Romney Could Be Nominated Earlier Because Of Ron Paul Supporters

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Guest Lester Weevils

If the rnc refuses to seat the original delegates legally elected by citizens of the state of Maine, I think that the rnc will get its wish that there will be no libertarian republicans.

Edited by Lester Weevils

You have ZERO rights to freedom of speech on this board. The First Ammendment protects you from government abuses but not by private entities, which this board is.

Yes can say whatever you want but we can come in and edit it or remove it.

You and Robertnashville need to quit making a spectackle of yourselves in every thread you don't agree with. Both of you have pretty much the same views on this stuff but you insist on arguing with each other.

Dolomite

Dolomite

Dolomite

Party pooper. There was a real spark growing between those two :). I figure they've been swapping ammo. :)

• Like 1
If the rnc refuses to seat the original delegates legally elected by citizens of the state of Maine, I think that the rnc will get its wish that there will be no libertarian republicans.
why do we need "X" Republicans at all?

What we need are servant-leaders who love the country and will do what is best IAW the Constitution, don't we? Somebody calling themselves conservative or libertarian or whatever is beside the point.

Guest Lester Weevils

why do we need "X" Republicans at all?

What we need are servant-leaders who love the country and will do what is best IAW the Constitution, don't we? Somebody calling themselves conservative or libertarian or whatever is beside the point.

It is a matter of interpretation as always. Commies honestly think communism is best for the nation. The 700 club republicans honestly think that a rigid authoritarian christian theocracy is best for the nation. Labels do have relevance.

If the rnc doesn't want republicans in the ballpark of Goldwater, they can get their wish. Just pee em off enough and they will leave.

Let’s assume I am a Romney supporter and Paul gets the nomination. Staying home or lodging a protest vote for Romney only hurts Paul's chances to defeat BHO. Some have said every election is billed most important in history, but only one candidate in the current system has ever called the constitution and "charter or negative liberties".

This election is bigger than my candidate of choice. It's is the defeat of BHO for the good of the country. I believe if unrestrained by the desire to be re-elected we will see how bad negative liberties can get.

I like Glocks! :shhh:

• Like 1

And watch the party die. I think we're seeing that right now.

What makes you think they would have that much impact? There are at least nine different factions within the party and all, if totally separated, aren't really big enough to have a significant impact on the remainder.

Stateed another way; if libertarians were a significant (in terms of numbers) segment within the Republican party they would have been far more effective at setting its agenda and platform a long time ago would they not? If there were enough libertarians in the Libertarian party they wouldn't garner insignificant percentages in elections would they?

Edited by RobertNashville

I don't believe that anyone is out to destroy this country. I also don't believe that there are many politics that give a crap about his country or the working men and women who reside here. It's a ego thing. Public service is a thing of our youthful past.

As usual we are faced with voting for two very bad candidates. This isn't the most important election ever. It's just the next election where the previous losing political party wants its toy boy back. If Mr Magic Drawers wins the Dems will swear that the world is going to end if they don't get back into power in 2016.

I don't have the answer, because the powers that be will never share space with a third party. I do know that I don't buy anything coming out of the mouths of either of he presidential candidates. I only believe that there will be more pain for small business owners and workers regardless who wins.

Good luck to you all,

Links2k

• Like 1

What makes you think they would have that much impact? There are at least nine different factions within the party and all, if totally separated, aren't really big enough to have a significant impact on the remainder.

Stateed another way; if libertarians were a significant (in terms of numbers) segment within the Republican party they would have been far more effective at setting its agenda and platform a long time ago would they not? If there were enough libertarians in the Libertarian party they wouldn't garner insignificant percentages in elections would they?

Nah, it's not just the libertarians, it's most anyone that's not a hard-right thinker. You can't win an election without winning the independent votes, and the hard-right slant of the party over the last few years is driving them (us) away.

Guest ThePunisher

I think where Obummer stands and what he want's and will try to do to destroy our country in a second term is pretty obvious; his lies notwithstanding.

I believe Romney has the country's best interests at heart and will act accordingly. If he is lying then he is lying but the choice, based on what we do know, seems pretty clear to me.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this, but maybe some liberal idiots don't; that's why they are called Dumacrats. If anyone at this point in time are not supporting Romney, then they are simply supporting the commie again.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this, but maybe some liberal idiots don't; that's why they are called Dumacrats. If anyone at this point in time are not supporting Romney, then they are simply supporting the commie again.

LOL, here we go again...

Guest Lester Weevils

Nah, it's not just the libertarians, it's most anyone that's not a hard-right thinker. You can't win an election without winning the independent votes, and the hard-right slant of the party over the last few years is driving them (us) away.

I would be about equally offended if the RNC was systematically refusing to seat Santorum delegates in the name of "party unity" or whatever lame-brained excuse. Shows lack of integrity, and an attitude that winning is more important than playing by the rules. Winning is more important in war, but not in a democratic process. If you can cheat to win in democratic process, kinda undermines the objective of having a democratic process. Why not just rig the vote counting in the name of "party unity" so you don't have to rig the seating of delegates? You would know the result of the primaries ahead of time regardless how people vote.

