Ever win anything?

Guest FIST

Raffles , loto, door prizes etc..

My biggest score was a $200 scratcher about 10 years ago, don't win much of anything. I don't enter into a bunch of contest any way, that could be part of it.

My step mother on the other hand used to win a ton of stuff. She worked for a fire arms wholesaler and would win fire arms, baseball tickets, and even a four wheeler one time.

Not sure where the luck is at. For the record I count myself lucky for my wife and children, but they seem to just drain money :)

Raffles , loto, door prizes etc..

My biggest score was a $200 scratcher about 10 years ago, don't win much of anything. I don't enter into a bunch of contest any way, that could be part of it.

My step mother on the other hand used to win a ton of stuff. She worked for a fire arms wholesaler and would win fire arms, baseball tickets, and even a four wheeler one time.

Not sure where the luck is at. For the record I count myself lucky for my wife and children, but they seem to just drain money :)

When I was much younger I was a security guard on the 3rd shift. It was awesome being a student, 'cause I could do all my homework on the clock in the radio room watching cameras. I had a radio in there that I kept on and would call in on the very early morning radio shows to compete in contests. We also had a station that would do the "100th caller wins" stuff in the middle of the night. I would compete in these almost everyday and won all kinds of concert tickets and crap that I didn't need over the course of a year. Half the time I would opt not to claim the prize 'cause it wasn't worth the trip into the city. If it was a good concert or movie premier I'd go. Other than that, I've never played the lotto or scratch off stuff because it is overwhelmingly bad odds. Never seemed logical to dump money into that stuff.

I've never won anything but a good swift kick in the butt.

I too have been the recipient of that distinguished award many a time.

I won an enormous stuffed animal once when I was probably ten or so at a church raffle. The thing was easily 4' and took up the better part of the back seat of the van on the way home. Didn't care too much for it so when my parents suggested donating it to the local childrens burn ward off it went.

When I was thirteen I managed to win one of those band mirrors at a carnival. Def Lepard baby!

Same year I earned/won a marksman first class medal in Civil Air Patrol.

I think thats about it.

I used to win dial in radio stuff, concenrt tickets, prizes, and such. One of the best was not even worth much, it was an ice-cream kit, you got 1/2 carton of your favorite, 4 fancy glass dishes, and about 10 cool toppings to play with. Value was like $20 tops, but that one was a load of fun (I think most of the toppings lasted out 3 or 4 cartons before we used it all up).

Once won a AM/FM stereo system with (bunch of fancy features!!!). It turned out to be a "walkman" that was just a radio, no tape player even (pre CD days), value maybe $10. That was depressing and funny all at once, to win something that sounded so nice on paper and turning out to be junk.

Over the years, I have won a lot of small prizes like those, never anything worth more than say $50 tops in todays dollars.

At a technology conference I won 2 things, a $125 video card for a computer and a $50 amex gift card. Before that I have never won anything really, and I think those 2 items in the same day sucked up all my "winning luck" for many years to come.

Edited by nysos

I won a rabbit in kindergarden.

Now my wife won a $1000 in a contest when she was a travel agent. It was a secret shopper type contest. Carnival Cruise lines would send someone to a travel agent and say I have this budget and want to go on a vacation, what do you recommend. If the agent suggested a cruise with carnival and sold it well, the secret shopper would give the agent $1000 on the spot.

I won a Gen 4 Glock 17 in a drawing for the RSO volunteers at last year's GSSF match. A couple of years back I won a trip to NC to attend a defensive handgun class put on by The Sportsman Channel along with a $150 pair of Peltor electronic muffs and some free tactical clothing and gear. Right after that I won a free holster of my choice from High Noon Holsters in a Christmas drawing over on CZFirearms.com

I guess good luck comes in 3's for me, b/c I'd never won anything prior to that.

Edited by BigK

I'm sure glad you asked!

In 1977 I won a raffle for a 12" black & white TV. It must have been fixed!

In 2010 my wife won a $50.00 scratch off I gave her $2.00 to buy, and didn't even get my $2.00 back!

It's a historical fact some people have all the luck. Then there is me?

No! I take it all back...

I've won more free two and three day vacations for TWO in the mail than I can shake a stick at. Dick Clark and Ed McMahon still promises to knock on my front door. I've entered 1,532,702 give aways advertised on TV and in the mail, and I'm out $5,320.00 in postage. Still WAITING!

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Like 1

I won $460 at the Gold Strike in Tunica a few years ago. I had been doing good at blackjack all day and got up to leave for the trip home but on the way by some slot machines I decided to empty the loose bills from my pockets into a nickel slot machine. You could bet like 20x's the nickel. So on my second Max bet of a grand $2, I hit my little jackpot. I didn't even sit in the chair. Was just walking by. My friend had lost a bit at the tables and was pissed. Haha

many mango seasons ago when i lived in miami i won a honda motorcycle on a one dollar ticket from cutler ridge honda. i went in to get a new lid and a saleman pushed a ticket at me. for one dollar no big deal. several weeks later i get the call that i won. i showed up on my bike (see picture left) to claim the new honda.

many mango seasons ago when i lived in miami i won a honda motorcycle on a one dollar ticket from cutler ridge honda. i went in to get a new lid and a saleman pushed a ticket at me. for one dollar no big deal. several weeks later i get the call that i won. i showed up on my bike (see picture left) to claim the new honda.

That's funny!!! What'd you do, sell it to buy some more chrome and a set of louder pipes?

I won the Powerball a couple times. Too bad it was just a couple bucks though.

I remember one time I picked all my own Powerball numbers on five tickets. I got 5 out of 6 numbers right, but they were spread evenly across the 5 tickets :cry: