Homeless man found with "huge" cache of guns...

OMG! Look at this HUGE cache of guns and 5,800 rounds of ammo in a car in San Fran. (Look closely at the photo of the "cache.")

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/08/01/homeless-man-found-with-weapons-cache-list-of-names-in-sf-golden-gate-park/

"

San Francisco Police displayed an array of high power weapons and ammunition Wednesday that were found in a homeless man’s car last month in Golden Gate Park."

I suppose a BB gun is "High Powered" in CA.

"

When police found a huge cache of guns, knives, a shotgun, 5,800 rounds of ammunition and camouflage gear in Robert Johns’ car on July 21st it was thought they may have diverted some kind of planned attack."

Want to bet the ammo is .22?

• Like 1

what omg how do these looneys get let loose on the street The one with wood is an ak47 the other one is obiously an m16 and i bet he has high capacity magazines .Homeless people dont need assault rifles like that.

Edited by plank white
Guest rebeldrummer

what omg how do these looneys get let loose on the street The one with wood is an ak47 the other one is obiously an m16 and i bet he has high capacity magazines .Homeless people dont need assault rifles like that.

Your so right....that AK-47 he had should be in the hands of soldiers. On battlefields!

Snicker...snicker..........

Which one is the "short barreled rifle"? Kali law must be 26" or something?

Little deja vu there though -- in '68 I lived in my car in Golden Gate Park and the Haight for a couple of weeks. Just had one .22 pistola stashed, though. :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

OMG! Look at this HUGE cache of guns and 5,800 rounds of ammo in a car in San Fran. (Look closely at the photo of the "cache.")

http://sanfrancisco....lden-gate-park/

"

San Francisco Police displayed an array of high power weapons and ammunition Wednesday that were found in a homeless man’s car last month in Golden Gate Park."

I suppose a BB gun is "High Powered" in CA.

"

When police found a huge cache of guns, knives, a shotgun, 5,800 rounds of ammunition and camouflage gear in Robert Johns’ car on July 21st it was thought they may have diverted some kind of planned attack."

Want to bet the ammo is .22?

He has like 1 more gun that I do....

Edit:

I take that back...I have more guns than he does...that's a scope and not a gun.

Edited by wcsc12

If one is indeed a BB gun, I would not be surprised if part of the "5800 rds" were actually BBs. They seem to have a way exaggerating the magnitude of these situations. Note that the 5800 rds is not pictured, unless I missed it.

Edited by dats82

San Fransisco sucks, period. To the best of my knowledge there's no law against homeless people having guns, there is however laws about how any guns are carried. Pretty similar to how they have to be transported here without a carry permit. Guns and ammo must be in separate compartments of the vehicle. Glove box does not count as a separate compartment.

Now having said that, that's no California cache. At one time I had easily double that in a one bedroom apartment. Buddy of mine out there has close to two dozen with well over 10k rounds. Some of it preban evil, cop killing, baby scaring, armor piercing, military style ammunition.

It makes it hard to defend California the way it sits, but this isn't the mentality that the whole state shares. Just the loudest, most obnoxious faction.

Notice the media had to dig this up, it happened on July 21st, and reported on Aug. 1st?

,I want itemized ammo count. Since they are just giving a number, they don't seem very certain on their facts.

Notice that Black shot gun (possible rem .870) or similar does not even have an extended Mag Tube, it is probably limited to only 5 rounds.

EDIT, I didn't see the video until now, charged with having a short barrel rifle? That barrel appears to be at least 18 inches.

Edited by vontar

The stories talk about a “Sawed off shotgun†but there isn’t one in the pictures (that I see). I wonder what the “felony†charges are?

Johns has pleaded not guilty to eight felony charges and misdemeanor drug and weapon charges. He will return to court for his preliminary hearing Aug. 7, according to the Mercury News.

Note to self…. Don’t have a list of names when hauling a bunch of weapons in the car.

Myself and another member here went to the range one day. My Suburban was loaded to the max with rifles and handguns. I guess if someone would have seen it we would be making a trip to the mental hospital. biggrin.gif

Edited by DaveTN

The stories talk about a “Sawed off shotgun†but there isn’t one in the pictures (that I see). I wonder what the “felony†charges are?

Note to self…. Don’t have a list of names when hauling a bunch of weapons in the car.

Myself and another member here went to the range one day. My Suburban was loaded to the max with rifles and handguns. I guess if someone would have seen it we would be making a trip to the mental hospital. biggrin.gif

What if that list of names was just who he was planning to vote for? :D
  • Like 1