Glock17 sights?

Paletiger13

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest odfanatic

I'm a fan of plain Jane meprolights or Trijicons. I have Trijicon standards on my Glock 26 and Meprolights on my Glock 23. I think the Meprolights come standard when night sights are ordered from Glock, but I could be wrong. I have a Glock 17 with Truglo Tru Fiberoptics on it and I regret buying those. I intend to it put Trijicon standards on the 17 when I have enough free dough.

http://www.trijicon....bntns.php?mid=8 My first choice...

http://www.meproligh...E-C9D549B220F5} My second choice...

http://www.truglo.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;item?ItemCode=5600-00-0131GT1?company=TGI I regret putting these on my G17. Some folks might like'em, but not for me... I refuse to adapt to the sight picture.

Edited by odfanatic
Guest BungieCord

XS Big Dots. The glue wasn't even dry on the Heinie Straight Eights before I discovered the Big Dots, but I swapped them all for Big Dots as soon as the dealer could get them in stock.

I have a set of 24/7 Big Dots I put on my Glock 17 a short while ago. It took all of 15 minutes, and I'm no mechanical genius in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

I have less than 600 round behind them, but shot an IDPA Match last weekend with the Big Dot 17 and was quite pleased. They'll be going on my 19 & 26 in the future.

Good Luck.

I have a set of 24/7 Big Dots I put on my Glock 17 a short while ago. It took all of 15 minutes, and I'm no mechanical genius in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

I have less than 600 round behind them, but shot an IDPA Match last weekend with the Big Dot 17 and was quite pleased. They'll be going on my 19 & 26 in the future.

Good Luck.

I'm hoping to get a call shortly from the gunsmith telling me my XS Big Dots are installed on my Kimber CDPII. So I can try them out on my monthly IDPA match this Saturday. I'd hate to order a set for my Glock 26 right now and find out they're not for me.

I'm hoping to get a call shortly from the gunsmith telling me my XS Big Dots are installed on my Kimber CDPII. So I can try them out on my monthly IDPA match this Saturday. I'd hate to order a set for my Glock 26 right now and find out they're not for me.

Excellent Dennis. I hope you'll let us know what you think of them.

While I readily admit they aren't for everyone, I think it's more a matter of a "sight-use-paradigm shift" than their purported inherent inaccuracy.

A buddy on mine put a set on his Glock 19 a bit after I put my set on my 17. He & I have both shot a couple of IDPA matches with them, as well shooting some 6" steel at 20 yards...no great feat...but not hard to get decent hits at a bit of distance. And at close range...bad breath to 10 yards?... Just put the big old dot where you want the round to go and press.

I'm not 100% sold on them as the greatest thing since sliced bread, and plan to shoot some USPSA matches with them, as well as continue to do some practice and training with 'em.

But so far I'm like them.

I'm looking forward to your impressions of them.