Person in Maryland in custody, 25 guns. Alleged to have told former employer he was the joker and would blow them up.

Seems they took a person into custody after 2 alleged phone calls to a former employer making threats to blow them up.

Seems he had been fired from that job.

Per the news story, with a warrant his apartment was searched and 25 guns found.

He was also wearing a t-shirt, "guns don't kill people I do"

Unless the threats can be proved, they don't have anything on him it appears. I could be wrong, but if they can't prove the threat it is case closed right? if he passes medical evaluation?

Police evacuated part of the apartment building and took Prescott into custody without incident, they said. He hasn't been charged and was undergoing a medical evaluation

Just playing devils advocate, if a person gets fired and say the employer really wants to make things hard for that person, trump up a charge like that. It would be a he said, they said situation. Even if there was a phone call record, it could be as simple as asking when do I get my last paycheck. (not saying that is what happened)

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/27/12993058-maryland-man-found-with-dozens-of-weapons-says-hes-the-joker?lite

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they can convict him if the jury finds the witnesses are credible. Witnesses’ testimony is evidence.

Threatening to blow up a businesses in this day and age will likely result in Federal charges that will bury him.

On the other question; nothing keeps people from falsely accusing you, other than like any crime; fear of prosecution if it is discovered.

Edited by DaveTN

"Quote

Police evacuated part of the apartment building and took Prescott into custody without incident, they said. He hasn't been charged and was undergoing a medical evaluation"

They can find him incompatant(sp) and He will never get His firearms back, and He will have very hard time getting it turned over.

It was done to a Man in Lebanon a few months back, He told the Doc "He would rather die than live hooked up to a machine to live".

My take, be very carefull what you say and to who you say it to.

He is accused of making the threat, he had what will be perceived by some as too many guns and too much ammo, he was wearing a T-shirt that said “Guns don’t kill people; I doâ€, A Police spokesperson said they “thwarted a terrorist threatâ€. You think he can find a credible shrink that will say he is okay to own guns? If he made the threat, I think he will be lucky if they offer him a deal that keeps him out of prison.

This is nothing like what happened to the guy in Lebanon. The guy in Lebanon didn’t make a threat and wasn’t charged with a crime; they were evaluating him as being suicidal. According to his videos; they didn’t seize his guns either.

...My take, be very carefull what you say and to who you say it to.

Absolutely and that goes double for what you say online anywhere, here, Facebook, email....anywhere.

I think a lot of people forget that..."posting" on a forum or other site is the 21st century version of a public meeting in the village square and you most certainly can be held accountable for what you say.

Come to think of it, I need to edit a few posts. ;)