I need some clarification

Guest Ray Cover

Guest Ray Cover

I will be traveling through your beautiful state on my way to GA in a couple weeks.

I have a CCW permit from my home state of MO and I have looked up the TN gun laws on usacarry.com but I still have a question.

The usacarry.com site says that in an automobile "Firearms must be unloaded and in plain view or secured in commercial gun cases anywhere in the vehicle."

Does that also apply to CCW holders or is that just for general firearms transportation? If you have a conceal carry permit do you really have to unload and either lock up or display your gun while in your car traveling?

Thanks,

Ray

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a CCW/HCP, pay no attention to the info you've found. You're more than welcome to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle.

I will be traveling through your beautiful state on my way to GA in a couple weeks.

I have a CCW permit from my home state of MO and I have looked up the TN gun laws on usacarry.com but I still have a question.

The usacarry.com site says that in an automobile "Firearms must be unloaded and in plain view or secured in commercial gun cases anywhere in the vehicle."

Does that also apply to CCW holders or is that just for general firearms transportation? If you have a conceal carry permit do you really have to unload and either lock up or display your gun while in your car traveling?

Thanks,

Ray

Guest canynracer

Thanks,

Ray

Hi Ray!!

Welcome!

No, you can carry loaded and ready to fire.

But keep in mind, I have a TN Handgun Carry Permit (HCP, our permit doesnt specify concealed, you can carry open or concealed)

I am pretty sure that the laws are the same for you.

Some of the others that are more familiar with the laws will be along shortly...I will see if I can find them......

HEY FALLGUY.....RAY HAS A QUESTION FOR YOU!!!!:woohoo:

Guest Ray Cover

Thanks fellas,

Here in MO open carry is legal without a permit but you must have a CCW to carry concealed. From what I can see most of our laws are very similar I just want to make sure I don't get myself in trouble by not understanding what is and is not allowed.

again thanks,

Ray

WooooHooo!!! I knew if I yelled loud enough he'd come!!

Thanks Fallguy

LOL :woohoo:

Oh....and just for fun then.

39-17-1351

® (1) A facially valid handgun permit, firearms permit, weapons permit or license issued by another state shall be valid in this state according to its terms and shall be treated as if it is a handgun permit issued by this state; provided, however, the provisions of this subsection ® shall not be construed to authorize the holder of any out-of-state permit or license to carry, in this state, any firearm or weapon other than a handgun.