"The most honest 3 1/2 min" video; please discuss.

That should be a reality check for some. I saw that first episode a few weeks ago. Powerful way to open a show. I think that America is still a great country, but it is filled with lousy, self absorbed, lazy and hateful people with no compassion or vision for the furture. You get what you put out there.

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 1
Guest Ceolas

My main issue with the show is that they portray themselves as moderate centrists and even have the main character say more than once that he is a 'Registered Republican'.

But every issue and attack they have followed so far have been against conservative parties and groups.

Guest 6.8 AR

My main issue with the show is that they portray themselves as moderate centrists and even have the main character say more than once that he is a 'Registered Republican'.

But every issue and attack they have followed so far have been against conservative parties and groups.

And you're right. There is an underlying theme.

The beginning segment is a powerful one and all the things he said are mostly correct, but it is an attack on the very freedoms and

aspirations he speaks of, in the end. He is trying to blend back classic liberalism into what they claim to be today. Hanoi Jane is enough

to keep me from watching the show, because I know she will get her politics deeply embedded in it.

It's Hollywood.

Regardless, I like his high horse, but I know what is powering it. That is the kind of thing s they say, while claiming they were the ones

who made it, when they were the very ones who have been Hell bent on destroying it.

Guest 6.8 AR

The only thing that's sad is the stupidity of this country. We did it to ourselves. We deserve what we get.

It's easy, but true that we did it to ourselves, but it's the way we did it that really matters.

The segment itself does strike a chord and pretty much describes our country as is today.

Im only 31 so I dont think I ever got to enjoy the "Good" Old days maybe before I was old eneogh to understand the freedoms we were loosing left and right

I was born in 81 so to me the first major freedom to be lost was "Reagans" Gun Ban and I never new I lost it till I was old enough for my dad to say Nope them are illegal now when I asked about getting a Tommy Gun like my papaw had .

Then it started slowly feeling as if I was loosing freedoms at a young age all the way to now . I remember other kids wearing the baggy clothes in school and because certain people didnt like what they wore we all had to start wearing uniforms etc. To me even though I was a minor I still saw that as my freedom of expression just thrown in the trash.

I remember loosing all kind of freedoms all the way up to the present day which includes the right for an adult to make his/her own decision about personal matters such as wearing A seatbelt , It has really gotten ridiculous nowdays we have to petition our representatives to strike down a vote on internet or guns or whatever only to have another one apear we have republicans and democrates playing golf and eating lunches together like best friends then acting like enemys in front of the camera and almost the entire population falls for it "Its called divide and conquer " and once you see it for what it is you just cant Unsee it anymore . Our presidents bring forth garbage like the Patriot act . and The NDAA and we do nothing about it "well some people protest " but nobody cares anymore about the protesters .I am sure you can look up how a returning Veteran who declares he supports the constitution is considered a possible terrorist by the NSA, CIA, FBI etc. and it just makes me sick, There are Many many other things that disgust me about this "Once great land" but Ill just leave it at that / Rant

Edited by plank white

But how many people will hear it? Not just listen, but hear what is said. That's a huge problem today, people listen but don't hear. Maybe vice versa, I don't know, It's been a long day.