Just had to put down one of our security dogs :(

I got to work this morning and our invisible fence had been hit by lightning and we were missing a dog. I searched the entire property and finally found her in a ditch by the highway. The boss is gone on vacation and I am the only one here so I could not leave and take her to the vet. He asked me to just put her down so I didn't really have a choice. She was hurt pretty bad so I'm sure the vet would have put her down either way.

Her name was Gracie. She was a pit bull and had just began warming up to me. It was pretty hard to do as I am a dog lover so any of you praying guys out there I would appreciate your prayers. :(

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel you, brother. I had to put down a longtime, beloved pet a few years ago and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Just this past week, my K-9 officer had to put down his partner due to cancer...they had served 8 years together. It hit him, and the entire shift, pretty hard.

Regards

I feel you, brother. I had to put down a longtime, beloved pet a few years ago and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Just this past week, my K-9 officer had to put down his partner due to cancer...they had served 8 years together. It hit him, and the entire shift, pretty hard.

Regards

We read about this. Very sorry for your loss.

After a suitable time for your department to mourn your loss, you may be able to request a no-cost-to-the-department K9 officer from the Air Force's Military Working Dog school at Lackland Air Force Base. Law Enforcement Agencies get priority over civilians for Military Working Dogs. There are often dogs available to departments that have either retired from military service and have many good years of police work in them yet, or a young dog that is otherwise qualified but not suitable for military work.

http://www.37trw.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-120718-079.pdf

http://www.jbsa.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123279665

I got to work this morning and our invisible fence had been hit by lightning and we were missing a dog. I searched the entire property and finally found her in a ditch by the highway. The boss is gone on vacation and I am the only one here so I could not leave and take her to the vet. He asked me to just put her down so I didn't really have a choice. She was hurt pretty bad so I'm sure the vet would have put her down either way.

Her name was Gracie. She was a pit bull and had just began warming up to me. It was pretty hard to do as I am a dog lover so any of you praying guys out there I would appreciate your prayers. :(

Prayers sent.

Sad to hear. Dogs are the greatest of creatures. They naturally possess in great quantity all the positive traits (...love, loyalty, fidelity, courage, bravery, strength, fearlessness....) that we admire in the greatest of men; our heroes. Our prayers are with you.

leroy

Edited by leroy

Dogs are the greatest of creatures. They naturally possess in great quantity all the positive traits (...love, loyalty, fidelity, courage, bravery, strength, fearlessness....)

leroy

I have 3 weimaraners...I really see these traits when I have a "treat" in my hand. Whores...

But, their my whores... :)

Edited by TN-popo

I am a "praying woman" and you will be in my prayers! I am so sorry it had to happen and even more sorry that you had to be the one to do it! I have Bull Terriers, they are like kids to me! So sorry!

I'm very sorry, that is a very hard thing to go through and I'm sure even harder to do.

My one biggest regret to moving back to Ca five years ago was not being home when my two had to be put down.

They were good girls if not to bright and best of friends, went within months of one another.

The only consolation was the 14 years of companionship and the fact that health was good all the way up till the last six months to a year. We had to buy alot of oranges out here to keep them happy as they'd gotten used to just eating them off the ground or low branches back in Ca.

Sorry to hijack, your loss just reminded me how much I miss my pooches. Give yours an extra treat for me.