What is your favorite platform?

Guest darkstar

What is your favorite platform  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite platform

• Pistols (semi-autos), gimmie them hi-cap 'zines
    • Revolvers, Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya punk?
    • Carbines, never know when CQB may be necessary
    • Rifles, Chuck Connor's got nuthin' on me
    • Shotguns, I got 'ol Bess right there in the corner
    • Class III stuff, yo Rabbi, you got da esstended clip fo dat?

Guest darkstar

Just curious as to what is everyones favorite platform...by this I mean do you like pistols? revolvers?, rifles, shotguns.

Though I like pretty much everything I gotta go with pistols best. I love my Sigs.......

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

Started out as semi-auto.....But even though I don't own any "yet", thoughts of revolvers and semi-auto rifle's are starting to creep over me :D.

Guest c.a.s.

My first firearm was a lever-action rifle. So, I pretty much stick with rifles, with an affinity for semi-auto pistols (that is also envy in many cases)

i voted rifle because it can do damn near anything but be concealable(excluding class 3 SBRs). it has knockdown power, high-capacity, quick follow-up shots, rapid fire.

but i gotta ask, favorite platform for what? many people will agree that a different platform is more suitable for different tasks. a varied assortment in the gun safe is best

Guest DrBoomBoom

I like 'em all, but it was my Uncle John's Smith and Wesson .38spl revolver that was the first handgun I fired as a youngster. The memory of it still fills my imagination and warms my heart. That's why I named my Smith Victory Model "Uncle John" and why I've got to say revolvers are my favorite.

Guest Halfpint

I went with semi-auto pistols because I can't carry my rifle or shotgun everywhere. No high-capacity magazines for me though--to me, high-capacity or extended mags means 8 rounds instead of 7.

Guest darkstar
i voted rifle because it can do damn near anything but be concealable(excluding class 3 SBRs). it has knockdown power, high-capacity, quick follow-up shots, rapid fire.

but i gotta ask, favorite platform for what? many people will agree that a different platform is more suitable for different tasks. a varied assortment in the gun safe is best

Just what do you like best...you a rifle guy, revolver, etc. Not so much concerned with what for what application just what you like best, for aesthetic reasons if for nothing else.

Hmmm...although I spend most of my ammo allowance on 9mm, my first love is bolt action rifles. I spend most of my shooting free time shooting or practicing for IDPA, which is the polar opposite of shooting a bolt action. One is fast and furious and "close enough" is often great if it's quick. The other is slow and precise. IDPA is a blast; rifle shooting is not exactly fun, but highly satisfying on a good day. Good thing I have two trigger fingers.

Well, I voted for the good old shotgun.....and so far I see I'm the only one! I know you can't carry them concealed, but that's really their only drawback. A shotgun is great for home defense, and it's great for all kinds of hunting. They're basically a short range rifle when you use rifled slugs in them. You can change barrels and chokes for different applications. You can even put extended mag tubes, side saddles, lasers, flashlights, pistol grips and all that good stuff on them if you want to. If I could only have ONE gun, it would be a 12 gauge shotgun for sure. Thank goodness I'm not limited to just one gun though!!!

I'm kinda all over the map on this one. My carry guns are semi-automatics but not hi-caps by any measure. I have a plastic-fantastic that stays in the house for my wife.

But I've recently bought a Colt SAA that I love so I'm suddenly into wheel guns. And on top of that I got a pre '64 Winchester 94 simply because I wanted one so I'm into lever actions too.

I don't fit all that well into any one category, but I marked semi-autos.

Eh, who cares. A gun is a gun, they are all fun to shoot. I really don't have a favorite. I typically carry semi-auto pistols. Long ago I shot IDPA style of shooting and even some bullseye.

But, I love to shoot cowboy action with my Ruger Bisley Vacqueros SAA style revolvers and Lever action rifles, side by sides or Model 97. I have also hunted with pistols and have several modern revolvers as well.

I love the precision of a fine rifle. I'm happy to shoot the 378 win mag or the 415 Rigby on a big game hunt. Or a .223 or 22-250 blasting away on some varmints and smaller critters.

I'm also glad to head out to the field with a shotgun for pigeons, clay or real. A nice semi-auto or O/U shotgun can be a real work of art and fun to shoot. Or put a slug in it and hunt down some hogs. :D

As anyone who's seen me at the range knows, I'm a wheelgunner.

However, I don't discriminate and will gladly turn money into noise with a semi- or full- auto pistol, rifle, shotgun, grenade, mortar, rocket, missile, you name it!

Guest Smitty

I have always been a around rifles my whole life with the exception of my 12 gauge shotgun when I go turkey hunting and my makarov for when I conceal carry so I'm a rifle guy. I have been collecting WWII rifles at the moment and shooting them as well. I took one hunting and harvested a nice doe with it for a nice challenge with open sights no scope @ 75 yards. :death:

Guest BG38357

I shot my first revolver 52 years ago. My dad had a S&W 1917. Then in 1988 I really got the bug when I bought a brand new S&W 686-1 6" and started shooting every weekend. I also got into reloading about then.

I've had just about as many autos as revolvers, but always gravitate to the wheelguns.

Miss my old S&W 624 5" in .44 spl. the most. :death:

Here's my S&W 28-2 4"

DSC00485sm.jpg

Edited by BG38357
update
Guest grimel

You have no slot for Contenders, I'm predominately a handgunner and if I can't mark Contender, I want revolvers and semi-autos. I guess I'll have to go with blued steel and walnut revolvers.