CZ Rami opinions/experiences

Tennjed

I have a CZ Rami 2075 9mm on layaway. Does anyone have any first hand expierence with these, espically in carrying it IWB and the manual safety (non decocker) model. I got it mainly to fill a spot in my collection for a subcompact 9mm (I sold my Kel Tec P11). As much as I try, I just can't warm up to poly guns. I am a steel man. If this gun proves accurate and reliable then I plan on it becoming my EDC

I have done the "google is your friend" thing, and it seems most reviews are positive. It looks like the early models had feeding issues, but the 2nd gen seems to have addressed that. I am curious to what current forum members have to say

I went with the manual safety model. I have some guns with decockers and some without. I perfer decockers but could not find the newer Rami PD model.

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one in 9mm, it has the standard safety (cocked & locked option). Mine is the steel version as well.

Accurate? It is that for sure. I have fully adjustable sights on mine, and its amazing.

Reliable? The only issue I have had is its rifling is close to the chamber: extra heavy rounds, lead reloads, or extra long rounds can get stuck in the rifling and cause a serious jam. If you use standard ammo (115 grain, typical length) it is 100% reliable. I have only see a couple of factory loads do this, and those were the 140+ grain stuff.

I use mine mostly for 3 gun. I have had the SAO trigger installed on it. But if I were to carry this gun, I would probably carry it hammer down and use it like a DA/SA gun (reverting the SAO mod). I cannot say if I would feel comfortable with it cocked & locked -- I use it that way at 3 gun BUT that is pretty much load it, safety on, and use it a few moments later. I have not carried it C&L (I have carried it, but not cocked).

I think you are going to like it. It is my favorite midsized 9mm. I would have no concerns using mine for daily carry, I do not because its 1 size too big for my daily preferences.

The extended mags are sweet. But to carry, I use the smaller mag. Have at least one of each, IMHO.

Rami's are great guns! Just stay away from the polymer frames. I believe that they have discontinued them now. I've got a couple of the CZ 75 compacts and want to add the Rami BD with the decocker to the family once they become easier to find.

Edited by Volzfan