should i be seeing deer?

Guest Brent1973

Guest Brent1973

Ok ,it's getting about that time of year and i'm a little worried i have not see any deer where i'm hunting. I seen deer around and my dad has seen a lot at his place but i have seen nun here .. should i worry about this?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be due to water issues with the drought & heat. They may have shifted parcels to greener acres. Maybe just temp. I've been seein dear but different areas than 'usual'

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what type of terrain you have but around here, most of the deer are near agriculture now. I have seen lots in the bean fields and crossing to corn fields. If you have salt or mineral licks on your property, check for tracks around them. The deer seem to be hitting my salt licks hard this summer. I jumped a doe and fawn off one of mine I was checking this morning and they had beaten a well worn path back and forth to it.

Guest 6.8 AR

Not being a deer hunter and seem sometimes to just run over them with my big blunt obvious object,

I haven't noticed anything different in where they cross the tracks from Nashville to Bruceton. I still

hit them in the same places, and cycle the headlight and blow that loud ass horn to try to get 'em

out of the way.

Strange that some humans are similar in response.

Got more deer around here than ticks. Driving the neighbors into bankruptcy eating all their soybeans morning, evening and night.

Currently like said in previous post, they seem to be in the farmers corn and soybean crops. With the drought we had it's probably going to be a bad year for acorns so they'll be in the Farmer in the Dell's fields more often.

BTW. We have some trophy bucks around here but, them are some wary antlered beasts and you very seldom see them. Saw a monster 14 pointer a couple years ago sneaking across low crawling my country road covered in a Gilly suit :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a 6 pointer in my backyard just a couple days ago still had some velvet too. Haven't seen a buck in the backyard like that in over ten years. He lost interest as soon as he found the end of the treeline, I'll bet he's makin his home a good bit deeper in those woods, probly close to the Cheatham county line. Also, I've been seein foxes in places I don't usually see them.

Edited by Ebow1
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Riverrat

Don't worry unless you see "panthers". Black ones especially. ;)

Do we need spotted ones?

I have 2 black ones and getting a third this fall.

Check with fed and state for ownership.

Plant you a field of peas, they will come running.

Edited by Riverrat