SSA, NOAA, and DHS ammo purchases???

174,000 isn't a lot of ammo when you think about it.

They have 295 armed agents and that is under 600 rounds per officer. Most of us shoot that in under 3 months.

Hardly anything more than replacement and training ammo. And yes they need that ammo to protect themselves from US residents in the same way LE use their ammo to protect themselves from US residents.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Dolomite

It seems hollow points are seriously frightening to some people (sheep?). A quote from the article:

"What would be the target of these 174, 000 rounds of hollow point bullets? It can’t simply be to control demonstrators or rioters. Hollow point bullets are so lethal that the Geneva Convention does not allow their use on the battle field in time of war. Hollow point bullets don’t just stop or hurt people, they penetrate the body, spread out, fragment and cause maximum damage to the body’s organs. Death often follows.

Potentially each hollow nose bullet represents a dead American."

Maybe I just don't understand. Aren't most, if not all, bullets deadly? I carry hollow points for self defense. I understand the expansion concept, but I consider hollow points to be safer to use because they are more likely to expand and expend energy in the target than a FMJ that would be more likely to pass through the target and potentially cause damage or harm beyond the target. My goal is to stop the threat and cause no harm beyond the threat. Is this an incorrect perception? I know, even with hollow points, to be mindful of what's beyond the target. If I have to draw and fire, my concern is not about the damage to my attacker but where the bullet may go beyond the attacker. To me, that's a benefit, perhaps unintended, of using hollow points,

What do you think? Clearly a hollow point causes more damage to the target but do you consider them safer to use for self defense due to less potential for collateral damage?

I do not think it is for purposes of "killing Americans", but the government is buying up an awful lot of hardware and ammo lately. I can't accurately speculate what it is for, but I have a few ideas that cross my mind.

I do not think a war with Iran is that far off. And I also believe that Iran is a flash point that will potentially set off something much bigger. It is no secret that our government is sneaky. They know a new war is not popular with Americans, but I do think they are definitely preparing for something big.

We will know as soon as the election is over.

Isn't it nice that we can afford the more expensive ammo for training? No sense letting them practice with FMJ when we can buy them JHP's. It would be too hard to place one order for carry ammo and another for practice ammo. Our tax dollars being efficiently spent as usual.

Guest 6.8 AR

"Hardly anything more than replacement and training ammo. And yes they need that ammo to protect themselves from US residents in the same way LE use their ammo to protect themselves from US residents."

Gordon. Do you not see some irony here? :D

It seems hollow points are seriously frightening to some people (sheep?). A quote from the article:

"What would be the target of these 174, 000 rounds of hollow point bullets? It can’t simply be to control demonstrators or rioters. Hollow point bullets are so lethal that the Geneva Convention does not allow their use on the battle field in time of war. Hollow point bullets don’t just stop or hurt people, they penetrate the body, spread out, fragment and cause maximum damage to the body’s organs. Death often follows.

Potentially each hollow nose bullet represents a dead American."

What do you think? Clearly a hollow point causes more damage to the target but do you consider them safer to use for self defense due to less potential for collateral damage?

Don't try to understand an irrational statement such as what this entire article is. Applying logic to the illogical is an exercise in futility. Most LEAs carry hollowpoints. Bringing up the Geneva Convention is stupid. Yes, our armed forces are not allowed to use hollowpoints. That is dumb, in my opinion. This article is attempting to incite fear and emotion instead of facts.

As far as wasting money on JHP vs HPs; I don't know. Is it to replace aging ammo? Perhaps. My dad would shoot JHP during his quals to rotate out old ammo. I know, that is crazy. Our LEs should be using the same JHP ammo for generations, right?

In March DHS ordered 750 million rounds of hollow point ammunition. It then turned around and ordered an additional 750 million rounds of miscellaneous bullets

I don't think the Social Security Administration or the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration has anything to fear from the public. I didn't even know these two agencies had an armed force. DHS is another matter all together, but they won't be going to war with Iran either. Please watch this video with you tin foil hat on too!!!

The following (armed) organizations fall under the DHS:

Customs and Border Protection, ICE, Secret Service, Coast Guard, TSA, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and the US Coast Guard.

I'm sure there's more, but this is a lot. The cumulative number of weapons on their property books probably rivals that of the Marine Corps. They have lots of guns and bullets. They always have. They just exist under the same umbrella now, so clearly the only explanation is they intend to kill or enslave us all. :panic:

Of course, the logic of the article is as follows:

SSA buys 174,000 rounds and therefore they intend to kill 174,000 American Citizens. It says it right there in the article. I would have copied and pasted it, but the site is more diseased than a Thai prostitute so I didn't.

By the same logic of the article we have 5,000 nuke warheads in our arsenal. Why else would we have them other than to Nuke 5,000 cities? Therefore, the US government intends on nuking 5,000 cities in the near future. There. Simple logic. Feel free to hide out in your bunkers. I'll be getting some ice cream over at 31 Flavors with all the other sheep that apparently have no idea that every fart the US Gov makes is a sinister attempt to put us in concentration camps.

Edited by TMF
  • Like 2

It's the Hague Convention of 1899 that bans hollow points. Not the Geneva Convention.

One would figure that a former Major General in the Army would know that. Apparently he doesn't. BTW, retired General Jerry Curry is crazier than a sh**house rat.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

It's the Hague Convention of 1899 that bans hollow points. Not the Geneva Convention.

But does it ban that use of a country against its own citizens? Rhetorical, Spock :D

There is probably a large dose of silliness in this article, but the reason for the tinhattery is that sometimes we

dismiss too much when incremental tyranny keeps marching forward. I have no idea, but it does give one

another reason to be suspicious.

Guest 6.8 AR

One would figure that a former Major General in the Army would know that. Apparently he doesn't. BTW, retired General Jerry Curry is crazier than a sh**house rat.

There is some credibility to the idea that some crazy people attain high levels of incompetence. :D

Folks:____________________

This ammo purchase alarm thing is a gift from Providence. Everybody is bent about this ammo purchase; which i think (...as lots of others do to and have so posted...) that this is a routine buy to lay in ammo for the "armed/LE" type agencies (...with the exception of the SSA...). It just got publicized at exactly the right time. This is proof that folks are edgy and dont like what their government is doin. In the "old days" of benelovent government, this wouldnt even come up. Now everybody is lookin for signs of trouble.

The only ammo purchase that interests me on a personal basis is the SSA purchase (...im an old guy...). Do ya all recon that the SSA special agents are goin to shoot some old folks to get SS payments back in line with the budget??... It also could be the new plan to curb the increase in Medicare costs.

Remember, the Germans invented two things; "the original social security"; brought to us via Otto Von Bismark; not the great god Roosevelt; and the "Lebinstrum"; loose translation "living space" to expand the Thousand Year Reich and to give the German people the room they needed for the "Greater Germany". Yall know how the Germans worked out the "Lebinstrum" thing. Maybe Nobama and company have worked out the Social Security and Medicare thing the same way. If they, in fact, have; they have fouled this up too; they didnt buy enough ammo. Maybe they plan to borrow some from DHS to finish the job.

Food for thought.

leroy

Guest ThePunisher

90 million gun owners with at least 100 rds. of ammo equal 9 billion rds. Of course we know during the last 4 years that the 90 million gun owners have bought more than 100 rds. of ammo. What possibly could 90 million gun owners be afraid of? :hiding:

Edited by ThePunisher
Guest 6.8 AR

Folks:____________________

This ammo purchase alarm thing is a gift from Providence. Everybody is bent about this ammo purchase; which i think (...as lots of others do to and have so posted...) that this is a routine buy to lay in ammo for the "armed/LE" type agencies (...with the exception of the SSA...). It just got publicized at exactly the right time. This is proof that folks are edgy and dont like what their government is doin. In the "old days" of benelovent government, this wouldnt even come up. Now everybody is lookin for signs of trouble.

The only ammo purchase that interests me on a personal basis is the SSA purchase (...im an old guy...). Do ya all recon that the SSA special agents are goin to shoot some old folks to get SS payments back in line with the budget??... It also could be the new plan to curb the increase in Medicare costs.

Remember, the Germans invented two things; "the original social security"; brought to us via Otto Von Bismark; not the great god Roosevelt; and the "Lebinstrum"; loose translation "living space" to expand the Thousand Year Reich and to give the German people the room they needed for the "Greater Germany". Yall know how the Germans worked out the "Lebinstrum" thing. Maybe Nobama and company have worked out the Social Security and Medicare thing the same way. If they, in fact, have; they have fouled this up too; they didnt buy enough ammo. Maybe they plan to borrow some from DHS to finish the job.

Food for thought.

leroy

As usual good points. Especially since Hitler's regime seems to be the role model for our current regime in so many

different ways.

295 Armed Security Officers is about the size of many medium sized city Police Departments. I don’t know why this ammo purchase would be of any concern.

I'm just curious to know why the SSA, and of all agencies NOAA, needs an armed contingent.