Ruger mkiii aftermarket sights?

Sam1

Anyone have a recommendation from personal experience on a set of higher vis sights for the mkiii? We bought a reflex optic (which I absolutely love) but it's my wife's gun and she prefers the patridge style oem one but it's difficult at times when using black targets.

Have never messed with the low light fiber optic sights, so I'm not sure if they act as well in normal or bright lighting conditions.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wondering the same thing so no real help on my end. The ones on shopruger look pretty decent but there has to be better one out there.

What kind of reflex did you go with? I tried a walmart red dot but wasn't to thrilled with it.

I think volquartsen has a fiber optic front sight. Every one seems to love the burrow fast fire for red dot sights. Heard good thing about the primary arms micro dot also, for a cheaper sight.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

I've been wondering the same thing so no real help on my end. The ones on shopruger look pretty decent but there has to be better one out there.

What kind of reflex did you go with? I tried a walmart red dot but wasn't to thrilled with it.

Got one of those cheap chinese ones from a gun show for $25, it has green and red along with 4 different style reticles. Absolutely love it, it's consistant and just so easy to shoot with both eyes open and no strain at all. I have a lot of trouble using post sights with both eyes open, ring sights are no problem though.. it's a weird issue.

For the ones recommending the fiber optic sights, is there any issue with shooting them in bright light? It may not even be a problem that exists, I've just never had the chance to use them so I have no idea what the pro's/con's are other than working better in low-light.

Got one of those cheap chinese ones from a gun show for $25, it has green and red along with 4 different style reticles. Absolutely love it, it's consistant and just so easy to shoot with both eyes open and no strain at all. I have a lot of trouble using post sights with both eyes open, ring sights are no problem though.. it's a weird issue.

For the ones recommending the fiber optic sights, is there any issue with shooting them in bright light? It may not even be a problem that exists, I've just never had the chance to use them so I have no idea what the pro's/con's are other than working better in low-light.

I've never really noticed any difference in day time. Definitely helps getting on target faster like speed shooting for example

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2