"Breaking Bad"

Nah, the character is still in development. I love S5 so far.

Wha? That makes no sense, the story isn't finished.

Once Gus died Walt and Jesse could have gotten out.

And I am sick to death of Walt Jr and his whiney ass ways.

Edited by Mike.357

Once Gus died Walt and Jesse could have gotten out.

Yah, they could end it anywhere, but that doesn't mean it makes sense from the stand point of his character's development. Taking it to the next level, screwing things up and learning as he goes should build for an amazing finale at the end of this season.

And I am sick to death of Walt Jr and his whiney ass ways.

Yah, not a fan, thankfully he's not in S5 very much so far.

****SPOILER ALERT FOR PEOPLE NOT CURRENT ON THE SHOW*****

I was wondering about their direct body count, and this is what I came up with.

So far, Walt has killed Emilio, Krazy-8, Gus, Hector Salamanca, a pair of Gus' henchmen, and then last night's victim. You could argue that Walt also killed Jane, since he moved her onto her back and then didn't help when she started choking on her own vomit. It's getting easier and easier for Walt. He means to have his empire, no matter what.

Jesse killed Gale.

Indirect body count is in the hundreds once you add up Tuco and friends, DEA, the cousins, motorcycle kid, and the airplanes.

Edited by monkeylizard

If you're still onthe old seasons....

MonkeylIzard...no spoilers! :shhh:

If you're still on the old seasons...STOP READING THREADS ABOUT THE SHOW!!!! :)

If you're current, or close to current, there's no spoiler in that post, but I tossed in an alert just in case.

Edited by monkeylizard

This "no spoilers" thing is killing me too. I agree, if you aren't caught up you shouldn't be reading threads about the show on the Internet.

Despite the minibike incident, I'm liking the new kid in the crew. He has a good work ethic. Walt seems to like him too.

I am saddened after last night's show. I really liked that character, he was maybe my favorite.

Lizard, I don't think he actually touched Jane at all. I may have to rewatch, but I don't think he did anything to her.

Mike357, It couldn't end last season. Them just getting out after Gus would have been very weak and empty. As painful as it is to watch, this has to go full circle.

IIRC, when Walt shook Jesse to try to wake him up to ask where his meth stash was at, he caused Jane to shift onto her back. I don't have On Demand or the DVD seasons, so I can't check it. I'd like to know if I'm recalling correctly or not though if someone can check that. It would be Season 2, Episode 12 "Phoenix". I think it would have happened in the final 10 minutes.

Edited by monkeylizard

IIRC Jane did roll over when Walt tried to wake Jesse up.

I agree if you are not current you ought to not read this thread, I did not watch it last night but you all can spoil all you want.

I think either directly or indirectly we have seen Walt's meth kill 200 people, Some of those certainly would have met the same end even if Walt was not a cook.

• Like 1

Walt shook Jesse to wake him and Jane rolled over onto her back and started to puke. Walt may not have known how junkies sleep to prevent this, but when he saw her puking in her sleep a light definitely came on in his head. He knew she was dying and how to stop it, but it was too convenient for her to be out of the picture. As a result, Jesse eventually came around and hundreds of people died in the plane crash.

Yeah, that's the way I remembered it. I think you can chalk that one up to a direct kill by Walt. It may not have been intentional, but his action and subsequent inaction directly caused her death. I liked Jane. She was much more interesting than Jesse's current "keep your mouth shut and don't ask about the money while I play X-Box with your kid" girlfriend.

Edited by monkeylizard

Something Mike on BB said has me thinking. He tells Walt how good he had it working with Gus and that he could have kept cooking forever, but NOOO...he had to go and get all power hungry.

I felt like Hank was closing in on Fring's operation and it was a matter of time. You guys get the same impression?

Maybe, but Mike wouldn't have known that, only the viewers.

