pocket carry with no safety

IMG_1836.jpg

Not sure how the trigger would get pulled while in a pocket holster. I am quite certain the gun can't be fired without the trigger being pulled, and it ain't a hair trigger. I carry mine loaded.

If I need a gun suddenly, I want point and click. I certainly don't want the hassle of a safety, racking the slide, cocking a hammer, etc.

I like that magazine/flashlight holder, where'd ya find that?

Yes, do tell. :)

I carry a P3AT in a Desantis Nemesis. As many have stated, the long trigger pull is the safety, the pocket holster just adds more margin. A gun without a round in the chamber is nothing more than an expensive hammer.

Not sure what the size of the gun has to do with it?

A full sized glock with no safety is equal to a pocket 380 with no safety (both will fire when you pull on the trigger). A 1911 with nothing in the chamber is the same as a raven 25 with nothing in the chamber (both will fail to work when you get mugged).

I guess I do not understand the pocket pistol angle. Safety or not is up to the owner; IMHO only SAO guns need any safety at all and they should be used on SAO guns. One in the chamber is up to the owner as well, but 1 short on a 5 shot pistol is significant, not so much in a 18 round fullsize. If your gun can fire when dropped, it is not a good carry piece, period. Stuff happens, but modern guns should have enough internal features to prevent this in all but the most freaky accidents (should involve at least 2, maybe 3 mechanical failures at once).

Not sure what the size of the gun has to do with it?

A full sized glock with no safety is equal to a pocket 380 with no safety (both will fire when you pull on the trigger). A 1911 with nothing in the chamber is the same as a raven 25 with nothing in the chamber (both will fail to work when you get mugged).

I guess I do not understand the pocket pistol angle. Safety or not is up to the owner; IMHO only SAO guns need any safety at all and they should be used on SAO guns. One in the chamber is up to the owner as well, but 1 short on a 5 shot pistol is significant, not so much in a 18 round fullsize. If your gun can fire when dropped, it is not a good carry piece, period. Stuff happens, but modern guns should have enough internal features to prevent this in all but the most freaky accidents (should involve at least 2, maybe 3 mechanical failures at once).

There's one significant difference when you compare the P3AT/LCP to heavier guns like the M&P and Glock. It's much harder to pull the trigger on those little pocket guns. I don't think I've ever heard of an accidental discharge with an LCP because you have to be real deliberate to make it go bang. I use an extra layer of caution with my Glocks. I don't practice bad trigger discipline with any of them.

yes, I know, but that would mean the p3at and copies are MORE safe than a glock. Which is another reason the pocket angle did not make much sense? If its safe to haul around a huge glock with a lighter trigger in whatever rig, it should be safer to haul a small gun with 4x the trigger pull --- the pocket makes no difference assuming a holster is used.

yes, I know, but that would mean the p3at and copies are MORE safe than a glock. Which is another reason the pocket angle did not make much sense? If its safe to haul around a huge glock with a lighter trigger in whatever rig, it should be safer to haul a small gun with 4x the trigger pull --- the pocket makes no difference assuming a holster is used.

I think the little pocket guns probably are safer. I wouldn't be afraid to finger twirl my LCP. I wouldn't try that with one of my Glocks or an M&P. They're heavy enough to mash the trigger. I'm not scared to carry any of my pistols. I just pay a little more attention to the big ones, because there are lots more ND's with them.

If you pocket carry in a holster that covers the trigger guard, and there is nothing in your pocket besides your weapon, and you keep your finger out of the trigger guard, I don't see how one firearm is any safer than any other.

If you pocket carry in a holster that covers the trigger guard, and there is nothing in your pocket besides your weapon, and you keep your finger out of the trigger guard, I don't see how one firearm is any safer than any other.

I agree. Think next door neighbors :). Not everybody has the same brain. It's hard for a complete idiot to shoot himself with an LCP.

I agree. Think next door neighbors :). Not everybody has the same brain. It's hard for a complete idiot to shoot himself with an LCP.

If it's hard for a complete idiot to shoot himself with an LCP or a P3AT, it makes me wonder how much success said idiot would have if he actually had to use it for SD. :ugh:

I bough it from a guy on 24hourcampfire.com who was making and selling the pouches/flashlights as a combo deal. I cannot find his contact information at this time, and not sure if he still makes them. I want to think he lives in Clarksville? Sorry I'm not a lot of help. It is a pretty neat package.

Guest seawolf138

I'm with the bulk of the group here. I carry a S&W Bodyguard 380 most of the time...it has a safety, but I don't ever use it, the trigger pull is long and not what I would define as "light." I carry in a holster, and I don't keep anything else in that pocket. As far as the gun falling out of my pocket...that holster tends to turn my pocket inside out when I remove it anyway, seems like a minor concern.

I bough it from a guy on 24hourcampfire.com who was making and selling the pouches/flashlights as a combo deal. I cannot find his contact information at this time, and not sure if he still makes them. I want to think he lives in Clarksville? Sorry I'm not a lot of help. It is a pretty neat package.

Oh well, win some lose some. Thanks for getting back to us.

I cringe at people who carry in their pockets..

I know its safe.. I know its ok.. people have been doing it for years .. I just cant bring myself.. I , most of the time, do not even have one in the chamber ..yet..

Doesnt it bother you guys when sitting down? does it get in the way ?

The opposite! Pocket guns tend to be small and thin, typically under 6 X 5 X 1.2 in size. Sitting down all day at a desk job is WHY I pocket carry: the gun does not bind/pinch/annoy me at all. I tried the big guns (relatively, like my cz rami... that is "big"...) IWB and so on, and they always either hit the back of my chair some or bite into my hip or belly in the front, or something. I could not get them comfortable when sitting down all day. Stuffed in a poket, it just sits there, far from any moving body parts (hips, waist, etc) and not pressing into the chair in any way. About the only thing that can happen is some tables/desks can hit the gun in the pocket when I roll/scoot forward in my chair, and that is rare.