrong Foundation. If a loved one, or yourself develops cancer!

As others have stated, the sport is riddled with countless doping scandals. Doping or not, 7 Tour de France wins makes him a badass in my book.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by TripleDigitRide

:stir: Bunch o' jealous sissy frenchies and eurotrash pissed off having an American win "their" sport. :rant:

We do have members here that are from Europe.

And unless you and your family have been living on a reservation and have had a BIA card for your entire life you can include yourself in that Eurotrash insult because nearly every one of us can trace ourr roots to Europe.

Either way please tone the insults down.

Dolomite

We do have members here that are from Europe.

And unless you and your family have been living on a reservation and have had a BIA card for your entire life you can include yourself in that Eurotrash insult because nearly every one of us can trace ourr roots to Europe.

Either way please tone the insults down.

Dolomite

Now I'm puzzled. Are scarcasm and humor not allowed any more?

• Like 2

Coming from a man that's been married for over 34 years, when a "man" divorces his wife after she's nursed him through cancer, (testicular, I believe), and as he's become a success, I have no respect for such a "man" in my book. Sorry if that offends someone...other than him.

Or that his wife is the one that left because she couldn't deal with his success and the pressure it caused. There are plenty of articles that talk about why she left him.

Apology accepted.

I know we have kicked members here for calling us hillbilly white trash which is offensive in the same way euro trash is offensive to some of our other members.

Think about this. Those members from abroad thought enough of the United States to come here. And then when they were looking for a great place to live they settled in Tennessee because they found out what we all already know. Then when they were looking for an online community to join they came here. So it took a lot of courage and hardships to get to even become a member here.

The last thing we want to do is insult those who thought enough of us that they came and joined our community.

Dolomite

• Like 1

USADA is not a government agency, it's a non profit that thinks it's a government agency. A

Any time you are guilty until proven innocent I have a problem.

From what I read only 2 people out of 500 or something rediculous like that came out of arbitration found innocent. So why would you hassle with it. In the end he was the best in the world at a sport 99% of the people could care less about.

Legal system run amok. Lets see tested over and over and no proof. What every happened to innocent until proven guilty? I mean even the news rightly calls people suspects in news worthy events. From CNN

The agency said it has testimony from former teammates to support the charges, though it has declined to reveal who provided the evidence.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/sport/lance-armstrong-investigation/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Kinda like turn someone else in and we won't charge you is what comes to mind. Almost a slight ring of the McCarthy hearings

• 1 month later...
Guest BungieCord

The axe is about to fall.

USADA will be publicly releasing their 'Reasoned Decision' this afternoon.

"...The evidence shows beyond any doubt that the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team ran the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen.

The evidence of the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team-run scheme is overwhelming and is in excess of 1000 pages, and includes sworn testimony from 26 people, including 15 riders with knowledge of the US Postal Service Team (USPS Team) and its participants’ doping activities. The evidence also includes direct documentary evidence including financial payments, emails, scientific data and laboratory test results that further prove the use, possession and distribution of performance enhancing drugs by Lance Armstrong and confirm the disappointing truth about the deceptive activities of the USPS Team, a team that received tens of millions of American taxpayer dollars in funding.

Together these different categories of eyewitness, documentary, first-hand, scientific, direct and circumstantial evidence reveal conclusive and undeniable proof that brings to the light of day for the first time this systemic, sustained and highly professionalized team-run doping conspiracy. All of the material will be made available later this afternoon on the USADA website at www.usada.org...."

Because it has been Pharmstrong's modus operandi to respond to their piecemeal releases of evidence with a barrage of nuisance legal actions and ad hominem attacks in the press, they will be releasing en masse the sum total of the evidence that they are forwarding to the UCI in support of their decision to strip Pharmstrong of all his titles from 1999 forward. They're laying out the dots, end-to-end, for you to connect for yourself.

One of the witnesses who testified against Pharmstrong was his long-time friend and lieutenant, George Hincappie. Hincappie released a statement today admitting he had been doping throughout his tenure as Pharmstrong's #2, which means he doubtless implicated his boss in the USPS (and Discovery) doping program.

And this probably will provoke the re-opening of the USDA/Novitzky/FLandis "Qui Tam" criminal investigation, which was closed by SF AG Andre Birotte, not for lack of evidence, but in an effort to save Ubama the embarrassment of going after an American sports "hero" during an election year.

Guest BungieCord

Who ratted on Armstrong in the first place?

His own urine.

I hate to disappoint you, because I know how much you were counting on assassinating the character of whoever I named, but his own wizz was to blame. Sorry for not rising to the bait.

But if you want to impugn the character of Lance's bodily fluids, have at it. The rest of us might find it entertaining.

So far I've found nothing but hear say, which is not evidence!

Dunno where you're looking, but it obviously isn't the right place. And eyewitness testimony is not hearsay, even in a court of law, which this wasn't.

The USADA's 200 page Reasoned Decision is here, along with the 1000 pages of supporting evidence. Knock yourself out, and be sure to let us know when you're finished.