New Gary Johnson Ad: You ARE Libertarian!

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

After all of the posts for Ron Paul you have now switched to Gary Johnson? Loyalty doesn't rate high for you, does it? :rofl:

Loyalty to ideas is more important. Both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are putting out nearly the same message. Chances are Ron Paul will not get nomination, so that leaves me with one choice come November. That choice is Gary Johnson.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

After all of the posts for Ron Paul you have now switched to Gary Johnson? Loyalty doesn't rate high for you, does it? :rofl:

He's been posting videos of Gary Johnson for quite a while now, so I'm not understanding your assertion.

Even if that were not the case, is it not allowed for someone to change their mind? Sheesh.

Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 2

Loyalty to ideas is more important. Both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are putting out nearly the same message. Chances are Ron Paul will not get nomination, so that leaves me with one choice come November. That choice is Gary Johnson.

Well, good luck with that.
  • Like 1

He's been posting videos of Gary Johnson for quite a while now, so I'm not understanding your assertion.

Even if that were not the case, is it not allowed for someone to change their mind? Sheesh.

Why would you need to understand my assertion? He understood it. Lighten up, Francis! :rofl:

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

I don't see the contradiction. Libertarians as best I can see from watching the party a couple of decades, are not personality-driven on choice of politicians. It is the ideas/principles. There are contentions for nominations, but the candidate is mainly the figurehead to put forth the principles. Maybe that is a reason the party has trouble getting critical mass. In addition to intentional press blackouts. Tiny little pressure groups get more press than the libertarian party.

Bless its pointy head, libertarian conventions look like meetings of ordinary people, laid-back and tending more than a little nerdy. Not the circus spectaculars of the D and R conventions. Here is a few hours CSPAN of the 2012 convention--

http://www.c-spanvid...rogram/305766-1

Edited by Lester Weevils

I'm a very proud non-libertarian...I'm a conservative. It's my opinion/observation that conservatives and libertarians share some, perhaps even many views but certainly not all and the views where they are at odds tend to be significant (and irreconcilable).

I think one of the major reasons why true libertarians have never gained real ground politically; there just aren't enough of them. I would also suggest that if you remove all labels of any kind and survey people and their views, issue by issue, I believe you will find that far more would wind up being identified as conservative, not libertarians or liberal/progressive.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I bet there are far more of you that actually land in between conservative and libertarian (issue to issue) than you want to admit.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

I bet there are far more of you that actually land in between conservative and libertarian (issue to issue) than you want to admit.

I used to think I was conservative, but have realized in the past year that I fall between the two with strong libertarian leanings.

I would love to see a moratorium on ALL political videos until after the election - I've see so many touting RP/GJ that I would have a difficult time voting for either of them even if I otherwise would have.

I don't purport to speak for Dale Carnegie but I think he would probably think that beating people over the head with these videos is not the way to influence people to your candidate. :)

• Like 1

I won't argue with that first part. I am actually a centrist according to the "tests" that people like to post once in a while. I'm also a realist. I got on the Ross Perot bandwagon full tilt and watched the country elect a lying sex addict for a president, and even re-elect same. There are many things that I agree with RP on, (foreign policy is NOT one of them), but the 60% of disenfranchised voters cannot/will not get off their collective butts and vote...period! No one has been a competent enough leader to get them to do so: therefore, I will continue to vote for the lesser of two evils until that person comes along.
Guest Lester Weevils

I would love to see a moratorium on ALL political videos until after the election - I've see so many touting RP/GJ that I would have a difficult time voting for either of them even if I otherwise would have.

I don't purport to speak for Dale Carnegie but I think he would probably think that beating people over the head with these videos is not the way to influence people to your candidate. :)

So the superpac millions spent on Romney ads over the next couple of months, combined with a full-frontal 24/7 pro-Romney assault on Fox news and talk radio-- That kind of wanton gratuitous overexposure won't repel you from voting Romney--

HOWEVER, occasional internet GJ videos (which no one even has to watch unless they intentionally click the play button) are so excessive that they would drive a fella crazy? How does that even make sense?

By that logic, the way to elect GJ is for libertarians to swamp all forums with rabid Pro-Romney and Pro-Obama videos. All the excessive Pro-Romney and Pro-Obama videos will make people so pissed at Romney and Obama that they will vote GJ out of spite? :)

Edited by Lester Weevils

I bet you would be wrong.

If you were right, the Libertarian party candidates would not be a perpetual also-ran in most elections.

I don't know about that. Many people just don't want to throw their votes away and see people like Oblamo voted into office. If there was a viable third party candidate I'd vote for him/her. Tom Clancy wrote in one of his novels about the President, congress, and supremes all dying from a Japanese pilot crashing a fully fueled 747 into the capital during the State of The Union Address, and the character Ryan became president. He made a lot of changes that I would have agreed with had it been reality. That's pretty much the only viable way to get a 3rd party into the whitehouse, but don't forget you'd also need a third party congress to boot.

No one's making you watch them. :)