My Tuff M & P

RWF

i was getting pratice in today. still trying to learn how to shoot the open pistol before the pro/am. when one round went POP, lots of smoke and felt something hit my strong hand. when i looked my my had a lot black on it including my trigger finger. clear the gun, checked it out and the mag. could not find anything wrong with the pistol, the mag looked good, the top round was black with a few bright spots.

the round before felt normal and amsure the it fully cycled. when it POPed i knew that it did not cycle. but anyway put the mag back in and kept on shooting.

IMG_7141.jpgIMG_7140.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of grip tape is that?

I am always interested in new ways of adding grip to a handgun. They doesn't look like the typical grip tape.

That is a fantastic looking gun BTW. I have always like the M&P's above any of its competitors and yours is a shining example of how well they take mods.

Dolomite

Brooks Tactical A-Grip, I really like it and it is on most of guns even on my check pieces of my AR's. it is never hot or cold or slippery. i had it on a few of my pistols for several years. the wife likes the skate board style better. but i had to replace hers and the A-Grip is going strong. it does cost more but i feel you do get what pay for in this case.

and Thank you.

1st a coment, Nice looking pistol!

Looks like the brass is broken, is it?

Was it a reload?

Glad you did not get hurt and your pistol did not break.

thank you and yes the bottom of the case blew out, like it fired out of battery. but up until i pulled the trigger it felt normal. i do believe it was a reload, i was shooting a mix of ammo all 147's. still learning how to shoot a open gun the 147's make it a little more like a limited gun. the 124's i think work just a tad better.

i am very glad it did not break also the pistol is new and bought this for this build which has taken longer than i was planing, the 3 gun Nation Pro/Am is this Friday.

on a side note i e-mail Julie asking if a M & P can fire out of battery. i hope she replies. no i do not reload.