Homosexuality

Guest Angel 24/7

Guest Angel 24/7

I have known my best friend for 4 years. About 2 years ago he informed me he was gay. I love him before I knew he was gay & I will not give him up now that I know he is. He is one of the most wonderful people on earth & would do anything for anyone.

He didn't come out of the closet for so long because he was afraid of how society reacts. Just as they would judge fat people or Defects. It is not my place to judge, I don't neccesarily agree, but he will be judged by the man up stairs, he has to answer to him.

That is the great thing about this country we can all be different!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not my place to judge

No, it's perfectly OK and moral for you to judge - for you individually. The problem comes when we try to codify our religious views or prejudices to force those views on other people under penalty of law.

but he will be judged by the man up stairs, he has to answer to him.

I am curious is your God all loving? Why would this guy be judged for the way God made him?

You don't have to pretend it's okay, either.

Actually it is very OK, no pretending needed.

nothing wrong with a debate, there is no meaness being expressed. Just a argument over differing points of opinion. Heck if not for differing opinion I doubt this country would even exist.

And if it take a joke to open up discussion then the joke served a dual purpose.

if anyone wants my post removed get Eddie to do it.

What if pedophiles argued that they were 'born that way'? (I understand that some do)...

What is wrong is wrong, regardless of what everyone's opinion is.

Some righhts were God given, and some things are just wrong....Period

Homosexuality is a choice, not a birth defect.

I wasn't going to jump in on this thread, but hell, here I am. I really don't want to debate it, because my mind is closed on this subject. I have had 3 good friends become gay, during highschool and afterwards. I still love them, just not there choices.

Guest Angel 24/7

I think the joke is cute. I just put out my opinion. I have been in public with him & watched people treat him like is scum. Why ? They don't even know him.

Is God going to forgive me for being divorced forgive me for having sex before marring? Is He going to forgive all of us for destroying mother earth? I don't know!!! I didn't mean to upset anyone.

The joke was about homosexuals, why not debate it?

As far as born or choosing, He said when he was 11-12 years old when boys start getting excited, it was Batman not wonder women he was watching. So that is a debate that will cotinue for awhile!

I'm pretty sure he'll forgive us for what we've done to the earth, anyways... I mean, God has a history himself of destroying the earth once... and a promise to do it again. We're just small potatoes who delude ourselves by thinking that we actually have any real effect good or bad (hell, the other planets are warming up the same amount as the earth...). In the meantime, I'm loving my carbon footprint B).

I guess a more serious answer to the question is: Everybody has something to answer for (whether it's fornication or being cruel to fornicators)... so, the question is not whether we'll be forgiven, it's whether we want to be...

Guest Angel 24/7
I'm pretty sure he'll forgive us for what we've done to the earth, anyways... I mean, God has a history himself of destroying the earth once... and a promise to do it again. We're just small potatoes who delude ourselves by thinking that we actually have any real effect good or bad (hell, the other planets are warming up the same amount as the earth...). In the meantime, I'm loving my carbon footprint B).

I guess a more serious answer to the question is: Everybody has something to answer for (whether it's fornication or being cruel to fornicators)... so, the question is not whether we'll be forgiven, it's whether we want to be...[/quote

Good point! I think it is a wonderful thing that we can all be different. That is why I am glad I live in America. I've had a good time debating this. I see some have not!:D I am just 31 years old I still have alot to learn!!!

Dixie, please don't leave. B) I enjoy your posts and you have a lot of good things to say.

I'm sorry that this thread has bothered you. I am actually OK with where it has gone. As you may have noticed, I copied this from another board you and I both frequent. Please don't deprive us of your participation due to one thread which has turned in a direction you don't like.

I second guessed myself when I posted this joke, thinking that the thread may develop into something like this. However, I decided that that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have gay friends, too. I love them like I do any other. However, I do disagree with their choice. I disagree with it just like I disagree with my friends who are still heavily addicted to drugs and alcohol. I still love them. I actually find myself going farther out of my way to love them than I do for my friends with no obvious outward issues. (Though we all have our inner problems.)

I agree, it is sad that most homosexuals are treated like crap. Just like the rest of our population, they can be great producers, thinkers, engineers, financiers, etc. I believe it is wrong to exclude them due to sexual preference. We miss many good things when we begin to exclude people. HOWEVER, I will not condone giving the benefits of a true marriage to homosexuals, and I will not inconvenience my life merely to make it more comfortable for a homosexual to live out his or her choice. I become very indignant when the extreme opposite happens and gay pride is shoved down my throat and I am made to feel bad because I don't give every homo on the block a pat on the back for making their choice.

I still struggle with the issue of whether or not it is a choice or something built into their life. Homosexuality is not a new issue. It has been around since Sodom and Gommorah, and will always be with us. I don't know everything. I know it must be a terrible feeling to know that the things you desire are contrary to what should be, and to be discriminated against because of it. For awhile (in the hayday of "Queer Eye", etc) it was the worst thing ever to be a straight male.

