Gun Lube Applicators

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are lubing so precisely? I use a plastic bottle with a cone shaped top I got [several] from a hobby store. Fill with Mobile One synthetic 5W20 and lightly saturate. Wipe off the excess.

I hear ya bro

What are lubing so precisely?

Guns;) How do you do and with what? Like Dolomite I use a 50/50 of oil and tranny fluid on most things. Lubriplate on slides and tranny fluid on S&W revolvers. I like to use a $2.00 needle applicator to put enough oil on the gun. I'm going to say this with a grin: I have a bucket of Glocks, 3 with no finish on the slides and never had a rusty one. And I am notorious for not cleaning my Glocks very often.

Use a 10cc syringe, 18ga needle. cut the neele with wire cutters, take needle nose pliers to 'squeeze' the crimp out of the needle. Fill syringe with lubriplate.......good to go. Can do the same thing with Mobil 1.

That is what I use. I get them at TSC. Can't remember what size. They work well for me.

Guest BungieCord

Glock = six drops of oil

The Brownell needle oiler works fine for me, with Mobil1. If you don't fill it more than part-way full, it's less prone to tipping over. And even if it does, the fluid level is too low for it to leak out.

And if you're oiling precisely, how many years would it take you to use an entire bottle's worth?

If a person never changed brands and used the same quart of oil to take care of his at the house guns I wonder how long a quart would last? I've had a half gallon of CLP for about 5 or 6 years. It doesn't look much lower than when I got it and I use it almost exclusively just because I have it and someone gave it to me when they were moving. Counter that with a precision applicator and I bet a quart would last nearly a lifetime for even a moderately active shooter. However most folks I know try this and that wonder lube, never truly sticking with one lube out of one container year after year.