Olympic winner waves 2 different country flags

Guest CCI

Guest 6.8 AR

I'm not going to beat this to death, but, didn't he represent the USA in the Olympics? Heritage is one thing, where

you are now a citizen and representing a country is quite another. It's just bad taste and form. Political speech was

inappropriate where he conveyed it.

TMF is exactly right.

It's the principle of it. If you're there representing a team/country it is inappropriate to do. Imagine if the Titans made it to the Superbowl and won and the QB dons apparel from his state of record rather than Tennessee. I know I'd feel that was a big FU. If you want to represent that state, go to their team. Same applies here. He was representing the US, not Mexico. If he represented Mexico and was waving around a US Flag upon winning I'm sure Mexicans would be outraged.

I don't think that he should have a medal stripped or anything, but he doesn't deserve my respect.

I agree. I wasnt talking about the behavior of the Olympian, I was "justifying" the fact that Mexicans fly the Mexican flag off their front porch.

As to the matter of the Olympian, it's not the behavior I would expect from someone representing any country.

On a more positive note, did anyone catch the Jamaican athlete stopping an interview with a Chineese reporter to show respect for our National Anthem? I missed it but heard about it from family, that I think is a very tasteful way to show respect for any country.

If someone's first gun happened to be a Colt, his father's first gun was a Colt and the only guns his grandfather ever owned were Colts but that person went on to compete in shooting competitions on a professional level and was solely and 100% sponsored by Smith and Wesson then I wonder how S&W would feel if, upon winning some sort of national or international shooting title, the shooter held up a 'Colt' banner along with the 'S&W' banner? I imagine that S&W would feel pretty betrayed and would likely immediately yank their sponsorship. And they would be 100% justified (and right, IMO) in doing so.

That is what should happen, here - his U.S. 'sponsorship' to be in future Olympics should be yanked.