Ever win anything?

Guest FIST

I won a plane ride in a Mitchell B-25 WWII Bomber off of a $5 ticket at an airshow several years ago. I was thrilled to give the ride to my son and he had a blast. The pictures and video he took were very interesting.

The bomber was called the Pacific Prowler. Very few are still flying today. Here's a link to the website if you want to take a look.

http://www.b25.org/index.html

I won a plane ride in a Mitchell B-25 WWII Bomber off of a $5 ticket at an airshow several years ago. I was thrilled to give the ride to my son and he had a blast. The pictures and video he took were very interesting.

The bomber was called the Pacific Prowler. Very few are still flying today. Here's a link to the website if you want to take a look.

http://www.b25.org/index.html

I was doing some volunteer work with the military at a weekend air show once. While on break my friend and I were climbing around inside a B-25 Bomber and the pilot happened to come on board. He told us we had to get off because they were about to do a fly-by for the spectators. I looked him in the eye and said, "why don't you just let us go with you"? He said he couldn't do that. I then said that we were both in the military and explained that he would't have any liability if the plane crashed (we'd all likely die anyway). He reluctantly agreed to let us stay on board.

It was a great experience. We flew along side another B-25 Bomber for several miles doing fly-by's over the crowd at the airport. We then headed north and I crawled up into one of the gun turrets. I quickly noticed that we were fixing to fly directly over my sisters house. I pulled the cell phone out of my pocket and told her to get herself and the kids outside now! It was extremely loud inside the plane. She asked what the hell all that noise was and I said to look up at the two WWII planes flying overhead and told her I was inside one of them. I could see her and the kids outside.

That was one heck of a good experience. I'll never forget it.

I also flew in a C-45 Warbird once when I was about 13. I got to fly in the cockpit along side the pilot. The best part was that he let me take the stick for a bit. That was cool. I definitely bragged about that one. Not many people can say they "flew" a WWII aircraft.

Edited by Seabeejason

Wow, can't beat Seabeejason's story. But here's mine.

Won races all the time when I was in Elementary school. I was a fast little bugger. Also won several spelling bees. I think I even got a trophy one year.

As far as luck rather than skill...

My wife won $5000 about 11 years ago in WIVK's "Birthday Bucks". Unfortunately, she was only my girlfriend at the time, so I had no say as to where it was spent. I would have paid off bills...

Won $9 playing the Powerball once. Lady at the Amoco tried to bilk me by saying it was a $3 ticket.

Won $75 in Reno. I took my wife to a business meeting to make it a mini vacation. One day we were standing on an upper level watching people play slots. One machine kept paying off every few "pulls". After the meeting, I went to that machine and played a few bucks. Ended up clearing 75 bucks. I think we broke even, because my wife was having a ball playing all the games and probably lost about that much. Even though I'm not a big gambler, I didn't begrudge her that because she was having fun.

I've found that we make our own fortunes. The last few years, I've been keeping company with entrepreneurs and successful people. I've learned to make wise financial decisions. I've tried to drag some of my friends with me toward better financial success. Part of my journey involves helping others on theirs. Some listen, some don't. I still have some unsecured debt, but I'm confident that it will be gone by the middle of next year (barring total economic collapse, but it wouldn't matter then anyway).

Will

Guest TankerHC

I havent really won anything noteworthy. But about 18 months ago my wifes cousin won $125,000 on a Jumbp Bucks TN Scratch off. Then, 6 months later, his mother (My wifes Aunt), went to buy some gas. The station was out of regular, so she went to another station and while she was fueling up bought a Jumbo Bucks and won anther $125,000

Guest TankerHC

Back in 90 when I was stationed at Fort Carson, 10 of us NCO's got together and bought 100 lottery tickets. We put them in the 1SG's office safe, first we recorded the numbers so there wouldnt be any cheating. But the recorded numbers were held by our CO, so no one knew what they were. Back then Colorado Lottery was only 1 Million dollar prize per week. Day after the lottery we all gather in the Orderly Room, top pulls out the tickets and I start going through them. Halfway through, on one ticket, 1st number through 5th numbers matched. Everyone was flipping out. One SSG even jumped for joy and did a backflip. Last number, no match. Prize was 500 dollars, split 10 ways after taxes. Not one of the other 99 tickets was even a 3 dollar winner, nothing. Just the 500.

I think an experience like the B-25 flight would be nice. The history and nostalgia of something like that is tough to beat.

A little back story, I don't really care if I have 2 bucks or 200,000. I just never had any money so I'm used to it. The wife on the other hand is like Scrooge. If she could (or had enough) get a bunch of cash changed to coins and fill a tub, she'd take a dip :) With the power ball so high right now my wife says to me "Wouldn't it be great to win and be able to do whatever we want?". I told her I do that now, she says no really. So I told her I would want to live on the moon, since powerball isn't enough it wouldn't do me any good. Her reply was "If we lived on the moon your Chick-Fil-A would be cold by the time we got back with it"

She's an awesome woman, now if I could get her to surprise me with a new pistol.

She's an awesome woman, now if I could get her to surprise me with a new pistol.

No telling how much it'd cost to get a new pistol shipped to the moon :D

Funny story, btw...sounds like something mine would say. For a creatures with more shoes than sense sometimes, they have their moments don't they?

No telling how much it'd cost to get a new pistol shipped to the moon :D

Funny story, btw...sounds like something mine would say. For a creatures with more shoes than sense sometimes, they have their moments don't they?

I guess I just need my FFL and then become the first "Inter planetary" Gun store :)