Gus could have moved his cook lab if Hank brought too much heat on the laundromat. Who knows what other businesses Gus had that could support a lab. Hank's good, but I think Gus was better. He had more resources and fewer rules. After his play on the cartel, Gus may have even been able to move it all south of the border, but where Walt and Jesse would fit in with a southern lab is another story. Sending Jesse down to teach the Mexican cooks how it's done tells me that's what Gus was planning all along.

Edited by monkeylizard

Hank was definitely closing in on it, but he may not have been if Walt were never in the picture. Remember, it all goes back to "the blue stuff".

And all, thanks, I remember Walt shaking Jesse, but when Lizard first mentioned it, I took it he meant Walt deliberately moved her. He definitely stood by and let it happen, that was never in question. To us, there isn't much a difference, but to Walt there is. Though he is now moving beyond that.

His realization at what he had done at the end of this week's episode is possibly the most regret we've seen from him.

Also, Gomie at the vault door was priceless. Gomez.gif

Edited by atlas3025

After Walt saw what Gus did to Victor after Walt & Jesse beat Gus tot he punch wrt killing Walt off, Walt knew his days were numbered. I don't think it was, at that time, 'empire building' that forced Walt to go after Gus - he knew only one of them would survive.

I forgot about that. Mike may not have known about that either. I'm sure he knew Victor was gone, but not necessarily how/why. Mike's not the type that asks questions about something like that.

Of course Mike knew about that - he was the one who sent Victor (who was with Mike when he was supposed to kill Walt at the lab )to try to stop Jesse from killing Gale. And Mike was in the lab when Gus slit Victor's throat.

Of course Mike knew about that - he was the one who sent Victor (who was with Mike when he was supposed to kill Walt at the lab )to try to stop Jesse from killing Gale. And Mike was in the lab when Gus slit Victor's throat.

Oh yeah...It's hard to remember where everyone was at different events.

In that case, I wonder if it's just a hole in the writting. Gus did the original pushing by trying to get Jesse off of Walt's team since he didn't trust a junkie. Bringing Gale in sort of forced Walt's hand once he figured out Gale would make him obsolete and into some very expensive overhead. Maybe Mike was just mad that he'd lost his good gig with Gus and was blaming Walt, even though Gus had a big part in bringing himself down.

Hank was definitely closing in on it, but he may not have been if Walt were never in the picture. Remember, it all goes back to "the blue stuff".

And all, thanks, I remember Walt shaking Jesse, but when Lizard first mentioned it, I took it he meant Walt deliberately moved her. He definitely stood by and let it happen, that was never in question. To us, there isn't much a difference, but to Walt there is. Though he is now moving beyond that.

His realization at what he had done at the end of this week's episode is possibly the most regret we've seen from him.

Also, Gomie at the vault door was priceless. Gomez.gif

Best part of this season in my book! He's like hehroooooow.....And the lawyers like "I'll talk!" Good stuff.

In that case, I wonder if it's just a hole in the writting.

Not necessarily, Mike wasn't there when Gus threatened his wife and kids - that seemed to be the point where he decided he had to take Gus out. I suspect Mike had seen Gus do stuff like that before, he was as calm as usual.

Out of curiosity, you know, in case I ever need a lawyer to hide $5 million in illicit cash for me. :) Where does the attorney-client privilege end in a case like Gomey showing up at the bank? Attorney dude has a bag of cash and a bunch of bank deposit boxes. There's nothing illegal about that. Abnormal, but not illegal. What leverage does the DEA have in a case like that to get the lawyer to talk, assuming the lawyer's not wetting his pants and squealing like this guy is. There's presumably no warrant involved to search the bank vault. Doesn't the lawyer have an expectation of privacy in the vault? Did the bank violate that?

• Like 1

just watched S5 E7, Walt definitely has anger issues. Wow

If I am Jesse I might be thinking Walt will come after me next.

I agree with this but Walt does have a little time before Jesse figures it out maybe? Remember Jesse told Mike "see ya around" when Mike was "retiring" and Mike explained that he was going away and would not be around. Of course it can always show up on the news and Jesse see it.