Great sentiment but you can never and will never do what you say you want to do by voting for candidates that cannot win nor will it happen in just a few Presidential elections...Presidential elections aren't even teh place to start; the place to start is city, county elections then state legislatures and governorships and then, perhaps, President.

The answer also isn't to kick the two political parties out of power because that will not happen either, the answer is to work within the party structure and mold the structure into a better shape.

You make changes by working on it; not by posting videos...not by posting threads in an internet forum or on Facebook...you make changes by knocking on doors and making phone calls and donating money and stuffing envelopes and staying in close contact with your local office holders and state office holders....maybe you are already doing all that and if so, great...if not, you need to.

We also need to get people to go VOTE! I've seen studies that show that less than 1/3 of eligible voters, including those who identify themselves as conservative or libertarian, are even registered; even fewer bother themselves to vote.

If we can't get allegedly concerned citizens to even register; how the hell will anything will change.

So every election cycle we should vote the lesser of two evils. Keep going round and round?

Some of us have gotten dizzy and would actually see something good start happening in this country.

So every election cycle we should vote the lesser of two evils. Keep going round and round?

Some of us have gotten dizzy and would actually see something good start happening in this country.

You can't make these kinds of changes with a microwave oven - yes every election cycle you vote for the best candidate that can win. But what I also said was that it takes real work and real time for things to change; and by work I don't just mean voting and I don't just mean writing posts on Internet forums. Those things are fine but they are a tiny piece, at best, of what has to be done.

You need to spend some time. You need to spend some money. You need to call radio talk shows. You need to write letters and emails. You need to go to rallies and conventions and learn how to get even more involved and more effective - not everybody can do everything but everybody can do some of those things and the more of us who actually do some of those things the faster things can get better.

It's a long trip; not a walk down to the corner store.

Further, some the people who complain need to get their asses out there and run for office themselves.

Edited by RobertNashville

I wish people would realize it really isn't a 2 party system, but more a one party system. Republicans and Democrats may come off as Red state/Blue state, but in reallity they are the system that is designed to be the only choices you have in this electoral system. Which by the way is a fully corrupt system. There is currently no chance that a 3rd party candidate will win with the current set-up. Those in power( the ones who pull the strings) already know who they want in office and have and will use whatever there is at their disposal. I'm sure Armyveteran and a few others on here know the truth and are not merely blinded by what the media or the government schooling(brainwashing) over the years. I know Ron Paul is not out of the race as he is going after the delegates at the RNC ( which i might add he has a strong showing of support). If the media would stop bowing down and report this, I'm sure we would see more news reports of Ron instead of just the two jokers we have now. I didn't vote for Obama or Mc cain( due to my personal integrity) and i won't be voting for either of the two "frontrunners" in this upcoming election. Which i have been told if i vote for RP, it's like voting for BO. But I look at it this way, If you vote for MR, you've just voted for BO. In reallity,they both stink. Just you all sheeple who think one side is better than the other side need to grip reality and wake up. Both sides stink, and yet it's the 2 pieces of crap we're given a choice by the media to vote for. I believe wholeheartedly in the message RP is presenting, i don't agree with everything he says but he's a much better candidate than the two yahoos we have a choice in. The only difference between Obama and Rommney is one is white, the other is black.

Edited by Wyldk2

I wish people would realize it really isn't a 2 party system, but more a one party system. Republicans and Democrats may come off as Red state/Blue state, but in reallity they are the system that is designed to be the only choices you have in this electoral system. Which by the way is a fully corrupt system. There is currently no chance that a 3rd party candidate will win with the current set-up. Those in power( the ones who pull the strings) already know who they want in office and have and will use whatever there is at their disposal. I'm sure Armyveteran and a few others on here know the truth and are not merely blinded by what the media or the government schooling(brainwashing) over the years. I know Ron Paul is not out of the race as he is going after the delegates at the RNC ( which i might add he has a strong showing of support). If the media would stop bowing down and report this, I'm sure we would see more news reports of Ron instead of just the two jokers we have now. I didn't vote for Obama or Mc cain( due to my personal integrity) and i won't be voting for either of the two "frontrunners" in this upcoming election. Which i have been told if i vote for RP, it's like voting for BO. But I look at it this way, If you vote for MR, you've just voted for BO. In reallity,they both stink. Just you all sheeple who think one side is better than the other side need to grip reality and wake up. Both sides stink, and yet it's the 2 pieces of crap we're given a choice by the media to vote for. I believe wholeheartedly in the message RP is presenting, i don't agree with everything he says but he's a much better candidate than the two yahoos we have a choice in. The only difference between Obama and Rommney is one is white, the other is black.

Good post. You left out the part about only people who really love this country will be voting for Captain magic drawers. The rest of us are commies.

• Like 2