Romney: Gun control is not the answer

Guest No Ammo

I google searched the entire "quote" and while I find loads of copies, I do not see anyone posting an actual.... Maybe my google fu sucks today.

Here is the interview with the "quote", I think -

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/extended-interview-brian-williams-speaks-with-mitt-romney/6p3ub7f

AS far as voting...ABO, and Paul Ryan in 2016!

Edited by R_Bert

Try to think of it less as flip-flopping and more like "evolving"...

Well, the voters sure have "evolved" on gun control since then. I'm talking percentage of US citizens that are for gun control. Back to the same old thing. You can order lobster at a hot dog stand, but you won't get it.

Well, the voters sure have "evolved" on gun control since then. I'm talking percentage of US citizens that are for gun control. Back to the same old thing. You can order lobster at a hot dog stand, but you won't get it.

Again, making an Obama joke. Perhaps it was too dry, or too much time has passed to make it comedically relevant.

Still can't vote for flip flop Romney. He's too much of a douchebag.

He's growing on me. The way I figure it, a president is only going to get so much done anyway. If he sticks to his top priorities, this country will improve dramatically. It's not just about the guy. It's also about the force behind him.

I like a lot of things about your candidate. But, even if he could get elected, he may get less done due to lack of support in congress. That's not such a bad thing. Think about where we would be if Obama still owned both houses.

I just started my second cup of coffee. I barely remember my girlfriend's name right now :)

I just drink out of an oversized coffee mug so I get 2.5-3 cups in it. Today I was too lazy to start a pot of coffee so I am drinking hot tea.

Back to original topic, Romney isn't my top pick but he is getting my vote. I believe most of his gun control standpoint came from being in MA and appeasing the populous so he could be a good Governor based off his states views - not necessarily his personal views. Any progress he would want to make would have had to be gradual, no one that says that are going to flip everything upside down gets elected into office. Oh wait...big zerO got elected into office.

If Romney was running as a Democrat we would be saying he's the single most evil candidate next to Obama.

Who is we? :) Is he evil because he started a private equity firm, or because he made lots of money? He didn't really kill Granny.

EDIT: I deal with Bain capital every day. They're straight business, and definately smarter than your average bears. I don't have to sort out the media crap because I have first hand experience. They handle muti-billion dollar leverage very well. I might even hire them to fix the US.

Edited by mikegideon

Who is we? :) Is he evil because he started a private equity firm, or because he made lots of money? He didn't really kill Granny.

EDIT: I deal with Bain capital every day. They're straight business, and definately smarter than your average bears. I don't have to sort out the media crap because I have first hand experience. They handle muti-billion dollar leverage very well. I might even hire them to fix the US.

Give me a break Mike. Most of the people on this board are only voting for Romney so he can beat Obama. What do you actually LIKE about him other than the big R next to his name? I am positive that if he was running as a democrat everyone would be saying to vote for the conservative or the world will end, much like we are doing now.

I have nothing against Bain capital and I certainly don't care how much money he has made.

• Like 1

Give me a break Mike. Most of the people on this board are only voting for Romney so he can beat Obama. What do you actually LIKE about him other than the big R next to his name? I am positive that if he was running as a democrat everyone would be saying to vote for the conservative or the world will end, much like we are doing now.

I have nothing against Bain capital and I certainly don't care how much money he has made.

It wouldn't do much good to beat Obama if we were getting the same thing. I like that Romney is a capitalist, and has had lots of success at it. I don't like that he's a politician, but good luck getting past that one. Of course I wouldn't vote for him if he was a Democrat. It's pretty dumb to think this is about one guy. The R's need more power, so...