Tucson executive loses job after confronting Chick-fil-A worker

Guest No Ammo

Guest No Ammo

http://www.latimes.c...0,5061379.story

By Laura Hautala

August 2, 2012, 4:09 p.m.

Video Here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub_6mdKuzaE

Arizona resident Adam Smith thought he was doing good by taking a video of himself confronting a Chick-fil-A employee in the drive-thru lane Wednesday.

“Chick-fil-A is a hateful company,†Smith said to the employee in the video, which is still up on YouTube under

accounts.

But his employer, Tucson medical equipment manufacturer Vante, saw it differently. Vante has announced that Smith, formerly the chief financial officer and treasurer, no longer works there.

“We respect the right of our employees and all Americans to hold and express their personal opinions,†said a statement from the company. “However, we also expect our company officers to behave in a manner commensurate with their position and in a respectful fashion that conveys these values of civility with others.â€

The video shows the Chick-fil-A employee responding to Smith’s statements by saying, “I’m really uncomfortable that you’re video taping,†and, “It’s a pleasure to serve you, always.â€

Smith said that by taking free water from the Chick-fil-A drive thru, he hoped he was taking money away from hate groups.

“I don’t know how you stand it,†Smith said to the employee. “This is a horrible corporation with horrible values.â€

After the employee wished Smith a nice day, he responded, “I will. I just did something really good. I feel purposeful.â€

An account for Vante Chief Financial Officer Adam Smith is no longer available on professional networking site LinkedIn.

Edited by No Ammo

What an idiot. He makes a youtube video of himself confronting a girl that makes minimum wage and he feels purposeful? If he wanted to feel purposeful he could have taken the money he used to buy his camera and donated it to a worthy cause. Have fun collecting unemployment jackhole.

Edited by wewoapsiak
  • Like 4

Wewoapsiak, hit the nail on the head with that first line. Regardless of your views, the workers are just that, workers. With this bad economy most are happy to even have a job. I really don't like my job but I won't risk it because I need it.

I figure that Girl in the drive though window is probably going to be the new face of CFA if she wants it. She really handled herself very well.

• Like 3

Moron gets what he deserved. Justice done.

The young lady was very professional and courteous in spite of this douchenozzle.

How did someone so hopelessly STUPID ever land a job as CFO?

Edited by DaddyO

It’s a shame if that girl can’t take legal action against him for putting that video on the net.

His apology video is pathetic. I support Vante in firing him, you are held to a higher standard as a company executive. Unfortunately I suspect he will sue them.

It’s a shame if that girl can’t take legal action against him for putting that video on the net.

His apology video is pathetic. I support Vante in firing him, you are held to a higher standard as a company executive. Unfortunately I suspect he will sue them.

For a company like that I'm sure there is an ethics clause or something in his contract. People get fired all the time for running their suck while off the clock.

His apology video was anything but an apology. How can that ass clown apologize and then go on a 6 minute rant about how he was "just so angry"?

I say F him, I just hope his family doesn't suffer because of his stupidity.

He deserved it, and good thing he was fired. One, the girl working at CFA has no control over what they do with their profits, and at least she's working. Very much unlike the idiot taking time from working to go yell at an employee. If you're an executive at a company you should be the model person to represent the company, not act like this guy. It makes the company look bad. I know if I did this and my boss found out I would be gone the second I stepped foot back in the office.

But this is how most of them act - like spoiled brats. If someone disagrees with their lifestyle, they pitch a damned fit.

I can't STAND the entitlement mindset.

As I've said on here many times, I know lots of homos. Through this whole chicken mess, two of my gay friends posted in support of CFA on Facebook. None of them posted against. All the noise was coming out of straight Libtards as their "outrage" of the week. I started telling them several days ago, if you ain't gay AND pissed, STFU.

What I'm sayin', this guy was most likely just an idiot liberal following his politics. They're not happy unless they're bashing something.

So let me get this straight...this presumably busy executive waited in line all that time behind paying customers with more undoubtedly behind him and he actually thinks his free water is going to harm CFA? They lost more money in wasted napkins and ketchup in the past 10 minutes than his silly cup of water costs. I can't believe this guy earned a business degree from somewhere.

What would be icing on the cake would be for CFA to offer him an accounting job publicly. They've been keeping the moral high ground through all of this so far pretty well.

Any one else find it suspicious at the end of his video where he has to point out that he is not gay himself? Thought that was a little funny. If he is so tolerant why is he worried about whether or not she thinks he's gay? Hmmmm...

Guest bkelm18

But this is how most of them act - like spoiled brats. If someone disagrees with their lifestyle, they pitch a damned fit.

I can't STAND the entitlement mindset.

I've seen enough grown men throw hissy fits on this forum to know homos don't have a monopoly on entitlement. Nor do they have the monopoly on people who make puerile broad generalizations. :)

Edited by bkelm18

I've seen enough grown men throw hissy fits on this forum to know homos don't have a monopoly on entitlement. Nor do they have the monopoly on people who make puerile broad generalizations. :)

You're right, they don't. I'm just basing that on my own observations.

I've seen you make your own broad generalizations, my friend, so don't try to kid me into thinking you're as pure as the driven snow.

Guest TankerHC

What an idiot. He makes a youtube video of himself confronting a girl that makes minimum wage and he feels purposeful? If he wanted to feel purposeful he could have taken the money he used to buy his camera and donated it to a worthy cause. Have fun collecting unemployment jackhole.

He was fired, shouldnt be able to collect unemployment. And now that his assinine actions are out there for the world to see, maybe Chik-Fil-A will hire him, or McDonalds, because he sure shouldnt and probably wont be hired by another company with a brand to protect.