Birthdays

So, I am another year older today. I have always thought of birthdays as a time for reflection over the past year to look at your accomplishments and failures, what you could have done better, and what you couldn't have done better. I enjoyed a subdued birthday, spending the entire day with family and friends. As I sat at dinner looking across the table at my oldest friend, I suddenly realized how old he has become. His wife, who went to high school with us, is no spring chicken, either. How they got this old overnight, I have no clue, especially while I have remained so youthful.

Anyway, after they turned in early (indicative of old folks), I had time to sit and reflect on my accomplishments, and the things I have been able to do in my young life. It was hard to believe that so many things could have been done in 25 years. As I mention to my wife that she has married a serious overachiever, she gives me an odd look. Could be that she looks very old to be 7 years younger than me. Wow, she should get better sleep and nutrition, because she looks like she's 30.

As I climbed out of the shower just a few minutes ago, I realized that the man looking out of the mirror back at me didn't look very much like a young man, either. Thinning hair where thick brown was , chubby paunch where a firm, flat stomach was this morning. There is gray in the raggedy stubble left from not shaving this morning..... Obviously, my wife and friends have tried to play a horrible trick with one of those stupid circus mirrors. Why, it made me look like I was 37..... wait a darn minute.....Nahhhhh, can't be.

Man, I love being 25.

I think I can remember being 37, but 25? Naw, I was never 25! In fact, some days I'm pretty sure I was already 40 years old when I was born because memories before that are vague at best and non-existant at worse.

Happy birthday, you young pup!

40??? Holy Cow!

My wife (and my own mother, of all people) are still trying to convince me that I am not, in fact, 25 years old. I am beginning to thing that there is a massive governmental conspiracy behind all of these people trying to tell me I am 37. No doubt, it is to break me down and make me question my own sanity to turn me in to a Manchurian candidate type. It is, after all, election year......

Edited by Good_Steward

Don't complain too much, I almost didn't make it to 33 last year. Have decided anything from her eon out is borrowed time so I'm gonna enjoy the #### out of it, even if I am hobbling around on a cane now!

Happy B-day and hope you have 100 more lol

• Like 1

Hmph, I'm 34 going on 85. I despise birthdays. It just reminds me that nothing works like it used to and next year, it'll be worse. Enjoy your 20's. You won't get them back. Take care of yourself NOW while you still can. For some of us, it's too little too late. Getting old ain't for wimps. Being a wimp myself, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Hmph, I'm 34 going on 85. I despise birthdays. It just reminds me that nothing works like it used to and next year, it'll be worse. Enjoy your 20's. You won't get them back. Take care of yourself NOW while you still can. For some of us, it's too little too late. Getting old ain't for wimps. Being a wimp myself, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I just hit 33 last month...in my head I'm still the same fit, functional 22 year old guy I was once. What's really neat is how my brain loves having all the wisdom I've gained since, but refuses to acknowledge we've aged in any other respect. Then I get out of a chair and my busted-ass hip reminds me what's what. On the plus side, I don't look a day over 31. Caster, on the other hand...I've seen him once. He looks very wise.