Ruger LCP sight customization - worth it?

Guest dfsixstring

Guest dfsixstring

I'm curious if anyone out there has had this customization done, and, if so, do you see a significant improvement in the LCP?

http://www.innovativ...s.com/id18.html

The custom work is about $140.00 and shipping is $10.00.

FWIW - I've added the Pierce Finger extension and a Hogue grip to my LCP and like it. I just don't like the sights.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dfsixstring

I used to only carry the LCP when clothing restricted me from carrying my 9mm SR9c. I recently picked up a Pro Carry LT holster for the LCP (love it) and find myself carrying it more often now. This was the impetus for looking at improving the sights.

Hadn't thought about the front sight hanging me though. Good point.

W/O any question those sight's will make it easier to "use the sight's" on an LCP but at what trade off? The current sight's or simply sighting down the upper side of the slide work's well enough for me to qualify with it. I consider the LCP as a 7 yardor closer pistol and most likely it would be used at arms reach. In the past a shotgun bead has been used on really small pocket pistol's and considered state of the art. So i guess I'm saying save your money or buy a different, somewhat larger pistol instead, you'll be happier.

Personal opinion here, but how about giving some thought to a laser device of some sort? In the same price trange you're talking about. I know it's not for everyone, but for me...I like it.

I have a CT unit on my LCP and love it. Instant activation when you draw or pull the gun. Not really necessary I know, but for nightime use, I favor it. Spent about 20 minutes on the range zeroing at 20 feet and it's held for over a year. I try to shoot 10-12 rounds every time I go to the range just to keep check with it and keep used to the trigger.

Not for everybody...but I like it.

waste of money, unless for some reason you just want to use the lcp as a target gun. My wife does some cool stuff with her .22 and 22 mag revolvers (2 inch barrels) at 25 yards but she is just showing off. The gun will do a lot with a short barrel and sight radius, but why ?

Guest dfsixstring

Always good to get a sanity check from the forum. I like the "look" of the tritium sight, but the value add seems to be lost - based on initial feedback.

Get some luminescent white paint and paint the sights (such as they are). A friend painted the tip of the front sight and the face of the rear sight on his LCP and it makes them really "pop" to your eye a whole lot more. I need to do that to my P3AT.

But at the same time, like most others have said... it's a "get off me" gun, most likely to be used within arms length. Practice one-handed point shooting and shooting from retention at 3-5 yds more than the classic two handed 15 yd stuff.

Try sighting along the slide, sort of point shooting. I have found that with my P3AT (I also have the pinky extension on my carry mag and a Hogue Handall, Jr. on mine) I can shoot just as accurately in 'rapid fire' mode out to about seven - maybe even ten - yards as I can do trying to use the sights. For that matter, sometimes I am actually more accurate with it using that method than with the sights when trying to shoot quickly. I'm talking about keeping my shots in the chest or at least COM area on a B27 or other human silhouette target while practicing presenting the pistol then repeatedly pulling the trigger as quickly as I can. Shooting a smaller, ring ('bullseye') target at a slower rate of fire I do better using the sights.

Edited by JAB
Guest 5Legion

Funny I was thinking same thing for my LCP. My regular carry gun now a days over a G19 or S&W Bodyguard. I like a decent set of sights even if it is a break contact gun. So I emailed them about a week ago. 8-10 wk back log on that work, they are not even taking a waiting list. Must be nice to have such business!