• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WingedSnake
No metal detector = Carry

Metal detector= No Carry

:crazy:

Hehehe.... yup!

The other times when I've had to moderate my carrying is when I've found myself around kids... like at a church event, or visiting someone's house or something. I really dislike leaving my gun in my car for fear of break-in, and so I try to game plan where I'm going and where my gun is going to be when I get there as much as possible before leaving the house. (Same thing goes for my pepper-spray on my keychain... kids are drawn to keychains, and so I have to plan out how to keep kids out of my pockets or purse if the situation dictates!)

Guest RN MEDIC

Folks, if you are afraid your gun will be found in your car at work after a break in by a bad guy the get a Glock, dis assemble the thing and hide various parts throughout the car or even take the recoil spring in your pocket.

My guess is that most of the folks here who don't carry have never had the bad guy right in their face like I have. I've "been there" 4 times so far and it's like a near miss with a car when it nearly wrecks. You know how people say that the bad guy "came out of nowhere"? That's what it's like. I'm thankful that I've not had to shoot one and could deal with it otherwise, but one never knows. My guess is that once some of these folks come REAL CLOSE to loosing their life from a bad guy they will carry.

I don't carry where there are metal detectors, in the post office, yada yada. I do keep my handgun in the car in the work parking lot, but that's my choice.

To those with little kids around, just get a lock box. There is a way to deal with challenges to keeping a good gun loaded for your defense if you reallly want to deal with them.

Remember folks, those bad guys are out there, and the trouble with a lot of the most dangerous people is that they LOOK AVERAGE. They aren't going to approach you wearing a sign saying, "I'm a killer." I've had a member of my family murdered. Don't take chances.

Respectfully, RN

Guest db99wj
Folks, if you are afraid your gun will be found in your car at work after a break in by a bad guy the get a Glock, dis assemble the thing and hide various parts throughout the car or even take the recoil spring in your pocket.

My guess is that most of the folks here who don't carry have never had the bad guy right in their face like I have. I've "been there" 4 times so far and it's like a near miss with a car when it nearly wrecks. You know how people say that the bad guy "came out of nowhere"? That's what it's like. I'm thankful that I've not had to shoot one and could deal with it otherwise, but one never knows. My guess is that once some of these folks come REAL CLOSE to loosing their life from a bad guy they will carry.

I don't carry where there are metal detectors, in the post office, yada yada. I do keep my handgun in the car in the work parking lot, but that's my choice.

To those with little kids around, just get a lock box. There is a way to deal with challenges to keeping a good gun loaded for your defense if you reallly want to deal with them.

Remember folks, those bad guys are out there, and the trouble with a lot of the most dangerous people is that they LOOK AVERAGE. They aren't going to approach you wearing a sign saying, "I'm a killer." I've had a member of my family murdered. Don't take chances.

Respectfully, RN

I was jack'n with my fuse box at work today and had 2 guys walk up on me asking for money in the 10 minutes I was out there, one was nice dressed and looking for gas money, he said I'm not a robber or anything, I said "good thing" and smiled. The other was trying to sell some tools for money to get into the Union mission. Let's just say I was "ready", I knew they were coming up to me and I armed and ready.

These were not dangerous situations, but they could have been if I wasn't aware, nonetheless I was prepared.

A few weeks ago I was working late, it was before daylight savings so it was dark, I had moved my truck up to the front doors so that it was a well lit and close to the door. Don't like going around corners at night, just leaving the bank. My company is a no gun at work company, and I have chosen to keep in the truck while working, we have an armed security guard that is aware of things and watches my truck. But when I work late and by myself to make sales calls, I have chosen to carry. Back to a few weeks ago, I go to my truck and I see a guy across the street in a parking lot, a good 50 yards away, I hear him yell something and he is walking toward me, sounds like he is saying "hold up a minute, gotta ask you something, I unlock my truck, start to get in and he is still coming, he has hit the street and is about 20 yards from me, I already untucked my shirt to have easier access, I put my hand on my gun and yelled at him to stop and back the F-bomb up, by the time I finished the sentence, he was about 5 feet from my opened door, my stance was defensive and was at the point of drawing down on him, he stopped and backed up about 20 feet from me and started his sales pitch on how he was broke, needed money to get food and shelter, I told him to go find a soup kitchen and get the hell out of here, he walked off.

I haven't told anyone this until now. But my mind has been made up, I will carry legally and for those questionable times, I will have to make a decision at that point, but for the most part, my handgun won't be far away, it won't be home safe and secure, while I'm out there defenseless. There are still a few scenarios that I'm not sure about, but they don't come up very often and I will continue to figure those out.

Guest Jason F.

Note that it is illegal for some to even leave a weapon in their car when at a non carry friendly job or school location. Leaving a gun in a car at school can and in the case of others landed a person in prison. When I used to work at an airport facility leaving a firearm in your car was a Federal Offense even in the parking lot over a mile from the employee entry gate.

Guest db99wj
Note that it is illegal for some to even leave a weapon in their car when at a non carry friendly job or school location. Leaving a gun in a car at school can and in the case of others landed a person in prison. When I used to work at an airport facility leaving a firearm in your car was a Federal Offense even in the parking lot over a mile from the employee entry gate.

http://www.packing.org/state/tennessee/#stateoff_limits

This has the rules, good place to go to see what is what.

Guest db99wj
well..in switzerland, the kids tote them to school...for afterschool activities! Wish we were more like switzerland in that respect.

I use to carry a shotgun to school for dove, duck, other hunting before or after high school. This was back in the late 80's and early 90's. I guess those days are over.

Guest dotsun

Believe it or not, I took the hunter safety course in middle school back in the 80's. We even fired shotguns for the qualification.