I'll support a ban on high capacity magazines

Guest model12

Guest 6.8 AR

I assume he's referring to Brian Haas with the Tennessean. He has been accused in the past of portraying anti-gun stories after coming here for info/quotes and such. I dunno, I think bias is in the eye of the beholder. Naturally folks are suspicious of media, but I found the stories to be done fine. A few things I would have done different, but that is because I would be considering things from a gunowner perspective and not that of a non-gun owning reporter. Kinda like taking a picture of a toothless yocal in real tree outside of a gunshow and using that in the article. To me that is misrepresenting the community. To him, he didn't see a problem and didn't have sinister intentions. But we did the right thing... we chased him off and closed the door on an opportunity to actually inform the media from a gun owner's perspective.

Not until after the opportunity was attempted by several around here.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I couldn't remember his name; thanks, TMF. I didn't even realize he'd been "chased off." I guess he wasn't the good guy he seemed?

When I say "chased off" I'm referring to the dog pile that ensued after his posted questions or articles written. I didn't take any of the articles to be biased. Maybe misinformed, but that is fixable through respectfully informing him instead of just hurling accusations that he is a flaming libtard bent on demonizing gun possession. But that is all a different story and I'm hijacking the thread. I just wanted to answer the question; I don't get the impression that the two cases are related. The post here is not grammatically similar.

No looka here fella's. THis is what I've talked about in the past, as it related to my disgust with western democracy. We have a clean and productive place here. We have ample liberties and I've seen the flexibility the rules around here have. AND still yet, when something needs to be done....WHAM! Done, moving on. Well, we tried it the way the founding fathers built it. We've tried it the way the tree huggin hippies have mutated into being. I'd like to see how things go this way. TGODavid for supreme chancellor of the first American Empire.

Job number one, all males of appropriate age and physical ability are hereby charged with the purging of leftwing hippy filth.

THen we have a beer!

I'd get rid of the whole thread or at least the first post. I can't see any good of having crap like that on here, all to easy for someone with an agenda to see it and quote it as coming from a member of the firearm community.

Bored yesterday and thumbed through a copy of People that my sister had left lying around and read a comment from a "gun owner" who apparently couldn't think of any reason beyond killing people that someone would want or need anything larger than the four round "clip" in his hunting rifle.

It's one thing when a gungrabber spews crap out of his mouth, it's worse when it comes from within.

I'd get rid of the whole thread or at least the first post. I can't see any good of having crap like that on here, all to easy for someone with an agenda to see it and quote it as coming from a member of the firearm community.

Bored yesterday and thumbed through a copy of People that my sister had left lying around and read a comment from a "gun owner" who apparently couldn't think of any reason beyond killing people that someone would want or need anything larger than the four round "clip" in his hunting rifle.

It's one thing when a gungrabber spews crap out of his mouth, it's worse when it comes from within.

And he is going to be one of the 90% I talk about that will gladly hand over their guns to the gov't. And he will be one of the ones to turn in the other 10% that don't give their guns up. He will see the 10% as the reason he lost his guns in the first place, not the government.

What these hunters don't realize is there was legislation that would have taken their bolt guns away had it passed. It was a number of years ago but it said that any gun capable of shooting a group of less than, I think, 3 inches at 100 yards was considered a sniper rifle and should be outlawed. They reasoned a deer's vital zone was 9" and a shot should not be taken past 300 yards. Although it never came close to passing imagine the ramifications of a ban of any type of rifle capable fo 3" or less shot groups. I have rimfire pistols that would probably do 3" or less with quality ammo. I do believe it was in response to the DC sniper killings.

Dolomite

Very true. Now I know my first mistake was even picking up the the magazine in the first place but I have to say it upset me all day. I started forming a letter of my own in my head but what's the use? You can't reason with the unreasonable.

The point you make is a good one as usual D, some people really don't understand the concept of erosion. Or even worse are just naturally selfish enough to feel that as long as their left alone everyone else can go suck eggs.

God, I love this country but I can't stand most of the people in it.