Armed Home Invader Shot in Face in Hoptown, KY

Saw it this morning as I was getting ready for work. Couldn't believe the wife opened the door that late at night. Some people just don't frickin' get it.

My wife knows to let me get the door if someone comes a-pounding on it.

Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 2

I'm glad this ended well but as others have said, what was this woman thinking?

I'm not against helping someone who needs it so if one of my neighbors that I know comes knocking for help I'm going to answer (even than I'll be armed) but if I don't know you and I'm not expecting you I'm not going to open the door; PERIOD.

We had an incident in my neighborhood with a "kid" (very late teens) knocking on doors around 9PM ostensibly to sell magazines; we called the police and they arrested for drug paraphernalia and apparently he already had a record for burglary. In the past couple of years we've started a Neighborhood Watch program and thankfully, some folks have been educated about what to do and what not to do and it's made a difference in the amount of break-ins, etc.

Aside from our revolving-door justice system, I think that one of the major causes of crime is the stupidity of victims.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Having moved from a rougher side of town and being broken into 2 months after moving there, we are suspcious of everyone. We don't open the door unless we are expecting someone. We'll peep out a side window to see if it is a neighbor or someone we know that just dropped by randomly, but if we don't recognize them - we aren't opening, regardless of time of day.

Back door at close to 11pm? I hate to think of the conversation I would have had with the wife if that happened at my place. Just like DaddyO said, some people just don't get it.

Having moved from a rougher side of town and being broken into 2 months after moving there, we are suspcious of everyone. We don't open the door unless we are expecting someone. We'll peep out a side window to see if it is a neighbor or someone we know that just dropped by randomly, but if we don't recognize them - we aren't opening, regardless of time of day.

Back door at close to 11pm? I hate to think of the conversation I would have had with the wife if that happened at my place. Just like DaddyO said, some people just don't get it.

RE: The converstation.

I think after witnessing someone get shot in the face right in front of my wife I'd just have to look at her and say, "Do I need say more?"

Armed Home invader shot in face . . .

It might be obvious to all concerned, but another name for this is "head shot."

Good. It might give pause to other low-lifes contemplating a life of criminal home invasion.

Yeah, would have been better if he were dead. I'm sure the tax payer will be footing his medical bills to get him fixed up so he can try this again with success. The fact he was armed tells me he had sinister plans. Maybe he'll find Jesus now and talk other low life wastes of oxygen out of the criminal life or something. Or maybe he'll try this again at a household where they follow up their shots with an extra couple rounds. Either way would be a happy ending.

• Like 1
Guest sventvkg

Double tap to face just to make sure. I don't want the guy coming back a year later waiting to ambush my wife or me. If you shoot em, make sure they are dead :)

Guest robin.kempton

A knock at my door at 10:30 pm and you'll be greeted by my Remington 887 shotgun. What was going through her mind answering the door at that time of night. Honey...we gotta talk!

Edited by robin.kempton