KSG Spotted

I got to handle a KSG yesterday. It went out the door at my friend's gunshop for about 648.00 I believe. Seems pretty cool but I would hate to drop that on the sidewalk - lots of plastic in that gun. I am a fan of plastic handgun frames but I dunno about the KSG. One happy camper on the wait list went home with that one.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest twpayne75

A shop next to my house got one in. It got gone before I made it down to look at it. Not sure if I want to buy one or not. Guess if I ever see one in person I will know. $648 is the best price I have heard though.

Guest drv2fst

My dad has a friend with one. He said it has quite a kick to it. It's pretty light and there is not much there to absorb recoil. I have not yet been invited to shoot it.

Guest twpayne75

I watched one sell for over $1800 this weekend at the Memphis Gun show. It sold within the fist 10 minutes.

A fool and his money do part...............

I think the KSG is pretty cool. It's refreshing to see something that is not just a new take on an old idea. If they were reliably available I'd probably have one, but as is I'm not going to try to budget in an item I can't even find. Same goes for the PMR 30, I'd really like to have one but haven't even seen one in person, and probably wouldn't pay the grossly inflated price tag. Maybe KelTec will expand their facilities at some point and actually fill the demand somewhat.

Same goes for the PMR 30, I'd really like to have one but haven't even seen one in person, and probably wouldn't pay the grossly inflated price tag. Maybe KelTec will expand their facilities at some point and actually fill the demand somewhat.

I got to use my Uncle's last year when I was visiting. It's a neat concept but I would not pay that much for a pistol almost completely made out of plastic. It's like a water gun... looks like one too. Neat and fun, and 22 mag has some skip to it... but for what they go for? Nope. I think around $300-400 would be reasonable. I ain't buyin' one 'til it gets down around that price.

Yeah I think $300-$400 sounds about right. It's funny, KelTec I think has some very reasonable and realistic MSRPs, too bad retailers aren't taking the suggestion.

Between the PMR, the PLR, KSG, RFB and Sub2000 I think KT has some of the coolest stuff out there.

I was hot for a PMR until I got one in hand. Trigger is just not there for a target pistol, and that is about the only use I would have for it. Its not reliable enough to carry IMHO (based off observation, it can be finicky). If it were reliable and had a shorter barrel it would make a strange self defense weapon....30 rounds of 22 mag would make that mugger look like a cheeze grater. Its an almost but not quite gun for me. I was really tossing between it and the plr 16, glad I got the plr. That gun has been flawless.

A novelty kinda like the PMR 30. I'm still waiting for them to come down in price. It's good to see that this is dropping in price too. The amount they were going for was just silly.

I have seen PMR-30's for $299. Can't get much cheaper than that.

I would buy one in a heartbeat if it were in 22lr. But not in 22 mag. I know they are planning on a conversion for the mag but I don't want to have to buy a gun I won;t use and then spend more to be able to use it.

Dolomite

I would buy one in a heartbeat if it were in 22lr. But not in 22 mag. I know they are planning on a conversion for the mag but I don't want to have to buy a gun I won;t use and then spend more to be able to use it.

Dolomite

Wow, I haven't seen one any where near that price before. It's been a while since I priced them on Gunbroker, but I see them on Armslist for 600+ all the time.

Dolomite

If your talking about CDNN, from what I understand they never actually have any in stock. They can list the price at whatever they want if they haven't got any.

I was talking to one of the guys at outpost armory about these and he said basically it wasn't even worth looking up what they'd sell one at as they can't get them.

Now having said that, the news that there may be a lr conversion just makes me want one more.

I did get a chance to check out an RFB at a gunshow in Nashville about a month ago. I was pleasantly surprised as the seller was asking exactly MSRP for what is probably their hardest to find weapon. I thought that was damn decent of him.

Guest drv2fst

I finally got to shoot the KSG today. It's really cool. I'll definitely buy one when I can. It's heavier than the 870 but much shorter. It's as short as my 870 would be if it had only a pistol grip and no stock. I don't like the plastic forend, but it's not a big deal. Overall, I'd love to have one.

Dolomite

I saw a guy had a PMR-30 for $700 at the gun show in Kingsport this weekend. Then I looked at the rest of his guns and they were anywhere from $150 to $500 dollars over priced!

Guest drv2fst

Me either. Rather have my Saiga.

Each to his own preferences. However, I have owned a Saiga 12 and have shot a KSG. Here are my $0.02

Both are made well enough but neither is refined. Both pack $#!}load of firepower. :rock:

KSG pros:

• Holds more rounds than Saiga's common 10-12 round mags.
  • approximately 1/2 the length of a Saiga
  • approximately 1/3 the height or a Saiga with a 10-12 round mag loaded.
  • Pump Action means it can cycle anything with out changing springs.
  • Already short so no need to ask the BATFE for permission (and pay $200 and wait 6 months) to make it short.

Saiga Pros:

• Semi-auto so in theory you can fire faster. I doubt this matters much because anything 12 gauge is going to take a moment to get back on target and during that time you can pump the KSG.
  • You can change mags faster than you can load 12+ new rounds into the KSG.
  • Semi-Auto provides a slightly softer recoil if you are sensitive to such things.

Guest Southern45shooter

Some more cons of the KSG:

Lots of plastic

Made by Kel Tec, (not known for durability, KTs are known as carry often, shoot rarely guns)

Less capacity, using a 20 or 30 round drum in the Saiga

Slower rate of fire

IMO, the Saiga is the most effective shotgun on the civilian market. The KSG is a flash in the pan, I think.

Each to his own preferences. However, I have owned a Saiga 12 and have shot a KSG. Here are my $0.02

Both are made well enough but neither is refined. Both pack $#!}load of firepower. :rock:

KSG pros:

• Holds more rounds than Saiga's common 10-12 round mags.
  • approximately 1/2 the length of a Saiga
  • approximately 1/3 the height or a Saiga with a 10-12 round mag loaded.
  • Pump Action means it can cycle anything with out changing springs.
  • Already short so no need to ask the BATFE for permission (and pay $200 and wait 6 months) to make it short.

Saiga Pros:

• Semi-auto so in theory you can fire faster. I doubt this matters much because anything 12 gauge is going to take a moment to get back on target and during that time you can pump the KSG.
  • You can change mags faster than you can load 12+ new rounds into the KSG.
  • Semi-Auto provides a slightly softer recoil if you are sensitive to such things.

Plus the KSG can carry different loads, now someone will probably be along shortly to argue the merit of carrying two different saiga mags loaded with different loads but hey at least with the KSG you don't have to adjust or swap anything to make those loads function.

Now having said that I'd take one of each if money wherent an issue.

Guest drv2fst

Some more cons of the KSG:

Lots of plastic

Seriously, have you even seen a Saiga? ;) It's got its own plastic infection.

Made by Kel Tec, (not known for durability, KTs are known as carry often, shoot rarely guns)

Less capacity, using a 20 or 30 round drum in the Saiga

Slower rate of fire

All true

IMO, the Saiga is the most effective shotgun on the civilian market. The KSG is a flash in the pan, I think.

I can't argue against the Saiga. The KSG could be a contender if KelTec could make enough of them. If people started improving the KSG aftermarket like they have the Saiga then it would stand a chance of not being a flash in the pan. I hope you are wrong about its reliability and long term feasibility....but only time will tell.