Look at what Tim Calhoun gunsmithing did to my M & P!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will get so more pictures, i just told him what i wanted, and he did it. i have the Limited gun for a few years, and wanted the open gun to have the same slide cuts, plus i told him to come up with a idea to do something with front sight dove tail.

the sight is a leupold Deta Point melted into the slide. the barrel is a KKM with the Carver threads with a Carver minor brake . it has a 2.5# trigger with the travel stops. no parts kit and factory springs. all the others have a 2.75# trigger.

the mag well is a brass from SSS. i wish they still made the bigger brass one. Bobby Carver says if can ever get caught up with current demand, he will get try and get his M & P magwell finished.

RWF,

Magiccarpetrides and I both sent a Hi Power to Tim. We are having adjustable Novak rears with Novak FO fronts installed.

He's cutting dovetail's in the slides. Magic is having some slide cuts down like yours. I want to have mine flat topped with serration's if it can be done.

I only did the slide cuts for the open gun.

:)

you say that like its not the most awesome feature of that gun! that is one awesome m&p RWC! and awesome work Tim! My slide just hit your doorstep todayTim, im looking forward to your work!

RWF,

Magiccarpetrides and I both sent a Hi Power to Tim. We are having adjustable Novak rears with Novak FO fronts installed.

He's cutting dovetail's in the slides. Magic is having some slide cuts down like yours. I want to have mine flat topped with serration's if it can be done.

sorry to heard that you and magic are friends! :(

no not really, :) he has helped me before on buying a couple of scopes from me. you both will have to post some pictures.

there is one thing i do not like about it, i know my hands are shakey, worst than ever these days, but DXXN!!!! that red dot can be all over the place, the mounting screws must be loose!

RWF, that looks like hell, ya NEED to send it to me for testing, be sure to send a few 100 rounds to do a GOOD test.

JK, JK, JK!!!

That looks GOOD, very nice work, got any range time on it yet?

No, just got all the parts, in a few days ago, got a rough zero, still working on what to feed it, do not reload but do have a ammo sponsor, or more of a discounter, but it all helps, the factory 115 are to bouncy, 124 are nice, and so are the 147's. it is looking like full power 147's for now anyway. Tactical Ammo will load what i request, but all there 124 loads are higher end, loaded with gold dot, nolser and the like.

i will be at NTPS this weekend most likely Sunday, with it. i do not have much time the Pro/Am is in just a couple of weeks. if you are there you are welcome to give it a try. it is nice shooting, but does not stay as level (the slide up and down from recoil) as a 2011, but even as is it half the price or less.

and thanks!

well got use it at 2 matches this weekend, i shot as a secound gun for no score at the henry county IDPA. a little slow on the draw til my real holser gets here. few of the guys wanted to try it out while i playing with the shotgun in there steel bay, there made to be 10-15 standing line for there turn. it was the IDPA idea of a speed stage about 7 targets witha non threat in the middle at 45 deree line one to the body and one to the head. use my open m & p and a few had under 2 second runs. and they all use there ammo. from factory 115-160 green bayou bullets.

today i did USPSA it went well but spent to much time dot hunting, Brad a Grand Master shoot it super fast keeping all the shoots in the "A" no more than 3" apart

and it ran with no isses!

WOO! HOO!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tim,

Do you have any pics of what you can or have done to a Glock. I have a spare 17L,17, 19 & 26 sitting here looking so "plain."

Great M&Ps and of course the 1911s I have been looking at from the postings.

Craig in Clarksville

I have not done those type of cuts to a glock, but it would be pretty much the same deal. We are only limited by our imaginations as to what we can do. :) I would be happy to dress one up for you.

Tim