I am young (25) and always learning. The longer I'm around, the more I found out I don't know nuthin'. The more I grow as a Christian, the more I am learning that it's not my job to tell someone that what they are doing is wrong and that they should change because I said so. NOTE: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DISAGREEING WITH SOMEONE AND DEMEANING THEM BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH THEM. I think my job is to simply love, and let God work in people's hearts. Jesus did lots of walking and talking with folks a few thousand years ago, and it seems he always spoke of loving your neighbor, not telling him he needs to paint the fence or mow the yard. Jesus seems to be the guy who would mow the yard for his neighbor and not complain that his yard was unkempt. It seems to me that Jesus' life was not very "religious" at all. What's religious about fishing and walking? Unfortunately, we have put a lot of extra garbage into Christianity. "You have to dress up", "You have to have your life in order BEFORE coming to church", "No alcohol, tobacco, etc" None of that garbage is in the Bible. Do I dress up for church? A little, because I want to. My life is not in perfect order... that's why I go to church!! I don't drink or smoke because I don't think they are things that help me, not for any religious reason. However, I am hurting myself just as much by being a fat turd. My extra 100lbs is probably causing my body more harm than a 1/2 pack of cigarettes everyday would. That's something I need to work on because I think so, not because anyone else tells me.

OK so at this point it's becoming obvious that all I'm doing is rambling, so I'll stop here.

I guess a more serious answer to the question is: Everybody has something to answer for (whether it's fornication or being cruel to fornicators)... so, the question is not whether we'll be forgiven, it's whether we want to be...

Wow... well put, dude! B)

Guest Angel 24/7

I didn't know posting a comment would cause so much comotion. Allan said he met you Saturday & he shot some of your guns.(xdshooter) Ha said you were a great guy. He told me to walk away from this so not to get myself into anymore trouble. But, that is not how I am built. I see alot of the same views you do.

I can't change that he is gay. I can only love him, And maybe the reason I try not to judge other people is because i am judged with this Extra 60lbs I have. I have been called a Fat Bitch more than once.( my job). This is our society!

Guest TNDixieGirl

Wow, you just said a MOUTHFUL dude!! lolol

I don't disagree with the topic being debated, I just thought it rude to turn your joke thread into a religious/homosexual debate when another thread could have been started taking up the debate.

I have gay folks in my family, and I'm much like you, I don't have to agree with their choice, but I don't torment them for it either.

I just laugh at jokes that are funny no matter the subject. Gays, blacks, Mexicans, blondes......we have a little of all in our family so we just roll with it.

If the hijack didn't bother you, I'll just zip my lip. B)

I love you guys!! Allan was a great dude, and I look forward to seeing him at all of our events. He had some cool rifles too, and that was the first time I ever shot a 7mm Mag!!

I prefer Coke to Pepsi, but I won't let that get in the way of any friendships I have.

I'm glad we're cool Dixie. Everybody run out and hug somebody, QUICK!!!

I don't know why people get all bent out of shape on here when something is posted that they don't agree with. I've only been here a few months, but I see topics change and take a different course all the time. So what? Especially when it's in the "off topic" category. If what you are reading bothers or offends you, then just don't read it or take part in it anymore. Otherwise, post your opinion and have a nice friendly debate.

Everyone needs to B):chill::D:chill::chill:

Guest dotsun

I have a problem with the idea that it's a choice. As a very heterosexual man, I couldn't choose to think a guy's hot and wanna get busy with him any more than I could choose that Angelina Jolie is just another girl.

Although I must say, that Mike.357, he's something else. B)

Guest Angel 24/7
I have a problem with the idea that it's a choice. As a very heterosexual man, I couldn't choose to think a guy's hot and wanna get busy with him any more than I could choose that Angelina Jolie is just another girl.

Although I must say, that Mike.357, he's something else. B)

HEHEHE. that is a debate that will be open forever. I know I have NO desire to go down on ANY girl! I think alot of them are curious not necessarily gay?

I agree, I don't think it's a choice. I think it's in the genes and you're born that way. My sister has a lady aquaintance that is a lesbian and she has a TWIN brother that is gay. There's some genes that got mixed up for sure! Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right I I definitely don't condone it, but unfortunately, a person's genes can get mixed up sometimes.

Guest Angel 24/7
I agree, I don't think it's a choice. I think it's in the genes and you're born that way. My sister has a lady aquaintance that is a lesbian and she has a TWIN brother that is gay. There's some genes that got mixed up for sure! Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right I I definitely don't condone it, but unfortunately, a person's genes can get mixed up sometimes.

My friend said even when he was little he did not want to go fishing & roll around in the dirt like most boys. He started dance when he was 5 years old, he loved going to plays. He was a girly boy! He has came out to his mother & not his father scared of his reaction. I told him there is no way he does not know unless he is in denial?